buying with paypal

8 minutes ago, Gareth Tibit said:

Would anyone recommend buying from aliexpress seller "rockwheel" but via PayPal.   Not directly on aliexpress...seller gave me an amazing discount on a gotway msuper.  (reasonable discount not suspicious).   Just wanna know if it's safe to go ahead??

Hy....

if you get a discount...it normally works like this with this seller(own experience):

you buy the original (expensive) item on his ali-site...

After you bought it (do NOT PAY directly)....ONLY buy....the seller will adjust the price of your "bill" to the reduced discounted price....

After that, you pay normally....per Visa or any other method....

Paypal is not enabled on the ali-express website.

so if you can only pay by Paypal...you have to do it without ali-express safety

I personally have done 3 very high buys with "rockwheel"....and have been very happy with all, can only reputate this seller! Others here have also done business with him and all works out fine....

But: i have never done it over Paypal "without" ali.....your choice!

18 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Paypal is not enabled on the ali-express website.

so if you can only pay by Paypal...you have to do it without ali-express safety

The main reason I love PayPal is the safety factor. If you purchase a product and never receive it or the item arrives damaged you have their full corporate support. Paypal acts as surrogates/ customer service representatives to make sure you are not ripped off by a fraudulent seller!

I am not sure why a seller would not set up a PayPal account. It is a revered company that validates the seller and increases their sales!

Just now, Rehab1 said:

The main reason I love PayPal is the safety factor. If you purchase a product and never receive it or the item arrives damaged you have their full corporate support. Paypal acts as surrogates/ customer service representatives to make sure you are not ripped off by a fraudulent seller!

I am not sure why a seller would not set up a PayPal account t It is a revered company that validates the seller and increases their sales!

Ali-express did not support PayPal in general! its not "rockwheels" fault!

But: it has a very good secure mechanism for buyers!

The seller only receive the money after the goods are delivered....meanwhile the money is secured by ali!

1 minute ago, Gareth Tibit said:

The seller does have paypal...but using Paypal..i will have to place the order outside the aliexpress website. The seller does have excellent rating on aliexpress though. Just wondering if anyone has bought directly from him

What is your main problem? you CAN only pay by paypal...or you want because you like paypal?

The aliexpress buyer protectioin is -at least- the same high standard as paypal....

5 minutes ago, Gareth Tibit said:

The seller does have paypal...but using Paypal..i will have to place the order outside the aliexpress website. The seller does have excellent rating on aliexpress though. Just wondering if anyone has bought directly from him

When i CAN only use Paypal...i would have no problem to do it with THIS seller!

All my buys have been perfect...communication is -beside the normal language barrier- always fine and all questions answered immidiatly....

As you have paypal protection...i would do it for sure!

6 minutes ago, Gareth Tibit said:

I can use either(paypal or aliexpress)I'm wondering if the discount the seller gave me will apply when I use aliexpress but I know now that I will have the discount. :)    

Yeah...read my first post :-)

Just important not to pay directly...the seller can adjust your bought items...

1 for purchase in aliexpres have to open account aliexpres and give their bank details Blast, 2 look positive feedback and comments from buyers that seller, I also did me a good discount with a Gotway wheel, a month ago , 3 a problem and had to aliexpres is have charged twice the product, the second payment is not confirmed and the side returned me the money within 10 days, when you enter your aliexpres account and see the status of your account, you may say that your purchase is confirmed, but ignore, look where your shipment package and see their status, (and see it is not true that your order is confirmed and should not stop again) I do not have aliexpres problems, but there is always fear,, my experience from Europe, sorry for the translation yet

He is saying the seller wants to elimainate aliexpress and just order from the seller directly through the sellers account.  So basically he found the seller on Ali but to eliminate the money he has to pay Ali, the seller offered a discount if they do it this way.  

My advice and the reason I ordered through Ali was for the protection.  My wheel was suppose to be shipped in 24 days but it came in more then double that time. I was it worried because I had the protection of Ali and they hold money until I clear everything went well. With PayPal your paying him upfront. I didnot order from him but he seems to have a good rep. If the savings is more then 20% of the unit I would consider it.  Anything less it's not worth losing that protection

1 hour ago, Donafello said:

He is saying the seller wants to elimainate aliexpress and just order from the seller directly through the sellers account.  So basically he found the seller on Ali but to eliminate the money he has to pay Ali, the seller offered a discount if they do it this way.  

My advice and the reason I ordered through Ali was for the protection.  My wheel was suppose to be shipped in 24 days but it came in more then double that time. I was it worried because I had the protection of Ali and they hold money until I clear everything went well. With PayPal your paying him upfront. I didnot order from him but he seems to have a good rep. If the savings is more then 20% of the unit I would consider it.  Anything less it's not worth losing that protection

Nope!!!

its  not the seller who wants to eliminate ali-express! Read the whole thread again!

Gareth just did not know how discount on ali works....so HE  wanted to pay by Pay-pal! Just to not pay ali-express site price!As he did not know the adjustment method....its not the seller who was interested in blending out ali-express...it was Gareth himself!

Thats just how bad rumors start....and good sellers get a bad reputation........

On 11/6/2016 at 6:02 PM, KingSong69 said:

Nope!!!

its  not the seller who wants to eliminate ali-express! Read the whole thread again!

Gareth just did not know how discount on ali works....so HE  wanted to pay by Pay-pal! Just to not pay ali-express site price!As he did not know the adjustment method....its not the seller who was interested in blending out ali-express...it was Gareth himself!

Thats just how bad rumors start....and good sellers get a bad reputation........

I'm not bashing anybody. I ordered from aliexpress and was very happy with them. If the seller or buyer want to save a couple bucks and order through paypal and eliminate ali the so be it. I could care less. Rockwheel is a great seller and I was very happy with his customer service. Where in my post did you find me making a bad rumor? All I said was if he wants to eliminate ali and pay through paypal he would lose any protection from ali and would just be paying the seller directly

Archived