GOTWAY 10" LUFFY LIFT TEST

I can't imagine this thing going that fast, so how do these alarms work? Is the alarm based on amps to the wheel that would be affected by load, or is it really just speed? I'm just hoping it can actually go the claimed speed of 23 kph. 25 kph would be icing on the cake.

Rob

Just the messenger here, but..... some thoughts / inferences:

• Gotway App alarms for current generation 14" or greater wheels are: 1st alarm: 25km/h (hard setting, regardless of weight) & 2nd alarm: 34km/h (hard setting, regardless of weight).  So this falls in line if you shift these speeds to 2nd alarm & 3rd alarm for the Luffy.
  • The monkey wrench here is that Gotway App 3rd alarm is usually 80% power, varies with load / riding weight.  So this is still unclear.
  • It is said that 10-15km/h under lift test max is a good threshold for safe max speed on an EUC, so, based on this video, I can't imagine the Luffy would have a hard time going even 27km/h real world under load, or possibly even the purported 30km/h some AliExpress vendors advertise.  (Just need to be careful of potholes / divots as the smaller 10" tire size is more susceptible to such road imperfections, especially more so going such max speeds.)

Yeah, saw this vid. He's super overleaning though (I imagine for testing purposes).

I imagine the Luffy can achieve these max speeds, but not with very hard and sudden accelerations ala power Gotway motors; more gradual due to the weaker 350W nominal motor, I imagine like the IPS Zero.

This probably also means you cannot do hard sudden braking on the Luffy, so going max speeds probably require even more spotting for possible obstructions and impedances, again, like when traveling max speeds on the IPS Zero.

Archived