Hall effect sensor - type from markings?

andress

Hi,

can anyone help to determine the hall effect sensor type from its markings? My guess the marking says 4451H 615 but nothing turns up if I google this.

Thanks to anyone with helpful info! :)

20170605_131104 (1).jpg

It is a newer version of the ks14c motor. I broke the axle again and during pressing out of the axle from the motor and other handling the mosfet legs broke. Protective sleeves didn't help much. i will write more about the process once I'm done.

2 hours ago, esaj said:

MT4451-A (TO-92 package) latching hall sensor?

http://www.haierxikj.com/UploadFile/Photo/2015-12/2015122116070476677.pdf

Thanks so much! You are the best :)

13 minutes ago, andress said:

It is a newer version of the ks14c motor. I broke the axle again and during pressing out of the axle from the motor and other handling the mosfet legs broke. Protective sleeves didn't help much. i will write more about the process once I'm done.

3 hours ago, esaj said:

Damn....I just purchase the KS 14-C for my wife. Do you jump curbs or any other activity that would put high stress on the axle?

I actually think that the second time was caused by not using spacers between the pedals and the motors. The old ones didn't fit and I didn't get new ones with the motor and since @tinawong told me its ok I went ahead and installed the motor without them. Maybe I put the pedal holders a bit too far from the motor and that caused higher stress on the axle due to bigger leverage? At least that is my working theory since I barely ever jumped on the unicycle with the new motor.

btw @esaj how do you know its the type A? 

EDIT: Oh I see its the casing type

12 minutes ago, andress said:

btw @esaj how do you know its the type A?

It's the type with the flat TO-92 package. Well, I guess it could be the MT4451A-T too, the difference seems to be just radial vs. (probably) straight leads, but I'm not sure what the difference is with TO-92's with radial or non-radial leads, I don't think there are TO-92's with axial leads?

Family Members
MT4451A    Flat TO-92 package, Radial lead, bulk packaging
MT4451A-T  Flat TO-92 package, bulk packaging

SS39ET-Series.jpg

I guess the non-radial leads could mean the T3/L-type here, and T2 would be non-radial... or the other way around? ;)

Just now, andress said:

I do hope its not the MT4451A-T since that would mean exact opposite outputs than  MT4451A according to the spec sheet :D

Actually, there are pictures of the radial and the other type later in the datasheet... just check pages 6 & 7

9 minutes ago, andress said:

I do hope its not the MT4451A-T since that would mean exact opposite outputs than  MT4451A according to the spec sheet :D

Aand.. they're very confusing with the model names... AT is the SOT-23 -packaged chip with different pinout, A and A-T (notice the hyphen between A and T) are TO-92 -packaged, and have the same pin-assignments.

Yes, I noticed that, thank you. :) As I didn't find any suplier here in czechia I will most likely use TLE4935L as the specs look pretty similar and I can get it tomorow and I have already once used it and it worked (different unicycle - Freeman). Hopefully it will not change the riding experience. :)

• 2 weeks later...

@esaj @electric_vehicle_lover I couldn't get the right gauge wires in the right colors in the store so after changing the axle I put new wires in but during manipulation lost the tags describing which is which. So after some experimenting now the unicycle acts as it acted when I once put the motor in the other way around (Kingsong actually changed the side where the cable goes from the axle between the old and newer version of  KS14C) but had it connected the right way. Just this time I'm not sure about the order of the wires but I'm sure the motor is in the right way. So should I play with the order of the phases or the hall sensors? Hope my question makes sense... Thanks

You mixed up the signal wires of the three hall-sensors? Yeah, can't think of any other way than to try different combinations until you find the right one. Luckily, there's "only" 6 combinations... ;)

The thing is I don't know whether it is the hall sensor wires that are mixed up or motor phase wires :/ so 36 combinations

I'm glad I got it working at least this way so I know the motor and control board still work

Archived