Paris . 1st of october . Car free day . Anyone interested?

Luiz

Paddylax had a great idea and i would like to help spreading the word . Meeting in Paris 1st of october on the car free day (the hole city centre).

Me and my wife will be there , anybody would like to join us .

Theres an english speaking section/thread somewhere on one of the french forums. Ill try and find it and post there too.

Itll be so much fun. Throw in a decent lunch and a drink or two and it could be an awesome day. Id love to test my wheel up the steep roads around montmartre as well as the usual tourist points. Should make some awesome video to. ?

1 hour ago, Paddylaz said:

Theres an english speaking section/thread somewhere on one of the french forums. Ill try and find it and post there too.

Itll be so much fun. Throw in a decent lunch and a drink or two and it could be an awesome day. Id love to test my wheel up the steep roads around montmartre as well as the usual tourist points. Should make some awesome video to. ?

I am looking forward to ride from the champs elisee till  la defense  . Paris with no cars will be an epic euc ride . 

50 minutes ago, Luiz said:

I am looking forward to ride from the champs elisee till  la defense  . Paris with no cars will be an epic euc ride . 

I'm going to Paris middle of next month too, so I'll take some time and do a 'reconaissance' for cool possible areas/places in town.

5 hours ago, Luiz said:

I usualy go to Paris driving so that i can take my wheels . What transport do you use if i may ask?

Eurostar! Here in the Uk we have 'Eurostar snap,', so you can get a return ticket for £50. That's cheaper these days than going to the north of England! ?

10 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

Eurostar

Wish it still went out of Waterloo!

will they let you carry an EUC though, or are they still anal about Lithium batteries?

56 minutes ago, Keith said:

Wish it still went out of Waterloo!

will they let you carry an EUC though, or are they still anal about Lithium batteries?

Unless they've changed anything since march last year...they genuinely don't care...

Was there a time that they did?

I took my old Lhotz through then, and that even LOOKS like a f****** bomb ?

3 hours ago, Luiz said:

£ 50 return is great . If we can take the wheel with us it is perfect  . How do we confirm if we can take the euc on eurostar Paddylaz ?

Well ive done it several times....no troubles!

• 1 month later...

Apart from being a day free of cars in Paris There will be a big euc meeting (more than 100 riders) organized by the e-rue shop . 20 km starting from the terrace of trocadero near the eiffel tower at 10:30. 

Great chance to participate of one of the bigest euc riders meetings in the world and enjoy the hole Paris city centre free of cars.

Euc riders dream in my opinion. What do you think  paddylaz?

By the way . How was your reconaisance ride  . Have you found any nice routes?

2 hours ago, Luiz said:

Apart from being a day free of cars in Paris There will be a big euc meeting (more than 100 riders) organized by the e-rue shop . 20 km starting from the terrace of trocadero near the eiffel tower at 10:30. 

Great chance to participate of one of the bigest euc riders meetings in the world and enjoy the hole Paris city centre free of cars.

Hi! Is there a website or something to pick up more information or to register for the event?

Sounds great ^^

E-rue is on facebook . You will find the site aswell there.

I participated in one of their rides back in april . It was awesome 126 riders ages from 8 to 70 . Everybody was very friendly and i felt at home.

19 minutes ago, Luiz said:

E-rue is on facebook . You will find the site aswell there.

I participated in one of their rides back in april . It was awesome 126 riders ages from 8 to 70 . Everybody was very friendly and i felt at home.

I know the website and FB too. But it's like the April-event - outdated. Or I'm to stupid to reading and finding...

I have got the information about the e-rue meeting on the 1st of october from hansolo here on the forum on the video  topic . I actualy have not checked the facebook page or the e-rue site.

You can find videos of the e-rue meeting in 30th of april on youtube.

10 hours ago, Luiz said:

Heya mate.

Yeah I'm getting excited about this now! Do we need to talk to them to say we're coming or whatever? Ill check this e-rue thing out when I get home tonight. Where is the info about the 1st Oct on here? Which page of the video section?

I didn't get to go to Paris in the end sadly as my mother was ill. So doubly excited about next month. I'm going to take the Eurostar the night before and stay in a hostel.

22 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

Heya mate.

Yeah I'm getting excited about this now! Do we need to talk to them to say we're coming or whatever? Ill check this e-rue thing out when I get home tonight. Where is the info about the 1st Oct on here? Which page of the video section?

The info in French

https://www.espritroue.fr/topic/3372-rando-eroue-du-01102017/

and translated:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.espritroue.fr%2Ftopic%2F3372-rando-eroue-du-01102017

• 2 weeks later...

Archived