Begode X-Way: 168V 20" 3000wh trail wheel

Ronin

36 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Performance don't come from thin air, more performance = higher voltage = more battery cells = more weight.

1800Wh = 100V.

Yes, thats a fact, a 100v wheel, like the Sherman S, its a performance wheel, more than capable of 60-70kmh, put a lighter motor and chassis, and 50s batteries on it, with a lighter suspension, it would be very interesting with current tech and weight reductions on currently used materials. But im sorry for partially derailing the topic.

Like McGyverCanada said, im the meantime these wheels (Xway and Blitz) are in the reducing weight direction and thats why i got interested on this topic, specially when they even went down in voltage with the 134v models, shows interest on balancing resources into reducing weight, still with excellent performance and safety.

10 minutes ago, Manoloco said:

Yes, thats a fact, a 100v wheel, like the Sherman S, its a performance wheel, more than capable of 60-70kmh, put a lighter motor and chassis, and 50s batteries on it, with a lighter suspension, it would be very interesting with current tech and weight reductions on currently used materials. But im sorry for partially derailing the topic.

Like McGyverCanada said, im the meantime these wheels (Xway and Blitz) are in the reducing weight direction and thats why i got interested on this topic, specially when they even went down in voltage with the 134v models, shows interest on balancing resources into reducing weight, still with excellent performance and safety.

Sherman S has high performance because they allow a high current draw and it's partially made possible by having 8P battery configuration (= weight).

There is a big performance difference between X-Way 134V and 168V but it comes at the price of added weight.

18 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Sherman S has high performance because they allow a high current draw and it's partially made possible by having 8P battery configuration (= weight).

There is a big performance difference between X-Way 134V and 168V but it comes at the price of added weight.

I dont disagree, its all in line with what i said, 100v works good on lighter wheels, for speeds up to 60-70kmh, the Sherman S can do more than that, easily, a lighter config could be used and still get good performance.

Or maybe use 210v like the post from Eyss you quoted.

Edited by Manoloco

On 10/7/2024 at 9:21 PM, WheelGoodTime said:

So far, all we have is this impression from someone comparing it to the Blitz he rode.  Looks like he doesn't like how it feels compared to the Blitz. Not sure why exactly.

• Upvote 1

It's a bit confusing as to what to think of the X-Way, at its current stage of being brought to market. Demo wheels have sent out to a number of dealers to sample.

The underwhelming motor performance of the X-Way from one dealer's first impression is puzzling. However, the metric for the comparison is Kevin's own expectation of what a 168V wheel should be able to do.

I hope future testers would compare the X-Way directly with the Lynx, Extreme, Blitz, or S22 Pro+ etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

It's a bit confusing as to what to think of the X-Way, at its current stage of being brought to market. Demo wheels have sent out to a number of dealers to sample.

The underwhelming motor performance of the X-Way from one dealer's first impression is puzzling. However, the metric for the comparison is Kevin's own expectation of what a 168V wheel should be able to do.

I hope future testers would compare the X-Way directly with the Lynx, Extreme, Blitz, or S22 Pro+ etc.

It is odd and annoying that people go ad nauseum about feel and specs with no comparison to other similar wheels in the big categories of response, stability, acceleration, suspension, and braking.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, noonewantstobepeterchris said:

HELL YEAH, BEGODE'S STUPID MARKETING IS BACK BABY!

hahaha :roflmao:   imagine an absolute beginner who has just got a taste for EUC coming to see this.  It looks easy, but it's not at all.  And that they are waterproof, yes, yes, but I don't want to think about how the suspension looks 14 days after that trip in salt water, if the trip doesn't end with a very thorough cleaning...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, noonewantstobepeterchris said:

HELL YEAH, BEGODE'S STUPID MARKETING IS BACK BABY!

Reminds me of the original Ninebot Z10 video, but it was @Marty Backe who was the first to ride his on the beach. I tried riding mine on compacted, smooth sand at low tide but it sank. Must be the Paciic beaches that work. :P

Edited by litewave