Lukasz

I just have received KS16S last Friday. 

It is great wheel!  I have around 4-5k km experience total, 2k km on Ninebot OneE+ anbd 2-3k km on KS16, and I have to admit that although KS16S has the same plastic body as KS16 - changes are really important and it was worth to get it for sure! (I will comment that in the separate KS16-KS16S comparison thread) 

This wheel seems to be almost perfect, in fact I think that it is one class higher than KS16 in all aspects - torque, speed, smooth ride as butter, range, less noise, and many more. 

The only thing to take care of is the modification of the pedal springs, as this is in my opinion the only drawback, however this is quite easy mod to do. 

Please find below how to do it step by step

7 ready made_resize.jpg

1 unglue_resize.jpg

2 print_resize.jpg

3 printed + magnets_resize.jpg

4 unscrew_resize.jpg

5 mount magnet cut plastic_resize.jpg

6 unsrew spring_resize.jpg

As a 'first aid', until I may actually take on this mod, I used a little WD-40. It already helped a lot to fold the pedals up with much less effort (can now be done 'by foot') which wasn't even possible before. Just mentioning for others which would like to have this ultimate solution but can't do it at the moment, like myself. 

1 hour ago, Christoph Zens said:

As a 'first aid', until I may actually take on this mod, I used a little WD-40. It already helped a lot to fold the pedals up with much less effort (can now be done 'by foot') which wasn't even possible before. Just mentioning for others which would like to have this ultimate solution but can't do it at the moment, like myself. 

WD-40 and duct tape, the ultimate engineering tools :P  My pedals have loosened up a bit, at first it was hard to get them to fold open/closed, now not so much, but probably should take a look there too. I have a bunch of neodymium magnets, but they're small, so might not be powerful enough for the pedals. Heading out for a ride tonight, so maybe I'll also try to calibrate the pedals to be tilted back a bit on "zero-position" and see if it helps with acceleration and braking on steep hills, like explained in the other thread.

In the KS16  I have used 14 mm magnets with 3 mm hole - slightly weak, but if You can use two of them side by side - it should be enough. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/06/2017 at 0:55 AM, Lukasz said:

In the KS16  I have used 14 mm magnets with 3 mm hole - slightly weak, but if You can use two of them side by side - it should be enough. 

Hi,

The after video is impressive !.

would you mind to share your drawings ?, I would love to get it printed in 3D.

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Archived