Hoverboard charging issues

cgp24

When I plug Hoverboard charger in the wall outlet the green light on charger comes on. Then plug charger into hoverboard green light on charger goes blank and the hoverboard won't turn on or charge. Is it the charger or board?? Any suggestions???

I've never seen a charger LED go from green to blank before.  Usually it goes from green to red to green again once charged up.  You could try getting a replacement charger as they are pretty cheap online to try that first.  Or if you have a multi-meter and some electronics skill or can watch a Youtube video, check that the voltage coming out from the charger is about 42 V.

Ew something might be shorted out.  Sometimes there could be a bit of a spark when connecting something that has high voltage to a no voltage connector, but black smoke is not such a good sign.

There are several repair videos on Youtube regarding hoverboards plus you can get repair parts if you're handy.  Maybe check all the wiring as sometimes a wire might be pinched somewhere.  On mine I had a pinched wire where they screwed the casing on.  It still worked, but I taped it up and repositioned it.  Unfortunately they throw these things together as fast as they can so quality control isn't high on the list.

Don't know how legit these guys are but:

http://www.hovershop.com/Hoverboard-Repair-Center_ep_49-1.html

@cgp24 try a new charger like @HunkaHunkaBurningLove said, if that doesn't work you can either look for a repair center near you or just buy a new hoverboard.  They are getting cheaper now and almost cost more to fix than replace.  I almost forgot, my local Segway dealer fixes hoverboards as a side business since the technology is similar.  Try calling a Segway dealer, they work on just about any self balancing vehicle.

Archived