KS14C overheating

Reivax

I can no longer go to work with my KS14C without at least stopping once because of overheating (nicely handled, with a smooth but firm tilt back and beeps).

I ride in Paris and suburbs, nothing really spectacular about the streets, a few slopes up and down, 12km.

It used to be all right when the weather was really cool, but now that it's around 25°C, no way.

I never experienced this issue last summer with my Gotway MCM2.

I've had several friends have similar issues with KS16, and KS18, even as bad as frying the mother board or melting a fuse.

KS arrived in France last fall, so there was no overheating issues then.

They overestimate the performances of their wheels !! Like the KS16B being sold for a max load of 150Kg !! what a joke !

I've seen 3 people breaking pedals !

They really need to think again, with warm days approaching.

4 hours ago, Reivax said:

I can no longer go to work with my KS14C without at least stopping once because of overheating (nicely handled, with a smooth but firm tilt back and beeps).

I ride in Paris and suburbs, nothing really spectacular about the streets, a few slopes up and down, 12km.

It used to be all right when the weather was really cool, but now that it's around 25°C, no way.

I never experienced this issue last summer with my Gotway MCM2.

I've had several friends have similar issues with KS16, and KS18, even as bad as frying the mother board or melting a fuse.

KS arrived in France last fall, so there was no overheating issues then.

They overestimate the performances of their wheels !! Like the KS16B being sold for a max load of 150Kg !! what a joke !

I've seen 3 people breaking pedals !

They really need to think again, with warm days approaching.

What was their weight and did they make jumps? Any pictures?

That's why we will see some kind of strength test in PLEV standard.

6 hours ago, Reivax said:

You know how it happened that the motherboards fried? Going back and forth, strong (emergency) braking or just normal driving with high ambient temperatures?

On 25/06/2016 at 2:48 PM, dmethvin said:

@Reivax what is your weight? That makes a big difference as well.

A big difference against what ? When I ride my MCM2s I'm not any lighter :)

It's true I'm heavy, about 110kg, but these wheels are sold for max load 120 (KS14) and 150 (KS16).

Both give a lot of overheating alarms. You can't expect people only riding on flat roads... To the point someone actually made holes in the case to insure proper cooling...

On 25/06/2016 at 5:08 PM, Chriull said:

You know how it happened that the motherboards fried? Going back and forth, strong (emergency) braking or just normal driving with high ambient temperatures?

Definitely not going back and forth. As to "normal driving", it's a heavy rider, going uphill near where he lives; I mean actual roads, and nothing as bad as San  Francisco for instance :)

On 25/06/2016 at 2:58 PM, OliverH said:

What was their weight and did they make jumps? Any pictures?

The first one did make a jump about 40cm I guess, I think he is about 80kg, and he was testing the first KS16 prototype that made it to France in March. Of course it was a bit edge testing...

KS said they would change the pedals to fix this issue.

But more recently, two guys, heavy set but far from 150kg did break pedals by just going from a pavement to the road, that's a mere few inches jump, many people do that all the time.

I am really wondering about this overheating issues and i (for my side) do not think they are a General Problem of ALL Kingsongs....

I am 100kg without anything on me...so with some normal shoes/clothes and a backpack with Drinks or something my weight more goes to 105kg i think...

i have driven the KS16 in Thailand on an steepy Island called the rock for about 4 weeks in the absolut hottest season and didn't get ONE overheat Problem....The temperature ouside was coolest 29° and hottest 38°....normally always around 34-35° degree there....

And man...this Island has hills!!! btw.: On this Island there is only ONE car type possible: 4x4 driven Pickups like Toyota Hilux

On one night i decided to leave my Motor bike on the main beach and drive the KS 16 over the biggest middle hill of the island to my "home beach"....there were 2 occasions when i have to get off because the wheel was not able to climb 2 of the steepest hill and i have to move it by Hand...and one down which you cant even do by normal Walking....more sliddering...

When i was home in my bungi i was !completly! wet, just from the 2 short Walkings in the heat, but the wheel NEVER had an overheat Problem on this trip....never on this 4 weeks anywhere!

Ok, the fan often has to work ----i see it a lot in the app because formyself i often wondered how this could work.....and because of this checked it very often....

So with this experience ...i can only think that only  "some" of the KS16 types are going for overheat at all....aaand:

And on my KS14 in Germany...in Province "Bergisch land" in english "mountained Land/Province" i also never got an heat Problem....and i am all but not an "carefull" or "slowly" driver.....

So for ME this seams more some Kind of specific Problem with SOME of the KS....don't ask me what specific Problem......but for me there has to be a specific one!

My 2 Cents on this.....

Archived