V5F to V5F+ anyone tried to upgrade?

Noillek

Hi,

I just received my V5F and I'm completely  hooked, this means that I ride more and faster every time. The battery is lasting approx. 20km, doing 20-22 km/h most of the time. Still pretty far from advertised 30km, as I really want to use to commute home - work - home with just one charge, the 20km are tight.

Anyone manage to upgrade the wheel with the LG MH1 cells?if so what are the costs?

13 minutes ago, Noillek said:

I just received my V5F and I'm completely  hooked, this means that I ride more and faster every time. The battery is lasting approx. 20km, doing 20-22 km/h most of the time. Still pretty far from advertised 30km, as I really want to use to commute home - work - home with just one charge, the 20km are tight.

Anyone manage to upgrade the wheel with the LG MH1 cells?if so what are the costs?

The range greatly depends on weight (heavier rider / load = less range), riding conditions (hills vs. flat or calm vs. windy, warm vs. cold and so on), speed and other. 20 km is a good range for V5F. If you want to put in V5F+ battery pack check with @Jason McNeil for the pack price and availability at https://www.wheelgo.com/shop/

20km seems normal as I'm getting 30km on my v5f+, wind and hills may have more effect than weight if you use it for commuting, as the average speed will be constantly high and not so much acceleration/deceleration, I think once it's up to cruise speed the weight has lesser effect. Also you can try higher tire pressure to reduce friction.

On 12 augustus 2016 at 10:37 PM, HEC said:

The range greatly depends on weight (heavier rider / load = less range), riding conditions (hills vs. flat or calm vs. windy, warm vs. cold and so on), speed and other. 20 km is a good range for V5F. If you want to put in V5F+ battery pack check with @Jason McNeil for the pack price and availability at https://www.wheelgo.com/shop/

Thank you HEC, for now Jason has no plans of comercializing the upgraded battery pack.

On 13 augustus 2016 at 2:02 PM, nomad said:

20km seems normal as I'm getting 30km on my v5f+, wind and hills may have more effect than weight if you use it for commuting, as the average speed will be constantly high and not so much acceleration/deceleration, I think once it's up to cruise speed the weight has lesser effect. Also you can try higher tire pressure to reduce friction.

Thanks Nomad, went for a ride with another V5D and just the fact that he was way smoother riding he end up with allot more battery.

my conclusion isn't that tilt back and accelerating again often will make a big difference after a long ride.

Last ride manage to get 20km and still 17% battery... Also increased tire pressure.

• 3 weeks later...

The range of my v5f can reach 30km at around 15km/h average speed on mild rough road condition and my weight is 68kg.

But the tile back and over heat warning was very ignoring.

It can claim up hill at around 20 degree not more than 10 minutes.

waiting for v8!!!

image.png

Archived