Charger fail!? Gotway - MCM4

Hey Community,

today i wanted to charge my MCM4. I plugged in the charger and he instantly lit up green not red. strange...

I turned power on and off several times and measured the voltage on the plug.

There are only 54V ... not the needed 67,2

Is there a solution how this could be fixed or do i need a complete new charger?

thanks

If you measured 54V on the batterypack than you have some dead batteries, probably the Battery Management System to blame. There's a video on Facebook EUC Group on how to swap BMS on the battery pack on a MCM4.

If you measured 54V on the charger than try opening it and setting the potmeter manual to 67V. If it is already, then you need a new charger.

omfg i found the mistake.

Really bad soldering from china. I ordered Y-connectors for a second battery pack.

Measurement on the pins of the charger-plug: 67V, inside the mcm on the charger plug: 67V, inside mcm after the Y-connector: 54V

After that i measured the resistance of the Y-connector and on both sides 27Ohm.

Now i refreshed every solder point and it works well :)

Anyways Thank @Michael David de Gans

I've bought some cheap power adapters from China for some LED lighting, and I don't know what metal they used for the stranded wires in the power cable as they looked like brown hair and didn't take tinning from a soldering iron at all.  I couldn't even twist the strands together on one end as they would spring apart like fibres.  I'm surprised they actually conducted electricity!

I think they must try to find the cheapest way to produce products at certain price points and cut every corner they can think of.  You wouldn't think a basic wire is expensive, but I guess they try to shave every penny off production costs.

Also it's not surprising to see wires that break easily as I've also seen wiring insulation feel soft and crumbly.  You can pinch this stuff with fingernails to strip ends away so easily.  It's scary to see this quality of wiring out there, but I think it's just the mindset of money saving trumps quality/safety unfortunately.  For EUCs I'd rather pay a few bucks more for quality basic components any day.

Archived