Removing the BT module from ACM Board

Rehab1

@Jason McNeil is sending out my new ACM board today with the updated firmware. I found out the new board does not have the bluetooth module so I needed to remove my BT module from the existing board before returning it. 

There is an abundance of silicone surrounding this little circuit board which needs to be carefully cut. I precut the silicone before shooting the video so you would not hear all of my swear words. 

Once the silicone is sliced all around the module you need to Carefully wiggle the module back and forth until the pins on the module dislodge from the mainboard socket.

I hope the video helps to better understand the process. 

If someone for some reason needs a new Bluetooth-module, it can be found in Aliexpress under name "SH-HC-08", this seems to be the exact same board (note that the EN- and STATE-pins are left unconnected on the ACM-board and it uses straight pins instead of angled, though), down to the date-code on the actual BT-board:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SH-HC-08-Bluetooth-4-0-module-with-backplane-serial-transparent-transmission-module-cc2541-bluetooth-BLE/32497038959.html

There are other sellers with boards using the same CC2541-module for about half or less of the price of the above linked one, but with slightly different components on the breakboard, those might work (the pinout seems to be the same), but I don't know for sure. Also that same board is available with the button next to EN-pin left out (like in the original, and in the board linked above) or soldered in. Don't know if that affects either (probably for pairing?).

56 minutes ago, esaj said:

If for someone reason you need a new Bluetooth-module, it can be found in Aliexpress under name "SH-HC-08", this seems to be the exact same board (note that the EN- and STATE-pins are left unconnected on the ACM-board and it uses straight pins instead of angled, though), down to the date-code on the actual BT-board:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SH-HC-08-Bluetooth-4-0-module-with-backplane-serial-transparent-transmission-module-cc2541-bluetooth-BLE/32497038959.html

Another great piece of info to file away! The BT modules are pretty darn cheap!

For people that don't have access to reputable dealers for parts there should be a topic called Resource for EUC Spare Parts. No ads, No conversation, just a spare parts locator guide with hyperlinks to the part's source. 

So many members ask questions like:  "Where can I buy replacement tires?".  "Who sells protective padding?"  "Where can I get bullet connectors?"   "I need a motor bearing. Who sells those?" " My Gotway BT module just fried! Does anyone know where I can purchase one?" 

A dedicated topic like this would provide a wealth of information for forum members. It is difficult to go back through thousands of posts trying to locate the parts you are searching for.  Don't get me wrong the search feature on this forum is good but it is just not the same as having all of the available parts categorized into one simple, easy to use reference guide.

On 2017-07-05 at 10:24 PM, Rehab1 said:

Another great piece of info to file away! The BT modules are pretty darn cheap!

For people that don't have access to reputable dealers for parts there should be a topic called Resource for EUC Spare Parts. No ads, No conversation, just a spare parts locator guide with hyperlinks to the part's source. 

So many members ask questions like:  "Where can I buy replacement tires?".  "Who sells protective padding?"  "Where can I get bullet connectors?"   "I need a motor bearing. Who sells those?" " My Gotway BT module just fried! Does anyone know where I can purchase one?" 

A dedicated topic like this would provide a wealth of information for forum members. It is difficult to go back through thousands of posts trying to locate the parts you are searching for.  Don't get me wrong the search feature on this forum is good but it is just not the same as having all of the available parts categorized into one simple, easy to use reference guide.

A wiki that has all this information would be more useful.

• 8 months later...
On 7/6/2017 at 4:27 AM, esaj said:

If someone for some reason needs a new Bluetooth-module, it can be found in Aliexpress under name "SH-HC-08", this seems to be the exact same board (note that the EN- and STATE-pins are left unconnected on the ACM-board and it uses straight pins instead of angled, though), down to the date-code on the actual BT-board:

There are other sellers with boards using the same CC2541-module for about half or less of the price of the above linked one, but with slightly different components on the breakboard, those might work (the pinout seems to be the same), but I don't know for sure. Also that same board is available with the button next to EN-pin left out (like in the original, and in the board linked above) or soldered in. Don't know if that affects either (probably for pairing?).

After losing the Bluetooth module of my Tesla (don't ask) I bought and put in one of these: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01N4P7T0H/

However I can't seem to get it to work:

* Connecting to it (SH-HC-08) from my Android settings, I get either pairing rejected or incorrect pin
* Connecting to it from the old Gotway app, I get something in Chinese and nothing happens
* Connecting to it from WheelLog I get a "Direct connection failed"

Did I miss a step or did I buy the wrong chip perhaps?

15 hours ago, Flow said:

After losing the Bluetooth module of my Tesla (don't ask) I bought and put in one of these: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01N4P7T0H/

However I can't seem to get it to work:

* Connecting to it (SH-HC-08) from my Android settings, I get either pairing rejected or incorrect pin
* Connecting to it from the old Gotway app, I get something in Chinese and nothing happens
* Connecting to it from WheelLog I get a "Direct connection failed"

Did I miss a step or did I buy the wrong chip perhaps?

You need to rename and change the speed rate of the Bluetooth module to get it working. I did it with the Arduino software and a serial adapter. I don't remember exactly the speed setings, it is either something like 9500 and 115000bps. I will be able to tell you in a week or two when I will have the tools.

To be detected by the Gotway app, the name must be "GotWay_Xxx)

IMG_6449.PNG

Archived