Frankensteining in your C+ into a E+

Bay Surfer

Well pretty sure my C+ has a 500w motor, kind of says it on the wheel, noticed it while messing with the controller, Controller it seems is ver 1.3 the same as the E+.

Thinking of getting a 320WH battery for the C+ which I like best go figure rides better, for more range, and carry the smaller battery extended trips with the C+ or E+.

Now I know I will get the E+ range with the new battery, just wondering if I will get the speed and power of the E+?

The only difference then would be the settings set by the Firmware due to the C+ Serial number.  The serial number is what tells the Firmware what settings should be installed to the MotherBoard.  If the C+ is set by Firmware to a lower speed limit, then you may not gain any speed (only about 1 mph difference anyways).  But, your distance should be very good with that battery.  I wonder if it might even be better than an E+ due to speed restrictions?  I also have two batteries, and carry one in my pack.  It's SO nice to be able to quickly switch over and keep going. At lunch or Coffee breaks, I give a boost charge, and can ride over 30 miles on a single ride.

Thought I might get the same range range as a E+ because the 500w motor, didnt think about if you go slower means longer range.  If the firmware is (smart), It may recognize the motor and battery and think it is a E+:),   Do you use a spare charger port to charge your depleted spare battery outside your wheel?

25 minutes ago, Bay Surfer said:

Thought I might get the same range range as a E+ because the 500w motor, didnt think about if you go slower means longer range.  If the firmware is (smart), It may recognize the motor and battery and think it is a E+:),   Do you use a spare charger port to charge your depleted spare battery outside your wheel?

I just recently bought another charging port.  So far, I've been charging inside the wheel every time.  I'm going to build a plastic box with the new port in it that I can carry in my pack (Saw the idea on these forums).  This will protect the battery when I'm carrying it too.

The Serial Number is what sets the parameters in the wheel.  If you put a P serial number into the E+, it uses the P settings.  Of course, it would likely burn out something due to differences in the wheel motor.  In order for you to have a real E+, you'd need to change the Serial Number, but I don't think you'd get NineBot to send you that due to liability and such.

I bought the new charging port here from ForwardCA when I bought the LEDs for my LED upgrade.  These guys are awesome to deal with!

19 hours ago, Bay Surfer said:

Well pretty sure my C+ has a 500w motor, kind of says it on the wheel, noticed it while messing with the controller, Controller it seems is ver 1.3 the same as the E+.

Thinking of getting a 320WH battery for the C+ which I like best go figure rides better, for more range, and carry the smaller battery extended trips with the C+ or E+.

Now I know I will get the E+ range with the new battery, just wondering if I will get the speed and power of the E+?

As already mentioned by @SuperSport - firmware installing the settings based on serial number. You could use the number from your E+ but you'll not gonna get the activation code from Ninebot.

Motor markings have nothing to do with actual specs of the motor. As confirmed by SpeedyFeet and Ninebot/Segway.

On 9/1/2016 at 8:28 AM, Bay Surfer said:

@Bay Surfer what firmware version are you on?  There are very few C riders left and I'm wondering if the updates were only for the E+ or the C, C+,E, and E+?

Version 1.4 firmware on the board I have now, that board has new Mosfets.  Waiting on a new controller, which I'll uptdate to 1.4 when installed, wonder if I'll get a activation code with the new board....

• 4 weeks later...

Archived