TG-T3 Motherboard replacement

mufaso

I purchased a TG-T3 used and after a few months It stopped turning on. I've come to find that the power switch failed and a few of the flat resistors on the motherboard burned out. I've searched the internet looking for a TG-T3 motherboard and have contacted many venders who sell EU parts to no avail.

The closest I've come to finding a replacement for my purple TG-T3 motherboard is a yellow Solowheel motherboard I purchased from Alibaba.com. After installing it, all it wants to do when its turn on is go in one direction as fast as it can until it errors out. I've tried jumping the pins to do a balance reset but that didn't work. Its as if it doesn't know that its on the ground or balanced.

Any thoughts? Was it just silly of me to blindly put in another mother board? Does anyone know where I could get a TG-T3 motherboard or how to get this Solowheel motherboard to work with my TG-T3 hardware?

Maybe it's meant to be installed in another position? Have you tried rotating the board? Other thing that crossed my mind was wrong order of the motor-phases, but if the motor runs "cleanly" (no judder), that's not probably it...

Have you tried @1RadWerkstatt? They seem to carry a lot of spare parts for the wheel, not sure on TG's though...

I've read that motors seem to be specifically matched to motherboards.  The fine calculations that are able to balance you likely depend on the motor specifications matching what the firmware is expecting.  I don't think you can just go swapping a Solowheel motherboard into a KingSong wheel or vice versa unless the electric motors are designed exactly the same.  I have seen some people buying Microworks control boards to try to get them to work, but I think you have to use a matching Microworks motor?

Here's a link to someone who was able to mod his TG wheel and make a custom shell for it (quite amazing).

https://github.com/EGG-electric-unicycle/documentation/wiki/Generic-Electric-Unicycle-upgrade-modding

As already mentioned above - board needs to be fitted in the correct "3D" orientation / position (and even then usually requires fine tune calibration) and needs to be matched and usually again calibrated with specific piece of motor (even of the same model / make / type). This is similar to calibration needed for FCs (flight controllers) and (ESCs) in RC models.

Archived