Your first hours on an EUC

Bob Eisenman

Your first hours standing on an EUC.

This is a period of time where your body tried desperately to tell you that riding an EUC was not in your best interests. 

Perseverance prevailed over natural instincts telling you to give it up, stand on your own two feet and walk from place to place.

Scenarios like :

standing with one foot on the EUC and leveraging your body weight against the EUC to move the second foot onto the other pedal

or

Trial and error wobbling attempts to roll forward while mounted on two feet

became stronger motivators than natural impulses telling you to do something more stable.

....Any comments.?

Sounds like I started in 2014 ;)

I was so frustrated at that time looking on my daughter. She learned it so fast and fighting on every meter to stand on the EUC. It took a weekend with an Airwheel X3: Carry it to a sport place, take some tries, change with the other family members. Take it back after 1 - 1.5 h to charge the EUC to go back to the place after charging for the next try and errors. I haven' t known any at that time how could teach me to ride. I took the hard way and survived ;)

I remember I had to hold onto something to climb up onto the pedals. My initial practices were on the balcony of my apartment building. It had outdoor carpeting for a hard but still softer than concrete surface in case of falling. It had a rail on one side and a wall on the other that I could grab to help me stay upright. When I left the security of the balcony, I found I could go straight very well, but turning was a disaster! The last thing I mastered was mounting onto the wheel without holding onto a support.

5 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

My initial practices were on the balcony of my apartment building. It had outdoor carpeting for a hard but still softer than concrete surface in case of falling. It had a rail on one side...

Unless of course you feel over the railing...

Archived