Ronin

35 minutes ago, NOSFET Electric Dreams said:

Off an initial look at the product it may seem like the mudguard has imperfections however there's many thing we considered during this design:

1. Avoid mud getting stuck and breaking the mudguard - on some products (i wont name them) when mud got stuck it would push against the mudguard and break off. 
2. Tail Autotomy - this means that when coming in impact instead of it breaking an elongated piece it would reduce the damage and can be clipped back on.
3. Short - we wanted to keep the design short and minimal to reduce the mudguard hitting the tire when going through uneven terrain

4. Weight - reduce the weight and keep the overall EUC light

Lastly, we will be the first company who will openly share parts of the EUC 3D design to allow die hard users (like yourselves) to design a mudguard and front bumper. Perhaps integrating a Gopro mount into bumper and rear mudguard, or having a place to slot your powerbanks etc. Time to get brainstorming what you may want from your APEX! 

Yes but, if the mudguard will not stop dirt and water from spraying up on the rider it's essentially useless.

I understand the design goals that you listed but the design contradicts the function of this specific part.

Also with this design I find it hard to imagine how to solve it with a simple 3D printed addon since there is so much open space, one would have to replace the mudguard entirely further strengthening my point above.

Edited by Rawnei

This new company NOSFET and wheel looks and sounds amazing.
I will judge it when I get to see a unit in the wild and the community members get there dirty calipers all over it.
I really hope NOSFET take the lead, and implement a spec sheet that is accurate to the actual data of the wheel.
even if they are not the 'top' or 'highest' value specs. real specs speak honesty integrity and trust. I am very upset with the whole EUC manufactures of inflated spec deceptions.
I believe would really set NOSFET apart from other manufactures.
Some specifications I would like to see in no particular order.

• Battery Cell count / Manufacture / Brand.
  • Inner Rim measurements
  • Tyre space allowance
  • Linkage Ratios
  • 'factual - actual' useable suspension travel distance
  • Motor / Controller efficiency wh/km etc.
  • Wheel speed that is also 'user configurable/correctable' 
  • Breakdown of parts and weights.
  • User accessible riding .log files for diagnostics.
  • Deep grooved rim for tool,less tyre changes like the v14/groove.

I'm sure the whole community have 100s of ideas and not everything can be implemented but I hope the rest of the community can somewhat agree with me.

Edited by Julianjc84
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Julianjc84 said:

This new company NOSFET and wheel looks and sounds amazing.
I will judge it when I get to see a unit in the wild and the community members get there dirty calipers all over it.
I really hope NOSFET take the lead, and implement a spec sheet that is accurate to the actual data of the wheel.
even if they are not the 'top' or 'highest' value specs. real specs speak honesty integrity and trust. I am very upset with the whole EUC manufactures of inflated spec deceptions.
I believe would really set NOSFET apart from other manufactures.
Some specifications I would like to see in no particular order.

• Battery Cell count / Manufacture / Brand.
  • Inner Rim measurements
  • Tyre space allowance
  • Linkage Ratios
  • 'factual - actual' useable suspension travel distance
  • Motor / Controller efficiency wh/km etc.
  • Wheel speed that is also 'user configurable/correctable' 
  • Breakdown of parts and weights.

I'm sure the whole community have 100s of ideas and not everything can be implemented but I hope the rest of the community can somewhat agree with me.

I completely agree.  How is it that neither the manufacturers nor someone from our own community doesn't have a dynamometer? I'm shocked we (our community) don't have access to a test-track to rigidly compare EUC under simi-laboratory conditions.  IMO the closest we have to consistency/continuity testing is Marty and Roger in that they consistently do Fullerton and Mt. Baldy (I'm grateful).  We lack objective semi-laboratory testing.  I wish I had access to the EUCs and the tools, I'd do it myself.  Thank you Julianjc84.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Julianjc84 said:

The worst one that all manufacturers do is voltage, stating peak voltage instead of nominal voltage like every other PEV in existence.

67.2v wheels are actually 60v

84v wheels are actually 72v

100.8v wheels are actually 88.8v

126v wheels are actually 108v

134.4v wheels are actually 115v

Etc. etc.

Edited by Frolic0415

1 hour ago, Frolic0415 said:

The worst one that all manufacturers do is voltage, stating peak voltage instead of nominal voltage like every other PEV in existence.

67.2v wheels are actually 60v

84v wheels are actually 72v

100.8v wheels are actually 88.8v

126v wheels are actually 108v

134.4v wheels are actually 115v

Etc. etc.

This used to bother me too, but it is nice to get used to referring to the full charge voltage since we care about that when charging.  Simply listing nominal voltage in parenthesis on the spec sheet would be fine with me.  We really only need to think about nominal voltage when calculating capacity and that isn't a daily occurrence.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

Do we know the weight of this wheel yet? 

I hate to blow anyone's buzz, but if this is not lighter than the X-way's 41.5kg, it will probably have a huge negative impact on sales, unless it stands out some other way.

For me anyway, a little bit less weight isn't going to trump everything else. 

A good example of this was the Patton, which proved to be a nice riding wheel, and performed great.

Having a Leaper Kim motor drive system and a possible class leading suspension linkage design are both things I see as positive for the Apex.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

For me anyway, a little bit less weight isn't going to trump everything else. 

A good example of this was the Patton, which proved to be a nice riding wheel, and performed great.

Having a Leaper Kim motor drive system and a possible class leading suspension linkage design are both things I see as positive for the Apex.

sounds like a perfect combo

LK quality + KS linkage

all i wanted in an offroad beast ngl

• Like 2

On 10/1/2024 at 8:53 PM, NOSFET Electric Dreams said:

first company

I understand the appeal of the shell aesthetics and functionality, but I feel like rim and tire innovations have been lacking among the current iteration of wheels. If say, you folks are the first company to use solely high load/speed tubeless tires, marketed with high quality valves - preferably well-spaced in the spokes and compatible with future tpms systems like pidzoom)  that would be much more appealing given the current events of tube blowouts

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 10/2/2024 at 1:53 AM, NOSFET Electric Dreams said:

Time to get brainstorming what you may want from your APEX! 

Someone could implement cruise control.

A rider reaches a speed, and can then relax a little, and not have to keep pushing, but the breaking works as usual, maybe customizable to a certain degree of tiltback.

So if they were going 40mph, and slowed to 30, it would stay at 30, or whatever the top speed was before breaking again.

IDK. Still drinking my coffee, and cruise control has been in the back of my mind for awhile. How to do it safely, or if it's even useful?

Edited by o u euc 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

Do we know the weight of this wheel yet? 

I hate to blow anyone's buzz, but if this is not lighter than the X-way's 41.5kg, it will probably have a huge negative impact on sales, unless it stands out some other way.

It is supposed to have ~150mm suspension travel so it will stand out in any way. 

11 minutes ago, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

It is supposed to have ~150mm suspension travel so it will stand out in any way. 

AFAIK they have not revealed any such details.

On 10/3/2024 at 9:36 PM, o u euc 2 said:

Someone could implement cruise control.

Bad idea, the beauty of EUC’s is how they interact with your movements, you don’t want to disrupt that in any way shape or form. 

45 minutes ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

Guys come on, cruise control obviously isn’t possible if you know anything about how e-wheels work.

True cruise control no, but you might be able to do something like a negative pushback that leans you forward if you get too slow (and leans you back if you get too fast).

Dangerous as hell and probably massively uncomfortable to ride, but I imagine it would be effective.

9 minutes ago, Parker Noodles said:

True cruise control no, but you might be able to do something like a negative pushback that leans you forward if you get too slow (and leans you back if you get too fast).

Dangerous as hell and probably massively uncomfortable to ride, but I imagine it would be effective.

Dangerous as hell is right. On a car when you touch the breaks the cruise control disengages.

Imagine if you try to lean back to slow down because you suddenly need to break and the pedals just starts tilting forward...

Edited by Poker
  • Like 1