Ronin

2 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

Its clearly promoted as track and trail , so im quite full of hope that the weight/Power ratio is their top priority 

Yeah, but what's stopping anyone making a 150lbs track wheel. :D 

I wish we would have more 20-30kg weight wheels. Where we get amazing power/speed, but instead of big battery we get something smaller - to make whole wheel smaller/slicker and save some weight.

RS19 comes to mind every time i think about power/weight. It still had a 18" wheel and was under 30kg weight. And top speed was 65kph - amazing.

We could get something very similar down to 25kg easily by now. Small 2P battery setup around 1000Wh.

Also one could argue that on track we don't need suspension. More instant 1 to 1 input from rider and from wheel ordeal.. U-Stride made pretty great video about this very thing i'm talking about.

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WheelGoodTime said:

this wheel sounds amazing, from what's known so far...

By the sound of the rumored info that you have shared in your video, it does seem quite fortuitous that someone managed to form a company in which it can source a motor drive system from a class leading wheel manufacturer, and poach the suspension designer who is known for his class leading suspension designs, to create a wheel that potentially can immediately be best in class. 

The thing with linkage suspension designs, is the difficulty in being able to come up with a cost effective and smooth operating slider that is not too maintenance intensive. Roller sliders potentially is a top choice if the designer can somehow make it not too maintenance intensive.

Using fork-style telescoping wet lubricated stanchion sliders (in order to achieve low stiction) won't  be cost effective, and would weigh more.

In addition, the roller sliders in the S22 has two broadly-spaced-apart tracks per side, and thus makes the chassis stiffer. One of the traits that makes the S22 standout is that it has no tendency to wobble. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

By the sound of the rumored info that you have shared in your video, it does seem quite fortuitous that someone managed to get a class leading wheel manufacturer and a suspension designer known for his class leading suspension designs, to come together to create a wheel that potentially can immediately be best in class. 

I agree! As long as it doesn't have those issue-prone suspension rollers seen on the S22, I think the Apex will be an instant best-seller.

Edited by WheelGoodTime

32 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

I agree! As long as it doesn't have those issue-prone suspension rollers, I think the Apex will be an instant best-seller.

For me anyway, Nosfet's first wheel could be my next wheel if its revealing of design and features continues to impress.

I like my S22 and S16 Pro for my use case of getting around town. It's like riding a small displacement motorcycle when riding at 50'ish km speeds on bumpy roads. And wobbles are never a problem. Even though these wheels are on the lighter side, with the right tire, they can be very stable at higher speeds. 

I like the premium, refined and super smooth riding characteristics of the Lynx. Also, the more powerful motor drive system in the Lynx appeals to me. Moreover, I think the range is good on the Lynx for its battery capacity. But, I am not too keen on its wobble tendencies.

Since I am a rider on the lighter side, I find that I can make do with about 100mm suspension travel for urban commuting. This would give me a plush ride. So for heavier riders, and especially for those who jump and drop, and offroad, then the 150 mm travel can come in handy. 

If the Apex One can somehow combine the best of both worlds of these two wheels, then this wheel potentially can be a best in class wheel.

On 9/17/2024 at 6:55 AM, slippyfeet said:

Best scenario would be a pre-smartBMS KingSong firmware engineer with access to better hardware

Got pretty close with this initial thought of mine.
I’m intrigued to see what kind of suspension setup this is having been tested for years at this point and being given a green light to be revealed now.

Hopefully we get to the see the prototypes and test wheel wear and tear alongside a production ready unit.

• Upvote 1

Love more competition. I just hope they have an ace up their sleeve because if they launch anything in the realm of say the Lynx, ET Max, or Blitz they're DOA since that sector is so crowded. Very interested to see what they have. As a side note I hope they have something to offer for the lower-mid end of EUCs. A more refined T4 around that price point would be nice. Or some "Sherman Mini" esque wheel. With their aim obviously being on/off road and with their current brand/design language I can imagine this wheel won't be cheap or slow. As their first wheel I'm sure they'll want to make waves in some way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

Interesting. Apex One can't be a Lynx killer since Leaper Kim would make sure of that. 

The plot thickens. 

Since certain parts are being outsourced by LK, that means that every EUC Nosfet sells, LK makes a profit as well. Makes sense to me anyway.

Also, is it confirmed that it will be 151v and 2700wh, or is that an educated guess based on the fact that certain parts are LK-supplied?

Edited by WheelGoodTime

The aspect that I hope the new company fixes over all the other EUC companies is quality control. 

Please ensure every bolt has been double checked and signed off.  Include a torque ratings for the bolts. Also use high vibration orange thread locker to differentiate yourself. 

Seems like an Lynx with S22 Suspension Design....good if we get a hybrid of this 2 Best in Class parts of the Wheel , but i still hope there is more going on ...since it shouldnt be one more Allrounder , so a smaller Batterie and noticable less weight would be great for the intended usecase.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Frolic0415 said:

Screenshot_20240923-185629_Instagram.png

Should really make those into replaceable spikes, 4mm thread and the customer can change it to anything they like.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Also, is it confirmed that it will be 151v and 2700wh, or is that an educated guess based on the fact that certain parts are LK-supplied?

Oh, that is still speculation? 

Doesn't matter anyways. It's highly unlikely that Leaper Kim will sell a more advanced motor drive system than what is in their current models to Nosfet.com, and I don't see how Nosfet.com would be happy with Patton's 126 V motor drive system. The Apex One is a track and offroad wheel, so most likely it is 4P wheel. 

1 hour ago, Frolic0415 said:

This image is worth a thousand words.

It looks to be using centrally located telescoping sliders.

I hope they have the knowhow to make these type of sliders slide with low stiction under load, and yet have a wheel that has good chassis rigidity. 

At the end of the day, the proof will be in the pudding.

Edited by techyiam

1 hour ago, Frolic0415 said:

Hi Frolic0415.  I'm a new, inexperienced, but an interested spectator in all-things EUC.  I don't do any social media.  In Nosfet's case, I see pictures like these posted, then I  go to the Nosfet site expecting to see these (and more) but get nothing.  Can you share where do these pictures come from?  Are they on platforms like IG, FB???  People share these things but I'm just confused where do they get them from?  Thanks. ~maverick 

35 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

Why do EUC manufacturers keep using screws in the vertical shear plane?

Pedal attachments, motor bolts, battery pack attachments have all had failures due to this simple design mistake.

Right. They should use nails instead. :efef2e0fff:

Axles, pedal rods, and carry handles are in the horizontal plane. I think they bend or break more often.

What would you do differently?

Edited by litewave

51 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Hi Frolic0415.  I'm a new, inexperienced, but an interested spectator in all-things EUC.  I don't do any social media.  In Nosfet's case, I see pictures like these posted, then I  go to the Nosfet site expecting to see these (and more) but get nothing.  Can you share where do these pictures come from?  Are they on platforms like IG, FB???  People share these things but I'm just confused where do they get them from?  Thanks. ~maverick 

https://www.instagram.com/p/DAQPH7ixcKv/?igsh=bTZxbG1mY3FwMmdi

49 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

Why do EUC manufacturers keep using screws in the vertical shear plane?

Pedal attachments, motor bolts, battery pack attachments have all had failures due to this simple design mistake.

With 8 beefy bolts spread out over a large area to spread the stress I don't feel it's a problem.

13 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Ah, so it appears Nosfet is dribbling out information on IG versus its own website.  Okay, that helps.  Since I don't do social media, I'll just depend on you wonderful people re-sharing on the Forum, Telegram, etc.  Thank you. ~maverick 

• Like 2