58.8v to 67.2v

arthurson

hello everyone.

I have got Rockwheel gp14 for years, it still works as it should be.  inside there it use 28  lg 2a cells for power, thus it can run around 20km per time.

I don't have money to buy new stuff , so I want to add more 4 cell for it, like other 32 cells 67.2v ordinary euc.

I have 67.2 charger, 4 2.2a used batteries. and what I should do to mod the main board ?

thx everyone

I don't think this is something easy achievable. Your battery BMS is designed for 14 cells so it will be unable to manage extra 2 + 2 cells. The controller board is set and programed on voltages based on 14 cell battery packs so it will be unable to operate correctly with increased voltage of the battery pack. And that's leaving aside the fact that board or motor itself might not even by able to handle increased voltage physically. I'd say this is not worth the hassle unless at least the controller (and motor) are already capable of handling both 58.8 and 67.2V setups. And you'd still need to get new 16 cell BMS anyway.

I remember @Jason McNeil modded a Ninebot One to run on 67.2 volts.  I believe he just swapped the regular Ninebot 55.5 V one for a 67.2 V battery, and it worked.  As HEC mentioned electronics usually are designed with a certain operating voltage in mind, and exceeding it might lead to unexpected results like overheating components and possible failure.  I haven't heard Jason mention any long term results from his Ninebot mod so maybe he can comment?

Is there any specific reason why you want to add four batteries?  I wonder if maybe wiring them up in parallel with four other ones in the pack might do the trick without increasing the voltage... but I don't know how much benefit they would be.

You can add batteries to your existing ones as long as they are rated for the same voltage.You also want to use batteries that have the BMS built into the pack itself.My EUC inventory comprises a total of 6 units,four of which have been augmented with extra battery packs including a Rockwheel GR16,

Archived