Ronin

No Launch.

Just a very short teaser. 

The top screen is reminiscent of Leaper Kim's wheels. 

Hopefully the sliders are more "pro grade" than what's on the V14.

The rear suspension linkage looked stout and unique. The top linkage attachment points are on top and is surprisingly close to the center of the wheel. 

You need to turn up your screen brightness to see more details. 

Screenshot_20241009-082409_YouTube.jpg

Edited by techyiam

The Apex is sounding more and more like a Lynx with enhanced features like 150 mm suspension travel.

I wonder why Leaper Kim is so willing to help Nosfet.com when the Apex can potentially steal sales from the Lynx.

On 10/8/2024 at 1:33 AM, slippyfeet said:

As we are on week #3 since the product has first been teased @NOSFET Electric Dreams could you reveal what distributors have received your samples?

The products just arrived at various shipping agents, they will arrive between 4-15+ days dependent upon the delivery method chosen by retailers. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NOSFET Electric Dreams said:

The products just arrived at various shipping agents, they will arrive between 4-15+ days dependent upon the delivery method chosen by retailers. 

Are these units preproduction samples, or are they actual production units?

Edited by techyiam

For me, if the weight comes in similar or less than an S19/S22 that would be awesome.

BUT seeing that tube-type Schrader valve is a bummer. @NOSFET Electric Dreams I hope you have the TNT J-1208 (link here) tire option available for your wheel.
(It's the Shinko 244-like tubeless option that Jason at eWHeels is providing for parts purchase and on upcoming batches of Sherman-Ls)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, slippyfeet said:

For me, if the weight comes in similar or less than an S19/S22 that would be awesome.

BUT seeing that tube-type Schrader valve is a bummer. @NOSFET Electric Dreams I hope you have the TNT J-1208 (link here) tire option available for your wheel.
(It's the Shinko 244-like tubeless option that Jason at eWHeels is providing for parts purchase and on upcoming batches of Sherman-Ls)

We definitely have those wheels as an option for installing with APEX's but we wanted to play it safe by going with KENDA for the initial start and we can adjust based off demand from riders! 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, NOSFET Electric Dreams said:

150mm suspension:
-adjusting the suspension by 100mm of adjustable range allows you to drop into track mode, or find a middle ground. now you dont have to buy two wheels for racing and for offroad. 
-there is no extra weight? but then again i dont know what u are comparing to. 

A track wheel doesn't need suspension.
Save weight, improve frame rigidity, reduce points of failure, reduce maintenance, and create a more predictable riding platform with a lower and more stable centre-of-mass.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

Save weight, improve frame rigidity, reduce points of failure, reduce maintenance, and create a more predictable riding platform with a lower and more stable centre-of-mass.

create a more predictable riding platform with a lower and more stable centre-of-mass.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Weight is crucial for me. I'm 65 kg and already found that I will NEVER have full control on the BG Master. Heavy and more importantly top heavy it creates a constant risk of getting out of control amd all movements are clumsy and subject of major inertia. All with my riding style - going through curbs and everything, often with walking speed when around people and never riding on the street. Already decided to sell it.

Edited by Aztek
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aztek said:

Weight is crucial for me. I'm 65 kg and already found that I will NEVER have full control on the BG Master. Heavy and more importantly top heavy it creates a constant risk of getting out of control amd all movements are clumsy and subject of major inertia. All with my riding style - going through curbs and everything, often with walking speed when around people and never riding on the street. Already decided to sell it.

It will be over 33kg - that's for sure.. Maybe bit litghter than Blitz. (1-3kg?)

Most of these performance wheels will be over 30kg. You can't simply get anything lighter, if you want range and speed.. Market has shows it over and over. To me weight also is very important, but not while i'm riding. I'm 120kg and most of these wheels would be perfect fit for me.  My lifestyle and daily needs won't make any sense for me to get any of these wonderful wheels.

5 minutes ago, Funky said:

want range and speed

I don't want 180 km range and most certainly not 90 km/h speed. I prefer lighter wheel with no more than 50-60 km range and lots of power, not speed. Problem is two years ago, the lighter wheels were a joke.

Edited by Aztek
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Aztek said:

I don't want 180 km range and most certainly not 90 km/h speed. I prefer lighter wheel with no more than 50-60 km range and lots of power, not speed. Problem is two years ago, the lighter wheels were a joke.

Aww you know my heart so well.. :D I also want that badly. For me even 30km range would be enough. Doh i would like to have at least 55-60km/h speed. Yup i'm also waiting when they gonna release a ~25kg wheel with amazing specs. (Or lighter..) It's just that more power = more speed often.. Weak wheel - less power = less speed. Even now lighter wheels are joke.

APEX-01 looks promissing, but it will be almost the same as Bliz, X-way and all other wheels that have came out past 2 years. Nothing wrong with them - they are awesome wheels. It's just same ol same ol, nothing special. They share same specs.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aztek said:

Weight is crucial for me. I'm 65 kg and already found that I will NEVER have full control on the BG Master. Heavy and more importantly top heavy it creates a constant risk of getting out of control amd all movements are clumsy and subject of major inertia

I am 65kg and I think the master and s22 are a great weight for a comfortable ride feel. The s22 weight is much more lower and handles way better than the master

I think more manufacturers should put a focus on weight distribution. From what ElectricDreams says about the balance of the s22 being rear heavy, it seems there is understanding of weight distribution and not just purely trying to make the wheel as light as possible. 

Coming from the EX30, I realize you can have a heavier wheel that still handles nice like a lighter wheel. Id rather have a low center of gravity heavier wheel than a lighter top heavy wheel

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NOSFET Electric Dreams said:

suspension quality you have to try it out its more than i can express in words (you wouldnt believe me anyway)

Number one rule Jack, don’t give attitude. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Nah. A premium wheel like this one just wont sell anymore without suspension in the year of the lord 2024. Far more people will be riding this thing offroad than on an asphalt race track. But dayum, 150mm of travel, the pedal height will be something to behold. This thing looks taller than the ET MAX.  Whats the battery capacity and the width? Not that it will be any issue for me personally - riding EUCs has finally answered my question why god has made me so bow-legged from birth :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, mhpr262 said:

Nah. A premium wheel like this one just wont sell anymore without suspension in the year of the lord 2024. Far more people will be riding this thing offroad than on an asphalt race track. But dayum, 150mm of travel, the pedal height will be something to behold. This thing looks taller than the ET MAX.  Whats the battery capacity and the width? Not that it will be any issue for me personally - riding EUCs has finally answered my question why god has made me so bow-legged from birth :lol:

The tall ET Max had significant braking wobble issues. Let's hope the Apex 01 doesn't exhibit similar characteristics.

• Like 1

So it basically is just like all the other master clones except this one looks partially disassembled. Not sure who came up with the names but where do you go from "apex" if you improve on the design? Also the suspension gearing looks awfully susceptible to dirt and dust as well as not providing a very good place to sit down. I don't think the specs are a big mystery since it's re-used LK parts. It will be interesting to see if it's UL or IP rated though. I was hoping for something new. Maybe I'm missing something.

• Like 1