Begode X-Way: 168V 20" 3000wh trail wheel

Ronin

looks like - lifting of ET Max. Same specification and visual look. 
Generally... good move, bit better and more refined version of their top wheel. 

First riding on this wheel - here:
https://www.facebook.com/reel/518321644145065

IMO - instead of version 134v/2400wh Begode should think about competition for sherman-L, with bigger battery. 

Edited by Greg X

1 hour ago, Greg X said:

looks like - lifting of ET Max. Same specification and visual look. 
Generally... good move, bit better and more refined version of their top wheel. 

First riding on this wheel - here:
https://www.facebook.com/reel/518321644145065

IMO - instead of version 134v/2400wh Begode should think about competition for sherman-L, with bigger battery. 

I'm sorry but I totaly disagree. The wheels are now way to heavy. A light option is the path forward. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sholphin02 said:

I'm sorry but I totaly disagree. The wheels are now way to heavy. A light option is the path forward. 

There are light wheels. Go buy them if you want to see them continuously worked on.

S16 Pro
T4 Pro
V11y
The new inmotion wheel can't remember it's name.
Mten 5
Falcon

There are smaller wheels. What seems to happen is that they come out and people of the "we need small wheels" crowd completely ignore them.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PourUC said:

There are light wheels. Go buy them if you want to see them continuously worked on.

S16 Pro
T4 Pro
V11y
Mten 5
Falcon

There are smaller wheels. What seems to happen is that they come out and people of the "we need small wheels" crowd completely ignore them.

Yeah....I wont buy those and maybe for a reason. The specs and build quality are quite low on these proposals.

And there is nothing yet in the big wheel / light weight department. So I am glad to see the orientation Begode is taking with the Blitz and XWay.

If you want a tank (more than 40Kg) you have plenty of choice right now.....Not so in the sub 37kg.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sholphin02 said:

Yeah....I wont buy those and maybe for a reason. The specs and build quality are quite low on these proposals.

And there is nothing yet in the big wheel / light weight department. So I am glad to see the orientation Begode is taking with the Blitz and XWay.

If you want a tank (more than 40Kg) you have plenty of choice right now.....Not so in the sub 37kg.

Begode Blitz is 36kg.

If you want X-Way specs with Falcon weight you need to adjust your expectations to something more realistic, they are already saving weight with new material choices.

Just now, Rawnei said:

Begode Blitz is 36kg.

If you want X-Way specs with Falcon weight you need to adjust your expectations to something more realistic, they are already saving weight with new material choices.

Sure thing. A smaller battery is acceptable for my use case. This is the easiest weight gain possible and exactly what begode does with the XWay. The reason why I am very happy and can't wait to have the listing price.

Just now, Sholphin02 said:

Sure thing. A smaller battery is acceptable for my use case. This is the easiest weight gain possible and exactly what begode does with the XWay. The reason why I am very happy and can't wait to have the listing price.

If you want smaller battery then 3000Wh it won't be 168V, if you want smaller battery than 2400Wh it won't be 134V, that's just physics, amount of battery cells, battery cells have weight.

Blitz already fullfills your requirement of sub 37kg that you specified.

If you want even smaller it won't be on the same performance level as these wheels no matter what.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MacGyverCanada said:

If you slap a fat knobby tire onto a Blitz d'ya think it would be approaching that 37.5kg mark?

No idea.

Another modern sub 37kg wheel: King Song S22 Pro.

3 hours ago, PourUC said:

S16 Pro
T4 Pro
V11y
Mten 5
Falcon

It obviously depends on the rider's perception and size. Also, the larger wheels of the past two years have distorted the scale and shifted the boundaries between small-medium-large.

For me, the S16/Pro and Falcon are medium-sized due to weight and bulk, as are the T4 and V11 series. The mTen models are the only small wheels on your list.

Old(er) wheels like Ninebot S/A1-2, Inmotion V5, and Gotway MCM5 series were considered small-medium due to their smaller tire diameter, shell, and weight. 

The Inmotion V8, Ninebot E+, Kingsong KS-16, and other lightweight 16" wheels were mid-sized wheels when they were released, but are borderline small wheels by today's standards.

I would classify the S22 and Blitz as medium-large nowadays, with 90+lb EUCs being large. I am unsure how to designate/classify the heaviest wheels above 110lbs.

Edited by litewave
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

but has 1000w more motor power (likely resulting in worse range)

Nah, more likely it will result in better range.  Electric motors achieve their best efficiency at just a fraction of their rated power, and a bigger motor will be operating at a lower percentage of its rated power for the same power demand  than a smaller motor. Plus bigger motors can have thicker motor wires with less resistance. Some of that will be eaten up by the greater weight, but the bigger motor will most likey give you better range. Of course the very best range would be achieved by one of those beer can sized motors that e-skaters use in connection with a belt drive with an inbuilt reduction ratio, or an internal motor with planetary gearing. What electric motors are best at is spinning at crazy speed under a light load, pretty much the exact opposite of what our hub motors are asked to do.

• Like 1

This is a highly interesting wheel to me. I have been eyeing the Sherman L but honestly the 3.600mAH battery of my EX20 offers way more reserves than I can ever use, what should I do with a 4.000mAh battery? And over seven kilograms less would be very welcome whenever I have to lift my wheel into and out of trains on my long range tours, with some trains having a floor that is three feet or more above the platform, and very narrow and steep stairs to boot.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rawnei said:

if you want smaller battery than 2400Wh it won't be 134V, that's just physics, amount of battery cells,

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Yes but so far it's a rumor and not a real product, time will tell.

But it is possible to do, either way.

So, it's not physics. And we are already using high discharge, high capacity cells like the Samsung 50S cells already.

Whether there is a market for such a wheel is another question. 

Now that new models of smaller and lighter wheels have come to market, are there really that big a demand for them? Are they selling that well?

27 minutes ago, techyiam said:

If the rumor leaked by @WheelGoodTime happens to turn out to be true, then there maybe a smaller battery wheel with 210 V, using high discharge, high capacity cells.

50 x 4.2 = 210 V

50 x 3.7 V x 5 Ah x 2P = 1850 Wh

There are lots of hurdles to overcome before potential rumor of a 210V wheel is a finished product.

Let's try to keep this thread about the X-Way.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

There are lots of hurdles to overcome before potential rumor of a 210V wheel is a finished product.

Let's try to keep this thread about the X-Way.

Wait a minute.

You were the guy who steered the topic of discussion away from X-Way when a person brought up the notion of weight reduction via battery capacity reduction. And this is why he likes the X-Way because the X-Way does exact that by offering a 134V and a 168V option. But you went off on a tangent with that.

Edited by techyiam

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

But it is possible to do, either way.

So, it's not physics. And we are already using high discharge, high capacity cells like the Samsung 50S cells already.

Whether there is a market for such a wheel is another question. 

Now that new models of smaller and lighter wheels have come to market, are there really that big a demand for them? Are they selling that well?

Not really, the discussion was about smaller wheels which also doesn't make sense for this topic.

I appreciate the effort of keeping this entire forum more or less on topic, keep it up! 

Back on topic I wonder if all the parts for the body are Mg alloy, or if the front handles are potentially made of a lesser material like in on blitz? That would remove quite a bit of my positive feelings around this wheel. My monitor is terrible and old so I can't tell what material the handles are made of. 

There seems to be at least 2 different positions the pedals can be installed in, potentially a 3rd one lower down.

Also I like the all black, matte, stock pads for this one. They seem more foamy than firm.

I just like the lack of LGBT lights and lack of colors, I also appreciate the all-black, matte finish of the X-way wheel, which gives it a sleek and road-legal appearance.

Regarding the charge port, I'm pleased to see that it's located on the side of the front handle, making it easier to manage the wheel during rides.

One feature that stands out to me is the built-in seat, which is essential for a 40kg+ wheel like this one. Gotway deserves credit for incorporating this feature, as it significantly enhances the user experience.

I've noticed that since the release of this wheel I've undergone a mental shift when it comes to how I think about EUC. 

Since I don't care for small/,medium, sub 2400Wh EUCs, I've been looking for either the next Jack of all trades or a high quality long range wheel.

The release of the Sherman L made me forget all about 3600Wh+ alternatives and the X-way has rendered all the Lynx wanna-be competitors obsolete. But it has not rendered the Lynx obsolete even if it IS a Lynx killer specwise, for the one reason that you can still buy Lynx replacement parts in 4-5 years. 

So these two wheels are the only relevant ones to me on the market right now, specwise, with the Lynx holding on to relevance only because of being able to replace parts in the future, and its proven track record with quality and longevity, where the X-way could still have problems in the eventual V4 of that wheel.

Edited by xiiijojjo

15 hours ago, techyiam said:

I think there are people with different schools of thought here.

One would think this would deter people from wanting Begode wheels. 

However, as I have found out, there people who would gladly buy Begode wheels time and time again. And these folks could be experienced, skilled riders with a technical background. 

well, usually people with some technical background are the main folks that are getting begode, because they can easily fix all the main issues with the wheel and go ride

• Like 1

On 10/2/2024 at 3:44 PM, Voltangle said:

well, usually people with some technical background are the main folks that are getting begode, because they can easily fix all the main issues with the wheel and go ride

Probably true. But these folks are making purchases informed, but would still buy Begode wheels willingly.

The positives still outweigh the negatives for them, it seems.

However, I met a few who don't even consider the negatives as negatives.

Edited by techyiam

2 hours ago, Voltangle said:

I've owned multiple brands. I do all my own maintenance. 

I buy begode because they're easy to fix and easy to mod plus their firmware is still far superior to everything else at this stage.

1 hour ago, Skampster said:

haven’t undone one screw with 4 Leaperkims, totaling 11500km but my falcon has stripped hex screws and threads……..

If you're not using the right hex key you'll strip any bolt. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MacGyverCanada said:

If you slap a fat knobby tire onto a Blitz d'ya think it would be approaching that 37.5kg mark?

Don't forget the seat.

So basically choice HT or HS but some testers say the Blitz has enough torque to lay rubber on takeoff so not sure if riding experience will be much different.

May just come down to looks in the end for many.

24 minutes ago, Eyss said:

I've owned multiple brands. I do all my own maintenance. 

I buy begode because they're easy to fix and easy to mod plus their firmware is still far superior to everything else at this stage.

If you're not using the right hex key you'll strip any bolt. 

See what I mean. 

People have different schools of thought.

3 hours ago, Skampster said:

I haven’t undone one screw with 4 Leaperkims, totaling 11500km but my falcon has stripped hex screws and threads…….. 

youre just like my old lady

you trade in your ride when the tires get bald

• Haha 1