Battery reliability of an older EUC

flvraptor

Hi! I'm new to the forum. I've been very interested in EUCs since about 6 months ago since one passed by me during a hike on some forest roads. I'm currently looking for an EUC and have found a couple of potentially good, used options. One of them is an NB C+ that the owner claims is about 2 years old and has about 25 miles. Have the C+ been around that long? I suspect the EUC sat around in various levels of charge for long periods of time. Will the battery still be reliable? Thanks.

Lithium batteries are best stored in a half charged state, somewhere between 20% and 80%. 

Storing at full charge is just as bad for their longevity as storing at low charge so if it's been left around at mid charge a lot of the time then that's great!

9 hours ago, flvraptor said:

I'm currently looking for an EUC and have found a couple of potentially good, used options. One of them is an NB C+ that the owner claims is about 2 years old and has about 25 miles. Have the C+ been around that long? I suspect the EUC sat around in various levels of charge for long periods of time. Will the battery still be reliable? Thanks.

I think the C+ has been around since 2014.  How much is the price?  Ninebot One E+ is good quality, the C+ has less battery power and shorter range and speed, and slightly lower motor power, but if you can look at the app and see if it charges up to 100% or even near that, and the owner can ride it and demonstrate that it will go about 10 mph then it might be a good starter wheel.

If it only has 25 miles on it, that is not much riding.  Who knows how good the battery is by now.  Like @Gimlet said, the proper storage voltage can make a huge difference in battery life, also the battery pack is expensive.  Nowadays you might find a new C+ for $500 dollars online.  If the one you are looking at wasn't 2 years old, I would say go for it, but for a little more money you could get a new wheel, maybe a Kingsong 14 inch or something.

What is the other used wheel that you found?  You might get better advice if people knew what your options were.:huh:

Just as a single data point on battery lifetime, I have had my Firewheel for 22 months and the battery seems to be in very good shape. I do tend to keep it at about 50-80% charge and use a Charge Doctor for a "full" charge close to the time I'm leaving. Only rarely do I top it off past the Charge Doctor cutoff. So if the EUC has been stored for a couple of years near half charge the batteries could be fine. They're usually too heavy to ship, so try before you buy and bargain for a good price.

I don't think the batterie is the problem here.....

it will go like this:

about 1-2 weeks after receiving/learning the C+ you will be going to looking for a upgrade....as 10mph will definitely  not be fast enough for you.....

2014 the c+ sure was great as nothing faster was available and possible to get...

nowadays?

one of the cheapest and best options to start may be a Mcm3 v2 550bucks or V8 850bucks...

my 2 cents

8 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

about 1-2 weeks after receiving/learning the C+ you will be going to looking for a upgrade....as 10mph will definitely  not be fast enough for you.

Yes, it is the debate on whether to get a "learner wheel" vs start with the Gotway Monster. :D

If I was just getting started and didn't know whether I would be serious about EUCs, it might make a lot of sense if I could get a Ninebot C+ at a good price. The person who originally bought this is a good example of a person who would have wasted a lot more money by going with a more expensive wheel. They didn't ride it for 2 years and now they'll sell it at a loss.

Thanks for the input everyone. The price is $800 for two C+. I haven't had time to really follow up with the seller since they are in Dallas and I  am in FL. I was supposed to take a business trip there, but that got cancelled. I'm not sure the guy can tell me the state of charge when in storage, but I'll ask. Thanks again. 

2 hours ago, flvraptor said:

Thanks for the input everyone. The price is $800 for two C+. I haven't had time to really follow up with the seller since they are in Dallas and I  am in FL. I was supposed to take a business trip there, but that got cancelled. I'm not sure the guy can tell me the state of charge when in storage, but I'll ask. Thanks again. 

Have you checked the wheelgo website, they are in Florida and the UK.  They may have a trade in for sale.

Thanks again, @steve454 for the recommendation to contact eWheels and @Jason McNeil. They did not have any used or demo EUCs available, but I got a lot of good information on various models, etc. As a lot of people have mentioned in different posts, he's a wealth of knowledge and very helpful. Just placed an order for a V5F+ for me and two a130's for my twin 12-yr old boys. What have I done? My wife will kill me!

Archived