Smart glasses support in EUC World app - I want your input!

Would you buy ENGO smart glasses if they were supported by EUC World app?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy ENGO smart glasses if they were supported by EUC World app?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

58 minutes ago, Funky said:

I'm rarely using app. So... (Great app - don't get me wrong. I just don't wanna take out phone and connect it for my daily 4km commute.)

But....
If there were a heads-up display, perhaps you'd use it more.
I turn on Darkness bot or EUC world at the start of a ride and generally forget about it unless an alarm is triggered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayzao said:

But....
If there were a heads-up display, perhaps you'd use it more.
I turn on Darkness bot or EUC world at the start of a ride and generally forget about it unless an alarm is triggered.

I mean i have no use of app even. Just while charging to check if battery has reached it's max voltage and everything seems fine.

While ridding i maybe once in 3 months open it. (Or when i got for a "fun" ride. Which i rarely do - as it's not so fun to me..)

Also - you would see me dead first. Before i'm gonna use some glasses to just see riding speed/voltage. :D (I'm not using any glasses.)

Yes seeing speed, etc would be cool. But then again i can tell by wind noise, or how fast object are going by - how fast i'm going. I'm riding 20-30kph on daily commutes anyways. And it's very noticeable sound change around 35kph. (Have even checked in app - it's like a clock work. Sound change - i'm going over 35kph. And object start moving way to fast.)

Have no need for these nick-knacks. But for people who use these on daily bases - it would be welcomed, as App itself would support these thing automatically. 

Edited by Funky

"Also - you would see me dead first. Before i'm gonna use some glasses to just see riding speed/voltage. :D (I'm not using any glasses.)"

:D:D:D

On 7/24/2024 at 12:04 PM, Triexy said:

U should check out Xreal its working without any troubles on Samsung with dex

The problem with AR glasses from xReal, Rokid, Viture, and the like, is that they all require a cable connection off the end of one ear piece, which means you have to put them on before your helmet. This is nearly impossible to do with a snug full-face. Also, the temples on these AR glasses are fat and would be very uncomfortable to wear with a helmet. Finally, these glasses all have displays which obstruct about half of the lenses. Yes, you can see through them, but they would still degrade and impede the field of view.

image.thumb.png.d4c53cae03b16e980803f4860c650e32.png

Edited by litewave

On 8/14/2024 at 8:27 AM, Blkfri said:

Come on, guys, this topic deserves more attention! :D

I made a little video to try and convey my proof-of-concept work (not publicly available yet) and the overall experience these glasses provide! Keep in mind that the HUD appears larger when you wear the glasses. Filming it like I did gives an idea of how it looks, but it's actually better in reality. :)

https://flavien-c.wistia.com/medias/ms6uzu8eri

Oh MAN, this is amazing! Even with the features you have already, I'd be THRILLED to have that 😄

If you need someone to do some testing for you, I'm your guy 😎

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Z-Rabbit said:

Oh MAN, this is amazing! Even with the features you have already, I'd be THRILLED to have that 😄

If you need someone to do some testing for you, I'm your guy 😎

I'd love to have some testers, but do you already have a Garmin watch? My app only works with those, and I'm not really planning to develop an Android (or iOS) app (wouldn't make any sense, Seba's already doing a great job 😁).

Just added navigation to my smartglasses, and it's working surprisingly well. Might make a video about it soon.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2024 at 11:59 AM, Cerbera said:

...the ultimate thing for me would be a rear view camera we could see underlaying the information. It does seem more logical in a lot of ways to build that sort of thing into the helmet, but if there was a way to get that into these sort of glasses that would be amazing. 

I'd go further. I do not want any smart thing. I would like a good stable rear view, plus a separate, backpack-mounted laser-beam device that would project my speed and battery level onto something behind me so I could check the info in the rear view.

1 hour ago, Toad said:

I'd go further. I do not want any smart thing. I would like a good stable rear view, plus a separate, backpack-mounted laser-beam device that would project my speed and battery level onto something behind me so I could check the info in the rear view.

Sounds like a good use case and excuse to wear a splendid cape

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Blkfri said:

I'd love to have some testers, but do you already have a Garmin watch? My app only works with those, and I'm not really planning to develop an Android (or iOS) app (wouldn't make any sense, Seba's already doing a great job 😁).

Just added navigation to my smartglasses, and it's working surprisingly well. Might make a video about it soon.

I don't have a Garmin watch, but I could look into it 🤔 I couldn't program anything to save my life, but I'd gladly buy a pair of glasses if I had those functions available.

9 hours ago, Toad said:

Not happening.

Laser projects onto a distant surface are not visible in the daylight on tarmac unless you have a very bright light.

You make a solution sound simple by saying you don't want smart anything. But you do. You want a smart laser display lol.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PourUC said:

Not happening.

Laser projects onto a distant surface are not visible in the daylight on tarmac unless you have a very bright light.

You make a solution sound simple by saying you don't want smart anything. But you do. You want a smart laser display lol.

What's smart about lasers??? It's simple light on ground. :D 

8 hours ago, Funky said:

What's smart about lasers??? It's simple light on ground.

Indeed. And even then, why in back? Why not just in front so you can simply look forward and watch it, lol.

Hey there! Here's a quick video of my Garmin smartwatch navigation implementation (and the quality of the video, I was looking at the road most of the time, not at my phone 😅).

It's an additional view so I can now switch between live data, stats, and navigation views. Sorry about the brightness fluctuations - my finger was blocking the ambient light sensor.

I think I'm done with this proof of concept, but let me know if you have any other questions or ideas 😁.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Are there any smart glasses for which one can order prescription lenses?  Sadly, I need to wear my prescription glasses while riding so these particular smart glasses wouldn't work for me.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Carey said:

Are there any smart glasses for which one can order prescription lenses?  Sadly, I need to wear my prescription glasses while riding so these particular smart glasses wouldn't work for me.

Sadly I don't know any. I started wearing contact lenses again during my rides because of the Engo development/testing. I believe they will eventually find a way to incorporate a clip-in corrective lenses system. I'll ask ActiveView about that, but it's probably not as simple as it seems.

Edited by Blkfri

On 7/24/2024 at 5:05 AM, Seba said:

For a long time, you have been asking me about the possibility of using smart glasses with the EUC World app. Certainly, it would be a great way to clearly convey key information to the rider - speed, safety margin, battery level, but also warnings and alerts. Key, constantly updated information always in the rider's field of vision would be something! Unfortunately, so far all smart glasses have had limitations that somehow made them impractical, did not offer integration capabilities, or were simply too expensive. @Blkfri brought my attention to ENGO glasses, which for various reasons look promising and could be the first smart glasses to be supported by the EUC World app. However, I need to get your opinion first to decide whether to allocate my time to add such functionality to the app. Therefore, I invite you to read the product information and then participate in the survey. This is very important to me, so I count on your help. You can find more information about these glasses on the manufacturer's website - https://engoeyewear.com/.

black-large-5.jpg?v=1715069335939

black-large-1.jpg?v=1715069265117

black-large-2.jpg?v=1715069294562

Eye protection is the only gear I wear, these would be absolutely perfect for me -- I'm constantly wrestling with my watch and/or phone to see my current speed and remaining battery %.

Edited by winterwheel
typos