KingSong 14C pedal position

tetten

Hi,

I'm owning now my EUC for 6 months, a King Song 14C 800W 680Wh.

I'm happy with it, but I must say that longer rides (>10km) aren't very comfortable. Depending on the road surface, after 5-10 km my feet start hurting on the outer side of my feet.
I think this is caused by the angle of the KingSongs pedals.
The pedals are not parallel, they incline towards the outside.

See image (not mine, just ripped it from the internet):
 kingsong_ks-14c_test_lesnumeriques-2.jpg 

During the ride, I change the position of my feet several times to reduce the discomfort. This helps a bit, but not enough for longer rides. I tried yet with different shoes, but without luck.

My question is : Am I the only one with hurting feet on a KingSong 14C ? Have some of you "modded" your EUC with improved / other pedals ?

Hy,

some People say this angle helps to prevent to slip away from the unicycle on bumps and with this angle it is more comfortable in General...

I personally think that hurting feets are more from the shortness of the pedals....your toes are hanging over...and if you dont move your feet it hurts...

I own a KS14 since February and my feet did not hurt anymore (In the beginning it was ugly)....but i also would like to see longer pedals!

I have seen a good amateur modification to this pedal somewhere...it sticks something in in front and back and so it gets longer and more comfort...

But i did not know anymore where i see it, think it was here somewhere...

I've only ridden the KS-14C so do not have anything else to compare it to, however, I think @KingSong69 is correct. Most of the feedback I've read suggests that EUC's where the peddles do sit flatter are less comfortable (as well as grounding more easily in turns). Many people report that taking a very short break just to flex and move your feet around if they start to hurt makes a big difference.

KingSong have been promising larger peddles, which I'd hoped to retrofit, for some time, but I don't think they have appeared yet. I believe @1RadWerkstatt also has made a larger peddle available?

1 hour ago, Keith said:

I've only ridden the KS-14C so do not have anything else to compare it to, however, I think @KingSong69 is correct. Most of the feedback I've read suggests that EUC's where the peddles do sit flatter are less comfortable (as well as grounding more easily in turns). Many people report that taking a very short break just to flex and move your feet around if they start to hurt makes a big difference.

KingSong have been promising larger peddles, which I'd hoped to retrofit, for some time, but I don't think they have appeared yet. I believe @1RadWerkstatt also has made a larger peddle available?

i think the promised "larger " pedals are those rubber pedals we see at the moment on ks16/18...

you are right...1radwerkstatt.de sell their gigantic pedals...but only for Ks18...and not cheap by any means...150 euro is a lot of money...but i understand they completly done them theirself with good materials...and...right now they are sold out :-)

7 hours ago, cedrique said:

Could the pedals of the KS16 fit onto the KS14?

Even though I have no clue where to buy pedal spare parts...

There was a Report from @Jason McNeil, which said you have to work just a Little bit on the KS14 to make the Pedals fit...

But like always....i do not find it anymore...

Every good Reselller of KingSong should be able to help you out with some new pedals!

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies. I now move my feet a lot during the longer rides, and I can confirm this improves the comfort.

Also I'll try the KS16 pedals (with little modification).

3 hours ago, cedrique said:

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies. I now move my feet a lot during the longer rides, and I can confirm this improves the comfort.

Also I'll try the KS16 pedals (with little modification).

good idea!

they are not perfect...but a lot better, bigger, antislippery......

Archived