Safety, Reliability, and Durability

wheeler

What brand and model is your wheel? How long have you been riding your wheel? How many days a week do your ride it?

Has it ever cut-out unexpectedly while riding?  What maintenance did you have to perform?

I've been riding a 2013 solowheel classic everyday for 3 years, w/o any issues..  It has never cut-out unexpectedly.

I have to replace the inner tire tube about every 14 months and had to solder a loose wire in the charger.

Welcome to the forums!

• Ninebot One E+
  • riding one month or so, also have been riding a generic since July 2015
  • Nb1 - try to ride 2-3 times a week or as often as I can
  • no cut outs, but I just ride pretty sedately, one cut off on generic climbing steep hill with low tire pressure and medium battery
  • did a battery cushion mod, added tape to seal side boxes from dust/water, added under pedal skim strips to reduce scuffs

1 hour ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

added under pedal skim strips to reduce scuffs

What are those and where did you get them?  @Sidestreet Reny was just posting not too long ago about wearing out the underside of his pedals sliding on curbs.  

I ride a Ninebot One E+ also, 80 miles on short rides, no cutouts had it since February, only air up the tire every week or two.  Ride 3-4 times a week, longest ride was one hour about 5 miles on park trails.

I got the custom carbon fibre auto moulding trim strips from Canadian Tire.

image.jpg

I cut off some pieces with scissors, but if you have a dremel you can bevel the ends so they adapt better to the shape of the pedals.  I haven't done that yet as I figure they might scrape down on their own.

The pedals might slide better on a couple of strips instead of concrete against powder coated aluminum plus they would protect the pedals. Good idea actually @steve454.  The moulding would make for a nicer skid pad under the pedals.

Tnanks @HunkaHunkaBurningLove I actually mentioned to @Sidestreet Reny about using pieces from old LP records as I remembered how slick they were when as kids we would put them in the street and lock up the rear wheel of our bicycles on top of them and slide about 50 feet.  But soon holes would wear through the vinyl, those strips you show look much more durable.

Archived