Lhotz or Zero, Which one do you like?

rayna903

Lhotz is my ride! More power, bigger and fatter wheel. If I lived in a big packed city, my choice might be in favour of the Zero, as it is lighter and smaller, so easier to take on public transport, plus in more urban terrain the advantage of the larger tyre does not come into effect as much.

26 minutes ago, Slaughthammer said:

Lhotz is my ride! More power, bigger and fatter wheel. If I lived in a big packed city, my choice might be in favour of the Zero, as it is lighter and smaller, so easier to take on public transport, plus in more urban terrain the advantage of the larger tyre does not come into effect as much.

Ah, but... I find the fat tyre allows me to ride extremely slowly, which can be quite useful in a heavily congested urban area. 

9 hours ago, Slaughthammer said:

hi, yes, lhotz is larger and heavier than zero. but it is more convenient when you ride it. do you think so?

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't try the Zero, however I'm sure I prefer the Lhotz ;)

The 16 inch fat tire is very good for stability.

I tried the KingSong 16 inch which has a quite slim tire compared to the Lhotz. 

I felt as if it was going to slip on a side and make me fall when I made a close enough turn.

The only other EUC I feel OK riding is the Gotway 18inch MSuper v3 because it also has fat tire and is not as robust/uncomfortable as the MSuper v2.

However I still prefer the Lhotz! :)

I seriously considered to switch from Lhotz to Zero due to the amount of stairs appeared to my way (commuting) but I found another path and cant really consider that change any more. In zero there is very limited room for more grooved tire and/or studs, in Lhotz there in plenty of room to install even bigger studs than BG1000. Fatter tire (2,5") makes Lhotz incredible for even trail riding, I really enjoy that when packed snow between bumps like stone even up the path. Zero is more agile and light to carry, but it's hard to handle on the trails. Versatility is the thing keeps me attached with my Lhotz :)

18 minutes ago, Ponne said:

Zero is a fine wheel for short trips where you have to cary the wheel at intervals.

I agree, that would be an advantage of the Zero. For general use, Lhotz is superior. I have not actually tried the Zero, but I ride the Lhotz several times per week.

Archived