The best protective backpack for laptop and iPad?

Belly laughing

When I was half-groggy awaken from sleep and started to ride my EUC,  and then I saw a group of middle-aged women blocked my way,

I quickly stopped at my surprise and fell to the ground that shattered the screen of my iPad Pro 12.9" ($1,000 value gone away).

My backpack is made for Rock Climbing, not for laptop.

And then I decided to buy a new, belated backpack for EUC riding.

I'm alway carrying Macbook Pro 13" and iPad mini , iPad Pro(12.9") while riding EUC.

I found a hard shell backpack as the following:

1. Ogio No Drag Mach 3 Backpack (which looks not good in the design for me.)

2. Pelican Products OU1050-0003-111 ProGear Lite Laptop backpack (which looks good but seems not good-protective for huge iPad and macbook.)

3. Samsonite Vizair 2 Laptop Backpack, Silver/Purple, One Size (which looks nice for me but not enough to protect those my belonging)
4. OLizee™ DataShell Robust Armor Light Weight 15" Hard Shell Laptop Notebook Backpack Waterproof Motorcycle Backpack Travel Bag Red (which looks all good, but I am not sure at the quality delivered, for there are no reviews on it.)

5. Boblbee People's Delite Backpack (which looks good but too expensive and small in inner space for me. about $300 range.)

I have searched backpack with the keyword 'hard shell', 'for motorcycle', 'impact resistant', 'below $200'

I can not decide which one best fits my need after having searched during 2 days...

I am in a daze now....

any opinion?

IMG_0460.jpg

I think the screen can be replaced, at least around here there are cell phone stores that advertise screen replacement.  Also you could put bubble wrap around the electronics next time.  A hard shell back pack might hurt your back if you fell on it.

40 minutes ago, Belly laughing said:

When I was half-groggy awaken from sleep and started to ride my EUC,  and then I saw a group of middle-aged women blocked my way,

I quickly stopped at my surprise and fell to the ground that shattered the screen of my iPad Pro 12.9" ($1,000 value gone away).

I'm alway carrying Macbook Pro 13" and iPad mini , iPad Pro(12.9") while riding EUC.

I found a hard shell backpack as the following:

Imho you should not only look for a well protecting backpack. You also should protect your three devices from each other and all the other stuff you carry in your backpack! Maybe some separate hard shell protection for each of the devices could greatly reduce the risk of breaking! (+ some "hard" foam additionaly inbetween them?)

Also if you are light weighted protecting these three devices if you are falling straight on your Back could be quite a challenge... ;(

I use a Samsonite Vizair - which I think adds some (mainly corner) protection. But then my "valuables" are work owned, so I'm less particular. 

I was after a smaller backpack, and that died the bill. 

But I do like the look of that Ogio No Drag Mach 3 too.

4 hours ago, Chriull said:

Imho you should not only look for a well protecting backpack. You also should protect your three devices from each other and all the other stuff you carry in your backpack! Maybe some separate hard shell protection for each of the devices could greatly reduce the risk of breaking! (+ some "hard" foam additionaly inbetween them?)

Also if you are light weighted protecting these three devices if you are falling straight on your Back could be quite a challenge... ;(

Thanks for your suggestion and I utter concur with yours.   I did fall straight unto my backpack where all three devices were without any shock-absorbent objects hit.

You cleared my indecision whether to buy additional protective pouches or cases?  Thanks!

I had contacted Apple Support for getting the quotation of repair charge of iPad Pro that amounted to $800 in the current country. S. Korea.

( due to the costly digitized display of iPad Pro 12.9")

I made up mind to buy new one (maybe cheaper one) rather than getting it service.  but I am sad  ???

(It was used for my own work, not company's belonging.)

• 2 weeks later...

After vexation of assessments of all sturdy backpacks available in market, My final choice was 

"Pelican's U100 Urban Elite Laptop Backpack" as shown in the attached picture.

The biggest drawback which put me dragged in my feet to buy it long time before the decision is its empty weight: 8.05 lbs.

I'm adding this information for those who may be interested in it or have the same trouble with me.

And its features are:

Built-in watertight & crushproof case
Fits 15" laptops and up to 17" Apple
TSA fast- top-loader laptop access
IP67 Tested - 3 ft underwater/30 minutes
Easy open push button latch
Pressure EQ valve prevents vacuum lock
Impact protected iPad®/Tablet front compartment
Bottom expanding sling storage
Load compression straps
16 Liter durable ballistic nylon pack
Concealed water bottle pocket
Ergonomic S-curve comfort back

Ext. Dim. (L x W x D)    Case Int. Dim. (L x W x D)
19.50" x 13.60" x 12.00"
(49.5 x 34.5 x 30.5 cm)    15.50" x 10.50" x 1.50"
(39.4 x 26.7 x 3.8 cm)
Weight    Bag Volume
8.05 lbs. (3.65 kg)    16L
Case Material    Fabric
ABS    1000 Denier Nylon,
PU Backed

IMG_0471.JPG

Archived