Crazy 9B1

smallexis

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

LOL what :blink: the :blink: heck?

nothing that couldn't be resolve. Because my 9B1 has just hungry (even if it's seems to be angry).

When battery level is below 4%, if I try to use my 9B1, tiltback go forward and backward in order to force me down from the wheel.

And last time, I had a screenshot of a remaining negative distance : 

image(279).png  

7 minutes ago, smallexis said:

When battery level is below 4%, if I try to use my 9B1, tiltback go forward and backward in order to force me down from the wheel.

Wow!  Another level of protection, tiltback forward and backward.  Minus 2KM?  Does that mean that the battery life is reduced by 2KM every time you charge now?

Just now, steve454 said:

Wow!  Another level of protection, tiltback forward and backward.  Minus 2KM?  Does that mean that the battery life is reduced by 2KM every time you charge now?

No my battery life is not reduced. the matter only come from the remaining distance calculator which is really very imprecise.

Remaining distance is based on Voltage measured for a 320Wh battery capacity. And because I have a capacity of 750Wh inside my 9B1, the calculations are distorted

4 minutes ago, smallexis said:

the matter only come from the remaining distance calculator which is really very imprecise.

Just like the distance to empty on some new cars.  They seem imprecise also.  They try to warn too soon.

it's something like that.

On ‎19‎-‎03‎-‎2017 at 0:38 AM, smallexis said:

No my battery life is not reduced. the matter only come from the remaining distance calculator which is really very imprecise.

Well, if you drain your batteries near the end, may be your battery life will be reduced. Ok, not 2 km but...Li-Ion batteries do not like go below 20%.

What I do not know is, if percent numbers shown in the app are real percent capacity of the cells...

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I wonder if the BMS (unless it's shunted) would cut power before the voltage gets down too low.  

Good question, but I can't answer because the BMS in my DIY battery is not from 9B, I use standard 16S BMS with direct output for power voltage.

56e5d0a2d266c_diybatt6.thumb.JPG.01d3ea9

For curious people, I give you the link for a french forum in which I give all details for this DIY battery (with french commentary)

Maybe that's why I can use my wheel until such a very low remain capacity. And that's why it's possible with an original 9B battery (and BMS) to have a cut before this low voltage.

6 hours ago, Rotator said:

Well, if you drain your batteries near the end, may be your battery life will be reduced. Ok, not 2 km but...Li-Ion batteries do not like go below 20%.

According to my knowledge, cells model 18650 can be used until 3V (and it's not good to go lower).

The only value which is very close to reality is voltage given by the app. So we can deduce that the "critical value" for the whole battery is 15 x 3 = 45V.

Have you ever seen a voltage below 48V with your app? NOT ME.  The lowest voltage I have seen was close to 49V.

When you go below 52V, you are not allowed to go faster than 12kph. So with 9B1 battery protection, you will never use the real last 20% capacity of your battery.

6 hours ago, Rotator said:

What I do not know is, if percent numbers shown in the app are real percent capacity of the cells...

certainly not.

Archived