A C M ! ! The beast is fantastic :)

I've been riding my ACM for about 5 days now and have covered 96 miles or so. Due to ongoing medical problems I am actually in quite a lot of pain at the moment due to the amount of riding but the weather is too nice to be stuck in when I have so much freedom thanks to the ACM.

The most I have done before recharging is around 25 miles but it could possibly take a few charge/discharge cycles to get to it's full potential. Today I have covered 14 miles and it is showing 50% battery. Due to the low battery limits I am generally charging it at 20%. I can't stand it beeping at me so haven't got to the point where the tilt-back kicks in.

I have found I am able to control it better when I wear my big sturdy Lowa Combat Goretex boots. They are a fantastic, comfy, sturdy supportive pair of boots that come a little higher up the ankle than most. I find my feet hurt less and I am more confident controlling the ACM. I am able to come out of a corner quicker and accelerate quicker and easier when needed. The hill to my daughters school is easier to get up too with the sturdy boots helping push the pedal with less effort.

Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to ride with my smaller and lighter footwear either that or I might get the smaller version Lowa Mountain Goretex.

My two daughters have loved me getting the ACM because as well as being able to go out on rides with them (on their bikes) as I did with my Ninebot I can now go further and MUCH faster :) The first time I went out with them I was on 40% battery and it started beeping at me so i couldn't show them its true acceleration and speed. Tonight I left them standing hehe

I think it's going to be a slower day tomorrow because, as I said, the battery is 50% and although it might do another 14 miles maybe it going to be slowing me down for most of those and beeping at me if I go to fast. I want to try and run the battery down more then do a full charge again just to train the battery. I want a Charge Doctor V2 going forward as soon as I can suss how to order one.

I've turned my tilt-back speed down to 27kmh (16.7mph). As it is a gradual tilt-back I probably won't notice it properly until 17/18mph maybe higher? but at least it's still in the safe zone for reserve power. I am finding that with how smooth the ACM runs and how easy my boots make it to control that I am averaging 15/16mph so set the tilt there as a good cruise speed. There's not really any need to go faster. Hopefully with this I will get a few more miles maybe.

I am definitely glad I opted for the ACM. With the nice weather now I didn't want to wait for the MSuper V3 but the Ninebot I was riding wasn't keeping up with my demands. The ACM is fantastic and I get lot's of positive comments from people while I am out riding. I'd say more positive than the Ninebot. I think the white colouring made it look futuristic maybe but the big black ACM is a beast and people love it - especially the speed :)

My only niggle is the poor rubber grips on the pedals. I hope an alternative is sorted soon. It's one thing adding grip tape because you want to but another when you have to because of poor materials. I want my pedals sorting properly before I think about adding any extra grip tape - if necessary. I've been told by my local distributer that Gotway are working on new pedals so I can't wait to see what they come up with. 

The only thing I may also hope for is that someone comes up with some kind of bumper system for the ACM that looks cool and protects it's edges from scratches. ;) Going forward I might try and find ways of doing it myself but I am into computers and gadgets/technology and am not very creative with things like this.

ACM.jpg

Wahoo. Thanks for this feedback. I also own an ACM for around 2 months. Same pleasure to ride. Just to warn about needs of protection and stay in green zone of speed. You are right, no use to tackle high speed limit. tTilt back around 30 km/h is fine.

15 hours ago, TremF said:

I want a Charge Doctor V2 going forward as soon as I can suss how to order one.

Just visit http://hobby16.neowp.fr/buy/ - Fred is very helpful - fast communication and instant shipping. In regards of the protection - the best is the neoprene "cap" / tube which you'll slide over the whole body. Some retailers use those when letting customers to try wheel or train them. You'd either need to get a large neoprene sheet and (have it) saw together or get tube of the right diameter. Can also use some old neoprene top and cut of the sleeves ;)

Tx for sharing your experiences.

You look like a sturdy fellow (90-100kg?) so i think you are very wise to maintain a good safety zone. 

Enjoy ! :) 

7 hours ago, HEC said:

Just visit http://hobby16.neowp.fr/buy/ - Fred is very helpful - fast communication and instant shipping. In regards of the protection - the best is the neoprene "cap" / tube which you'll slide over the whole body. Some retailers use those when letting customers to try wheel or train them. You'd either need to get a large neoprene sheet and (have it) saw together or get tube of the right diameter. Can also use some old neoprene top and cut of the sleeves ;)

Cheers for the link. - I've ordered 1 from him using the transfer money option and added a little extra for a "beer" as he says :) I have emailed him my details and what I want. I can't wait to receive it then I'll be using his site to suss out how to use it hehe. Fred has responded and he is sending me one with dual input so I can fast charge my ACM :)

I'm not sure about sticking a neoprene cap on but might look into it. I was rather hoping someone would design some rubber bumpers that could be stuck on with double sided tape :) I might look into that myself too.

5 hours ago, johrhoj said:

Tx for sharing your experiences.

You look like a sturdy fellow (90-100kg?) so i think you are very wise to maintain a good safety zone. 

Enjoy ! :) 

90kg (possibly a little less. Going to the gym hasn't helped as I haven't lost any fat but I've gained muscle.

Definitely enjoying :)

1 hour ago, Linnea Lin Gotway said:

Same posture to take picture. I remind it is the same picture which is on your profile, but they are not the same one. You may change your profile picture now.;)

I tried to set it as my profile picture but can't fit both myself and the ACM :( If I can't get both in then I prefer the current with my gloves :) 

Archived