Orlando Terrorist Shooting

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/

I hear 50 died and 53 were injured.  It's just so awful it reminds me of the Paris attacks and Belgium bombing.  I feel so sorry for the victims and families affected.  What does it accomplish in the end?  All I can see is it creating more anger and hatred in the big picture.  I can't make any sense of it...

2 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/

I hear 50 died and 53 were injured.  It's just so awful it reminds me of the Paris attacks and Belgium bombing.  I feel so sorry for the victims and families affected.  What does it accomplish in the end?  All I can see is it creating more anger and hatred in the big picture.  I can't make any sense of it...

Unfortunately, religion makes people do things.  Rest in peace.

Nothing will change as long as the Saudi regime is allowed to continue supporting their wahabist cult. They use it to keep their dictatorship in power and attack other countries. They have a vast network of mosques and religious schools around the world so there's little chance of catching the individuals. China and Russia have had some success by dismantling their networks but the US and Europe still treat them like a religious institution rather than a Saudi political and military asset. Saudi Arabia already gave Hillary Clinton millions of dollars, if she wins US policy will likely regress back to how it was under the GWB admin.

3 hours ago, lizardmech said:

Nothing will change as long as the Saudi regime is allowed to continue supporting their wahabist cult. They use it to keep their dictatorship in power and attack other countries. They have a vast network of mosques and religious schools around the world so there's little chance of catching the individuals. China and Russia have had some success by dismantling their networks but the US and Europe still treat them like a religious institution rather than a Saudi political and military asset. Saudi Arabia already gave Hillary Clinton millions of dollars, if she wins US policy will likely regress back to how it was under the GWB admin.

As much as I'd like to continue this debate, mixing both politics and religion in a public forum is a guarantee for trouble.  Yeah yeah I know I sort of started it.  Anyways, my thoughts go out to the friends and family of those murdered as well as the surviving victims.

So Tragic! Loved ones are still lying in the building 17 hours later. Now comes the politics. One side blames guns while the other blames the Obama administration for not calling the act what it is 'Radical Islamic Terrorism'. If the administration refuses to identify the route cause of these horrific acts then unfortunately these terrorist attacks will continue in greater magnitude. The terrorist was interviewed 3 times by the FBI but because of our government security forces are now forced to tow the line and be 'politically correct' they could no longer continue  their investigation. Even the terrorist's  coworkers were extremely upset by his hateful rhetoric and reported him to their boss but he refused to intervene so one coworker quit. The public needs to be the eyes and ears for the police as they cannot protect every public venue or establishment. See something, say something! It is not overreacting if you have the possibility of saving lives! There needs to be a national government hot line where the public can call and report suspicious activity. The number needs to be broadcast daily on the news so it becomes second nature. Yes there will need to be increased manpower to cover the influx of calls but with increased terrorist threats we need increased public awareness and a method that is easy to report suspicious activity. The hotline  should be as easy as 911 but slightly different so it stands of in people's minds. Hollywood should become involved and produce 30 second public service announcements that are both informative and to the point that we are at war with radical Islam and here is how to report suspicious activity. Sorry for my political views. This is just so upsetting!

Archived