Debating between A1 and C+

Keenken

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I'm debating which is a better model (C+ or A1)  since they are very similar in pricing. 

I've reached on forum, review, and on YouTube but haven't found much comparison between the 2.

Given that the A1 is a newer model, I believe the battery might last longer.  But since the C+ has been around longer, any replacement parts will be easier to find. 

My main concern is really for my ninebot be able to climb uphill. 

Any advice? 

Thanks in advance 

If you have easy access to both, they are both nice wheels. The A1 is more modern and probably has newer electronics. One benefit I can see of the A1 over the C+ is that as you learn to ride, you'll find yourself wanting to ride further and further. The A1 can be upgraded to double batteries for double the range in the future if you decide that's for you. 

I believe both will climb hills fine, unless you are talking REALLY steep.

I own the E+, and it's a fantastic wheel, but I've only heard good things about the A1 and S2 also. 

The A1 is 14 inch tire, the C+ is 16 inch tire.  SpeedyfeetUK has done a video of the 14 inch where he puts it side by side with an E, which is the same size as the C+, and did a riding test where he talks about the differences, mainly lack of side padding on the smaller wheel making it harder to grab the wheel with the legs to hop up on curbs, 

But it is also lighter to carry and you can pick it up from the ground without turning it off first, I think there is a button in the handle that turns off the motor but not the whole unit.

7 hours ago, Bay Surfer said:

C+ parts are hard to find, with the rapid development of Cs and E to mainly E+, not many extra parts where made.

I have been waiting for close to 2 months for Ninebot to send me replacement main board for my C+. Waiting for ever...and ever....and friggin ever! :angry: They might not bother to send it because there aren't many C+ parts (if at all) or as you said @Bay Surfer they just can't be bothered because it is discontinued. Who knows. Point being....you might forget the C+ and go with the A1, at least it's a new model in production. I am pretty sure the BMS system must be better than the previous ones as well so It must be safer. Don't quote me on that one though. :) Good luck @Keenken

• 1 month later...

Archived