Out Run 21KM/HR

OneWheel

7 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Face planted at 10 kmh, does that count? ( don't laugh wheel stopped dead by pedal strike) ?

I try to start laughing BEFORE I hit the ground... That way it has to be funny for the whole "experience!"

The fact that I am normally un-sober is beside the point. 

Laughter AND Geronimo? Decisions,decisions.  Actually I find that the awesome force of gravity acts so quickly, I don't have time for anything, except splat. Even when I'm bi-peddling ( walking) it amazes me how we auto balance without giving it a thought, until, toe stub , and WHAM! Gravity claims another victim.

9 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Laughter AND Geronimo? Decisions,decisions.  Actually I find that the awesome force of gravity acts so quickly, I don't have time for anything, except splat. Even when I'm bi-peddling ( walking) it amazes me how we auto balance without giving it a thought, until, toe stub , and WHAM! Gravity claims another victim.

Ambulation??? 

Why would you do that when you can e-unicycle instead? 

I don't understand!   :huh:

10 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Ambulation??? 

I don't understand!   :huh:

Because 97. Something % of EUC riders are male. My partner falls into the 2.something % group.  For example, a perfectly good day to glide today, but no!  I've got to go into Barcelona and sight see...ON FOOT!! Oh the humanity!

On 18.11.2016 at 8:09 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Ambulation??? 

I don't understand!

Me neither. I tried it. It feels quite uncomfortable. Like I'm going to stumble any time and take a nasty faceplant. And you have to move your feet all over the place just to move around. In the beginning I didn't even understand how to start, since there is nothing to mount on. You just start moving your feet. Feel like a fool doing it. And even with all that effort it takes, you move ridiculously slow doing it. :mellow:

Found a video of someone trying it:

Yes, I know what you mean.  My partner and I tried it yesterday, 15,000 (steps) I think they call them. We were nackered by the time we got home. She's still walking funny ( but no one's laughing, well, just a little ). I really missed the foot pains from gliding.  Seems like a small price to pay to be able to get around so effortlessly. Who invented this walking bull ship anyway?

24 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Yes, I know what you mean.  My partner and I tried it yesterday, 15,000 (steps) I think they call them. We were nackered by the time we got home. She's still walking funny ( but no one's laughing, well, just a little ). 

Wow - 15000 steps and you still had the energy to make your "fairer-Smoother" walk funny!  :blink:

Where's the super-rep button?  :thumbup:

31 minutes ago, Smoother said:

I really missed the foot pains from gliding.  Seems like a small price to pay to be able to get around so effortlessly. Who invented this walking bull ship anyway?

Gliding is so much better - particularly up hills! 

And isn't walking just SO slow too?

Archived