Battery Takes Forever to Cahrge

dbfrese

I've had my Ninebot One E+ since January, and have only 180 miles on it, so it has not been through that many charge/discharge cycles. My battery, however, seems to be taking a very long time to charge. Yesterday it was discharged to 41%, but took ten hours to get charged up to just 90%. I unplugged it at that time because I didn't want to leave it plugged in overnight. When I got up this morning, I plugged in the charger again and it charged completely within a half hour. 

The charger blinks green for almost the entire time, with only a few percentage points progress. Then it turns orange and charges much faster from that point.

Question: What's going on? What needs replacement?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, dbfrese said:

I've had my Ninebot One E+ since January, and have only 180 miles on it, so it has not been through that many charge/discharge cycles. My battery, however, seems to be taking a very long time to charge. Yesterday it was discharged to 41%, but took ten hours to get charged up to just 90%. I unplugged it at that time because I didn't want to leave it plugged in overnight. When I got up this morning, I plugged in the charger again and it charged completely within a half hour. 

The charger blinks green for almost the entire time, with only a few percentage points progress. Then it turns orange and charges much faster from that point.

Question: What's going on? What needs replacement?

Thanks!

Please measure the voltage across the ninebots charge wires ( across the charge port contacts). Ask another ninebot owner to measure the voltage to compare results.   ( i am sure @SlowMo could measure his to help you out :) Note that this voltage can potentially change depending on the % of battery charged. Also measure the voltage of the charger's contacts when the charger is on.  This is either the battery management system or the charger. Maybe you can borrow someone else's charger for ninebot or buy another one to test. If changing the charger doesnt work - Sometimes if the euc's charge wire voltage is higher than supposed to be, the charger may " think" that the battery is full when its actually not and cycle on and off. I have seen this happen. If another ninebot owner's reading is drastically different from yours, this may be the problem. Dont know how to fix this condition though. I am sure the battery experts on this forum will chime in and help. ( yes @esaj this is you :) )

The  charger seems like it is not putting out enough voltage to charge the battery. I used a multimeter to measure the voltage coming from the charger and it was a measly 0.019 volts. I assume I need much more potential than that to charge the battery! ;)

I have contacted My source, NinebotUS. It should still be covered under the warranty, I assume.

14 hours ago, dbfrese said:

The  charger seems like it is not putting out enough voltage to charge the battery. I used a multimeter to measure the voltage coming from the charger and it was a measly 0.019 volts. I assume I need much more potential than that to charge the battery! ;)

I have contacted My source, NinebotUS. It should still be covered under the warranty, I assume.

Sounds like a dead/malfunctioning charger, the voltage coming out of the charger (without it being connected to the batteries) should be around 15 * 4.2V = 63V for Ninebots.

Archived