Inner shell broken - how to glue?

Eman

I don't know how I did it but the box from the battery box breakes to the inside. 

Which glue to take to fix it waterproof again? 

It's broken on the edge arround on the top... 

Thanks for advices 

Emanuel 

IMG-20160830-WA0015.jpeg

The plastic used is ABS PC. I tried to glue something on my NB1 using epoxy and CA. All failed. This is what I found on the internet:

Typically, you don't "glue" ABS plastic. You "fuse" or "weld" it by chemically melting it together with a solvent. The most common solvent for this purpose is a mixture of Methyl Ethyl Keytone (MEK) and Acetone. These are the primary ingredients in ABS pipe glue. The black color in ABS pipe glue comes from ABS resins which are added as filler so imperfect joints don't leak.

So, you can try to get a small piece of the ABS PC, melt it with MEK and acetone to use as glue. Or you can buy ABS pipe glue, test it in a small corner to see it works or not.

I also cracked the inside shell of my KS16.  I used J-B Weld epoxy which is really strong.  I previously used Araldite epoxy but it split again after a few days.  Just took a look at the wheel and it's still stuck tight and it's been about a month since I repaired it.

I've fixed stripped screw-threads on Firewheel shells with Lego-blocks (pure ABS) dissolved into acetone and then putting the mix in the stripped hole, screwing in the screw and waiting it to harden... Hardening can take quite a while, depending on how much acetone there is and how "well" it gets to evaporate.

Lego's wow that's a great idea, specially now that i'm rebuilding my damaged Firewheel Clone (Macwheel).

2 of the 4 base screws that hold it together have cracked bases, so Lego's is way to go!!

Cheers!! :D 

kDexJuI.gif 

Hey guys. 

I'm repaired it and the idea seems to be quite good what an engineer from my Depot had. See the pictures what I used and did... 

It's cyanoacrylate adhesive 2 component glue and super strong. 

The metal is this super easy aluminum thing what normally is put over the end of Laminat floor on doors. 

Hope that helps others as well. 

Emanuel

20160901_223050-640x360.jpg

20160901_223107-640x360.jpg

IMG-20160901-WA0009.jpeg

Oh, that looks much more than at mine... 

So kingsong should do something here for the next versions... 

Hope you find the glue and can fix it as well! If you need any information, write me. 

Maybe this from loctite helps as well:

http://www.loctite.de/de/content_data/8332_PlasticBonding_D_final.pdf

Maybe as well an English version is available somewhere. 

Archived