Another newbie advice: Rockwheel GT14 vs IPS I240+ vs Ninebot E+

ubertoad

Hello there!

This things look like a nice commuting tool - a bike that you can carry and no problems uphill, so I want to buy one. I rent one to try and they gave me scv v3 doublewheeler and there were no problems starting, while I know that I need more for single wheel.

We mainly have Ninebot and Inmotion here with very little else, hence the selection. Other ninebots and inmotions (but V8, cause price) are fine to consider too. I'm too lazy and impatient to order from China, so I'm likely to stick to this.

My main round trip itself is like 5km, but more time for circling in a park is nice. There are hills there, so additional power is nice. I don't need high speed though.

Now rockwheel looks a bit better then ips for me, as it has a bit better battery and the company is still on.

Under $700 I think. I'm still not sure if it won't become another expensive toy that is never used, so I'm trying to make it less expensive.

Roads where I'll ride are OK, Though they are sometimes paved with stones, so they're not quite flat.

MCM4 680 Wh costs $800 here. There's a used one on sale with 340 Wh for $680.

The main thing I don't like about 16` is weight.

You might want to consider the InMotion V5F or V5F+ if that's available.  It's a 14 inch wheel and about 25 pounds.  On Jason's site the pricing is at $675 + $100 if you want the extras (fast charger, handle, cover).

There's a Rockwheel GT16 (16" wheel - no GT14), but I think it's closer to $1000 USD?  I've only seen people order them from AliExpress.  People seem happy with them, but there have been some failure reports which I think they may be working on.

Ninebot One E+ is a solid choice and pretty durable, but it only goes about 22 kph for about 20-25 km's.  My battery actually seems to be doing okay after a year.  I had thought it dropped in range, but after yesterday's ride it seemed back to normal.

Ninebot One E+ is a solid choice.  Extremely durable if you don't fry the board by riding it  under a bench or in deep sand.  If you get lucky, you might get one of the discontinued P models, with the higher top speed.:huh:  Which is what am starting to think that I might have:roflmao:

Are there any Ninebot One P's still in use?  I think I saw someone selling one on the forums a while back, but I thought they were prone to control board failures.  It's too bad Ninebot / Segway / Xiaomi hasn't put out a new 16" wheel with competitive specifications, but I wonder if they want to avoid litigation as they are a pretty large corporation.  Maybe releasing a faster wheel might result in more injuries and lawsuits that when compared to the profits may not be worth pursuing?  I believe these wheels were not really meant for high speed travel, but more to move at a slow jog speed in the interests of rider safety.  That could explain why Solowheels aren't known for 40+ KPH capabilities since you really can't "run off" or "land safely" at those speeds.

I still like the look of my Ninebot, and those old Youtube vids still look pretty cool to me!  There's something classic about the design appearance...

Archived