Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Phones Banned on Flights! Update: Now the Note 2 Catches Fire

Rehab1

On September 21, 2016 at 3:42 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Okay, so please accept my apologies for the really crappy video (I really must order that Yi 4K action camera)...But here is a walk-past of one of my work toys...

http://www.ccv.adobe.com/v1/player/4HGAyEadnIh/embed

The footnotes for anyone geeky enough to want to watch this...

• The roll of paper at the beginning starts off around 12km (7 miles) long
  • It moves at 122m (400 feet) per minute.
  • The boxes after the main printer bit add perforations, slit the paper to width and cut it to the finished (A4 size)
  • Output is about 25 pages per second

I guess you have to be sure to carefully proof read your print before hitting that send button or else you'll have a very large pile of oh oh pretty darn quick! 

image.jpg

Um does that printer print in colour and full duplex?  I've got some money...  -_- er paper documents that I need to print out for a small project of mine.

17 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I guess you have to be sure to carefully proof read your print before hitting that send button or else you'll have a very large pile of oh oh pretty darn quick! 

image.jpg

Um does that printer print in colour and full duplex?  I've got some money...  -_- er paper documents that I need to print out for a small project of mine.

Don't listen to him @The Fat Unicyclist! It's a con job! This is the project he really has in mind?

image.jpeg

Samsung Note 2 catches fire on IndiGo flight, passengers safe

Airline says it put out smoke; switch off Samsung Notes on flights: DGCA 

NEW DELHI, SEPT 23:  

A Samsung Note 2 smartphone caught fire in an IndiGo aircraft coming in to land in Chennai from Singapore on Friday morning. The aircraft landed safely.

The airline said in a statement that some passengers had noticed the smell of smoke in the cabin and immediately alerted the cabin crew. The crew members then noticed smoke coming from an overhead bin and had to use a fire extinguisher to douse it, sources said. “It was not fire, but smoke and spark,” IndiGo sources said. 

“The crew quickly identified minor smoke coming from the hat-rack of seat 23 C and simultaneously informed the Pilot-in-Command who further alerted the Air Traffic Controller of the situation on board. Taking the precautionary measure, the cabin crew on priority relocated all passengers on other seats, and further observed smoke being emitted from a Samsung Note 2 which was placed in the baggage (of a passenger) in the overhead bin,” the airline statement adds.

IndiGo added that the crew discharged the fire extinguisher as laid down as part of the Standard Operating Procedures prescribed by the aircraft manufacturer, and quickly transferred the Samsung Note 2 into a container filled with water in the lavatory.

Following the incident the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) called in Samsung officials on Monday.

DGCA has also advised the airline to make an announcement on every flight asking passengers to switch off their Samsung Notes on flights.

Earlier this month, the DGCA had issued a public notice advising “travellers not to turn on or charge” the Galaxy Note 7 phone on board an aircraft. The public order also advised travellers not “to stow them in any checked-in baggage”.

The DGCA notice was issued in “the light of ... battery issues with ... Galaxy Note 7 devices globally.”

image.jpeg

Archived