Did IPS stop making that iconic 16 in first generation wheel?

Planetpapi

44 minutes ago, Planetpapi said:

ips_f400_electric_unicycle_1.jpg  

Is this wheel still being manufactured? I liked the no nonsense simple tech even though I never rode one. Wondering how much a used one cost?

@Jason McNeil still lists it at his UK shop http://www.wheelgo.com/product/new-ips-111-white/ . I don't know if he has it available in the US as well, as I get forbidden if I try to look at his US ewheels.com site.

I did struggle a bit to decide between this and the KingSong 14C. As I use mine a fair bit off road I liked the very open tire as well as it being 16". In the end I plumped for the KS as it was more likely to fit my locker at work (it does - just!) and I liked the idea of the lights which are very handy when I finish work at 9 p.m.

Yeah, we've still got a couple of the IPS 132s & even one or two of the F111s  sitting around in the UK. The 132 is updated version of the F111, with reasonably good battery pack, improved motor & control-board. It was fairly reliable, forum member @Tim Duffett used to ride his daily around 20 miles round trip, apart from one flat tire, I think she's still going... 

2 hours ago, Keith said:

@Jason McNeil still lists it at his UK shop http://www.wheelgo.com/product/new-ips-111-white/ . I don't know if he has it available in the US as well, as I get forbidden if I try to look at his US ewheels.com site.

I did struggle a bit to decide between this and the KingSong 14C. As I use mine a fair bit off road I liked the very open tire as well as it being 16". In the end I plumped for the KS as it was more likely to fit my locker at work (it does - just!) and I liked the idea of the lights which are very handy when I finish work at 9 p.m.

@Keith  Blimey how do you managed to get locked out of a website ?

That's going some or just weird/mad

;-)

I just recently sold my two on to make room for more wheels.

Great machines for daily use, strong climbers as well as being comfortable to ride even without any of the dreaded stick on padding.

20 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

Wondering how much a used one cost?

I'm not sure if this is the IPS 132 or the IPS F400.  I just picked up a used F400 for $250.  However, I'm walking now as I managed to crack one of the pedal brackets.

BTW - If you know where I can get a pedal bracket for the IPS F400, please let me know.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, ConjurMan said:

I'm not sure if this is the IPS 132 or the IPS F400.  I just picked up a used F400 for $250.

Sorry for not responding earlier, I have some but not any in the US at the moment. You may be best off contacting IPS directly at  sophie@iamips.com

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎25‎-‎04‎-‎2016 at 5:44 PM, Planetpapi said:

ips_f400_electric_unicycle_1.jpg  

Is this wheel still being manufactured? I liked the no nonsense simple tech even though I never rode one. Wondering how much a used one cost?

I agree. This is one of the most stylistically successfull wheels. Unfortunately it seems to be speed-limited to just 18 km/h, which appears to be very low with that powerfull a motor.

Just a couple kilometers faster as well as bigger footplates and...

Archived