Begode X-Way: 168V 20" 3000wh trail wheel

Ronin

Anyone had a chance to try out the X-Way's suspension yet?

Looking at Alienrides' unboxing video of the X-Way, the shock is mounted completely different than any other Begode suspension wheel before it.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WheelGoodTime said:

A few marketing photos released just now!

Very nice promotional material. Thanks for sharing. 

I presume the X-Way is available to all dealers, and not exclusive to any particular dealer.

Whereas, the Blitz was. But as it is turning out, it doesn't feel like the other dealers have necessarily lbeen eft out in the cold after all, especially in light of the fact that we are at the tail end of the season anyway.

What is puzzling is that, although the release dates for both the Blitz and X-Way were not that far apart, it looks to be that the Blitz missed out on some of the goodies available to the X-Way; for example, the all new suspension linkage design.

Edited by techyiam

29 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Very nice promotional material. Thanks for sharing. 

I presume the X-Way is available to all dealers, and not exclusive to any particular dealer.

Whereas, the Blitz was. But as it is turning out, it doesn't feel like the other dealers have necessarily lbeen eft out in the cold after all, especially in light of the fact that we are at the tail end of the season anyway.

What is puzzling is that, although the release dates for both the Blitz and X-Way were not that far apart, it looks to be that the Blitz missed out on some of the goodies available to the X-Way; for example, the all new suspension linkage design.

You are correct, this wheel is not dealer-exclusive. It also seems that the X way has some other notable upgrades over the blitz, such as adjustable pedal height and that wonderful foam seat/trolley handle. I suspect the top speed will be similar to the blitz as well, because although it has a c38 motor (vs Blitz's c32 HS motor), it packs in 500 more watts than the blitz. It'll be more expensive than the blitz for both versions most likely, even the 134v version, because of the extra bells and whistles on it.

• Upvote 1

Can someone summarize where of the wheel  has been upgraded? As I knew, the motor of Blitz used C32 motor, and the motor of X way used C38 motor. The photo as follow is the comparison of Blitz and X way.IMG_2837.thumb.webp.e653beb3175f85c2085c219aad049b70.webp

Edited by YCC
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, YCC said:

Can someone summarize where of the wheel  has been upgraded? As I knew, the motor of Blitz used C32 motor, and the motor of X way used C38 motor. The photo as follow is the comparison of Blitz and X way.IMG_2837.thumb.webp.e653beb3175f85c2085c219aad049b70.webp

it's not an upgrade, it's the same design with some differences:

main thing is that the motor is torque oriented, wider and thicker magnets, but it's slower than ET-max and Blitz
2nd one is the suspension
3rd pedal height is adjustable

btw in the picture above the shock on x-way is clearly not inflated

Edited by EMA
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, EMA said:

it's not an upgrade, it's the same design with some differences:

main thing is that the motor is torque oriented it's slower than ET-max and Blitz.
2nd one is the suspension
3rd pedal height is adjustable

btw in the picture above the shock on x-way is clearly not inflated

I disagree. The X Way has the same freespin speed as the blitz, and has the same (or better) riding top speed as the blitz, due to its higher voltage and higher motor wattage rating. Kevin Graehl @ Alien Rides posted a video while riding it where it gave beeps at 48 mph in off-road mode (add a few mph to that for race mode). And I have reason to believe (although *not* yet confirmed) that the X Way reflects your speed accurately without inflating the speed. It might be a little slower than the ET Max in terms of top speed because it doesn't have a tile motor, but the lighter weight will likely give it similar acceleration characteristics to the blitz.

Also, the X-Way has a coil shock, so it can't be compressed easily unless they did some weird deceptive tricks to compress it just for the photo. 😊

Edited by WheelGoodTime

21 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

I disagree. The X Way has the same freespin speed as the blitz, and has the same (or better) riding top speed as the blitz, due to its higher voltage and higher motor wattage rating. Kevin Graehl @ Alien Rides posted a video while riding it where it gave beeps at 48 mph in off-road mode (add a few mph to that for race mode). And I have reason to believe (although *not* yet confirmed) that the X Way reflects your speed accurately without inflating the speed. It might be a little slower than the ET Max in terms of top speed because it doesn't have a tile motor, but the lighter weight will likely give it similar acceleration characteristics to the blitz.

Also, the X-Way has a coil shock, so it can't be compressed easily unless they did some weird deceptive tricks to compress it just for the photo. 😊

there's nothing to disagree here, check yourself the numbers on spec sheets and you'll find all the infos ;)

offroad/race mode free spin kmh :

168v ET max   150 / 180
168v X-Way    123 / 160
134v Blitz        122 / 150
134v X-Way     96 / 113

Edited by EMA
  • Upvote 1

The only design flaw I can spot is the typical Gotway trolley handle problem, similar to on the Msuper/RS lineup, only with those wheels the trolley handle broke because it would fully eject when crashing. For the X-way I'm concerned that even if the trolley handle doesn't eject upon crashing that it could get damaged or destroyed because of how the handle sticks out to the rear. 

So I can already recommend that you buy some extra trolley handles when you order, because they'll likely be unavailable in 2 years or so, maybe earlier. 

18 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

And I have reason to believe (although *not* yet confirmed) that the X Way reflects your speed accurately without inflating the speed.

No begode has accurately reported speed before, but yeah this one somehow will. 

18 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Do you not read what you post? The marketing brochure says the suspension is adjustable 100-130mm of travel 

4 minutes ago, EMA said:

race mode free spin kmh :
ET max  180
Blitz        150
X-Way    112

Amped show the xway going to 173 on their video. Marketing propaganda says 150. 

I hate to go off topic here but I believe that free-spin speed is a matter of programming, not the motor actually reaching it's upper limit, but I could be wrong.

5 minutes ago, Eyss said:

Amped show the xway going to 173 on their video. Marketing propaganda says 150. 

i've edited all the value, at least what they advertised, maybe 173 is race mode + FW

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, EMA said:

23 minutes ago, EMA said:

there's nothing to disagree here, check yourself the numbers on spec sheets and you'll find all the infos ;)

offroad/race mode free spin kmh :

168v ET max   150 / 180
168v X-Way    123 / 160
134v Blitz        122 / 150
134v X-Way     96 / 113

According to this, performance wise, the exway is not really the wheel that decommissions etmax or blitz. It's just a new iteration of a wheel that does the same thing. "repackaged wheel" 

Edited by Ronin
  • Upvote 2

It's a higher torque wheel, just as it was hinted, 134V variant is similar to Blitz but with more torque and less speed, 168V variant has similar speed, more torque and more battery but completely different weightclass more similar to ET Max.

People who was interested in the Blitz wasn't interested in the ET Max and it was already known a high torque variant was coming so where does the saltyness come from?

Basically you can now choose between high torque and high speed in 2 different weightclasses.

• Upvote 2

Just curious, how big is the market in Europe for wheels having ET Max type top speeds? 

Why would the majority of European riders be disappointed with X-Way's top speeds?

Edited by techyiam

1 hour ago, EMA said:

i've edited all the value, at least what they advertised, maybe 173 is race mode + FW

You're right if we are comparing apple to apples - in this case the 134v blitz and the 134v x way. I was comparing the 168v x way to the 134v blitz, which might not be a fair comparison. Either way, I believe the 168v x way will compete with the blitz due to their similar sizes and range expectations. Either way, as another person pointed out already, free spin speed is software limited. They could crank that up even further if they wanted to arbitrarily, what really matters is the top riding speed.

1 hour ago, Eyss said:

No begode has accurately reported speed before, but yeah this one somehow will. 

Do you not read what you post? The marketing brochure says the suspension is adjustable 100-130mm of travel 

1. There is a currently unreleased ET Max firmware that 100% accurately reflects speed to GPS speed. For that reason, I have reason to believe that the X way may also follow suit.

2. He said "not inflated" which is different from being compressed to the 100mm setting.

Edited by WheelGoodTime
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Just curious, how big is the market in Europe for wheels having ET Max type top speeds? 

Why would the majority of European riders be disappointed with X-Way's top speeds?

I like to imagine that most people (at least not speed demons) choose to ride on bike paths, or sidewalks.. In my country for one riding on street with cars is banned.

I never saw EUC place on streets anyways. And why would anyone wanna ride on streets, when you got empty sidewalks. :D 

Speed wise most new "big" wheels are fast enough.. As speed limit is ~50kph in city anyways. So you would want 60-70kph speed wheel, just in case of needing to overtake, etc..

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Funky said:

Speed wise most new "big" wheels are fast enough.. As speed limit is ~50kph in city anyways. So you would want 60-70kph speed wheel, just in case of needing to overtake, etc..

I don't live in the US. And due to local enforcement policies, 60-70 km/h is also plenty fast for me.

It seems to me, around here, even the 80-90 km/h speeds are plenty fast for the fast crowd?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, techyiam said:

It seems to me, around here, even the 80-90 km/h speeds are plenty fast for the fast crowd?

That's highway speeds... Do i need to say anything more? Let's make wheels go max 100km/h and no more.. Anything in 3 digits are stupid on 1 wheel device. I don't care who you are and what you say otherwise - you are moron. If you wanna go even faster. :D 

And no - i will not apologize for calling you a moron. :) 

Edited by Funky

13 minutes ago, Funky said:

That's highway speeds... Do i need to say anything more? Let's make wheels go max 100km/h and no more.. Anything in 3 digits are stupid on 1 wheel device. I don't care who you are and what you say otherwise - you are moron. If you wanna go even faster. :D 

Well, if there is no demand for higher speeds wheels, then the low volume sales would become a self-correcting mechanism for the manufacturers. 

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

It's a higher torque wheel, just as it was hinted, 134V variant is similar to Blitz but with more torque and less speed, 168V variant has similar speed, more torque and more battery but completely different weightclass more similar to ET Max.

People who was interested in the Blitz wasn't interested in the ET Max and it was already known a high torque variant was coming so where does the saltyness come from?

Basically you can now choose between high torque and high speed in 2 different weightclasses.

Consequently, choose the X way of 134v for high toque and choose the Blitz for high speed. Am I correct ?