KS16 impression coming from solowheel

David S

2 hours ago, Polpus said:

so where to buy a 16'' inner tube with perpendicular to tube valve ? I saw Eroue France takes 50 Euros of shipment charges for shipping out FRANCE ??????

I am sure it was just a misprint, and you meant parallel to tube or in the same plane. Perpendicular is no good. In any case Jason will have the correct one.

47 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I am sure it was just a misprint, and you meant parallel to tube or in the same plane. Perpendicular is no good. In any case Jason will have the correct one.

Yeah Cloud Parallel I meant, thanks. This morning I came at work with KS16 trying to carry a trolley weighting 13 kgs.. not so easy for it has small wheels and taking care of 3 wheels moving in 2 directions is not that easy so I ended up a bit confused to answer correctly LoL !!!

@HEC yes whish my trip was so easy and flat ;) During my travel I have to cross roads , climb stares and , worst case , a piece of my street is out-of-the-road (on big stones , the one you can find at the side of railroad , so in that case I have to take the trolley in my arms and sweat not to face plant :) )

On 7/21/2016 at 0:02 AM, Cloud said:

No, guys, dont get this one, need to be careful. See which way the valve is curved? Perpendicular to the tube. This is no good, it will catch onto the wheel. You need one with the valve that is curved in the plane of the tube! I made the same mistake and bought a few tubes like this and had to thrown them out 

At least on the Firewheel, the wheel well is wide enough that having the valve stem curving out actually helps to attach the pump. Notice it doesn't stick out beyond the width of the tube in the picture, and it doesn't stick out beyond my 16x2.125 tire when it is mounted. You may be right with smaller tires like 16x2.0 though, it's possible they do stick out there. 

4 hours ago, dmethvin said:

At least on the Firewheel, the wheel well is wide enough that having the valve stem curving out actually helps to attach the pump. Notice it doesn't stick out beyond the width of the tube in the picture, and it doesn't stick out beyond my 16x2.125 tire when it is mounted. You may be right with smaller tires like 16x2.0 though, it's possible they do stick out there. 

On ks14, the valves sticking out are no good, they hit the inside of the casing. 16" may be mire forgiving.  The valves are not gonna be perfectly paraller or perpendicular, there is always some kind of angle. And depending on that angle it may or may not work. You never know what the exact angle is gonna be until you buy. Yes its easier to attach the pump to the valve sticking out. But i had to dump 3 perfectly new tubes because that angle was such that the valve hit the casing. It may or may not work, but to be on the safe side better to get the one where the valve is more parallel.

Archived