Dumping Expensive Scooters In Canada

Canadian

I am a Canadian citizen looking to purchase an affordable scooter, and I am tired of these overpriced $2,350.00 CAD Chinese products being dumped on our market !!!  When Donald Trump gets elected President in the USA, you Chinese manufacturers are going to find it hard to flood and dominate our markets with your overpriced, but under quality electric Scooters. We in Canada wouldn't so much care if you priced the Citycoco Scooters at a street price commensurate with what they should actually be worth ($990.00 CAD), but at $2,350.00 CAD your Scooters are a joke !!!

Dunno about shipping costs, but it looks like they sell these for $498 USD+shipping. Converting $500 USD to CDN is about $625 so shipping is $1725 CDN?  Damn those Chinese rip off artists!  What - do they fly these things over in first class business seating?  Yes yes I hope Donald Trump wins and invades Canada and takes over so he can help block all overpriced Chinese imports to our fine continent!  :rolleyes:  Build that Asian Wall on top of that Mexican Wall and add an Alien Protective DomeTM on top of that too!

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/factory-price-Citycoco-Scooter-800W-Super_60476396977.html

Um, are you sure it's not some fellow Canadian who is ripping you off with a healthy mark-up?  Or did I just fall for a stealthily crafted advertisement hidden in a troll posting?  Actually I don't even want to know.  <_<

• 5 months later...

Grousing about Trump's wall aside ... you might try a motorized bike, as I tend to like these better than scooters ...check out the TSINOVA tech https://shop.cebuyer.com/collections/kupper/products/kupperbike-250watt-electric-mountain-bike-adjust-by-app ... this is from an American seller, so you might need to hoist it over the Canadian Wall :o before riding ... here's a video on TSINOVA 

There's actually a pretty good US electric scooter. But they have the same problem as every other western company, electric bikes and scooters with decent motors are technically banned everywhere so sales volumes are always too low to get pricing low enough. Chinese brands can rely on local sales.

Archived