IPS F400 ISSUE - Need Help

ConjurMan

I picked up an IPS F400 here on the forum and I have some questions.  I'm hoping that someone out there can provide some guidance.

When I turn on the wheel, I get a green light that shows in the middle of the start button.  On the IPS F400 there is only the start button and the charging port.  How do you determine what the current battery level is for this wheel?  If anyone knows, I'd appreciate some guidance so I can tell when the wheel needs a charge.  I don't want the charge to get too low, and alternatively, I don't want to charge the wheel too often.

I know that there is no app for this wheel, but does anyone know if it has speed beeps or tiltback?  If so, at what speeds?  Any guidance would be appreciated.

33 minutes ago, ConjurMan said:

Thanks @OliverH!  Very helpful and I hope that this holds true for the IPS F400.

This comes from the IPS111 instruction manual:

3.The meaning of indicate light

3.1--When the green light is normally on or flash:

1. When the green light is normally on: the battery power is more than 67%;

2. When the green light flash(about once per second): the battery power is between 33% and 67%;

3. When the flashing frequency is higher(about 5 times per second): the current power is less than 33%.

3.2--When the indicate light is red: It indicates that the battery power is very low and immediate charge is necessary.

3.3--When the red light is flashing:

1. It shows that the IPS vehicle is in danger, you should stop immediately and turn off the power;

2.If the problem is not solved with fully charged battery, please send the vehicle for maintenance.

Thanks @SlowMo!  It sounds like the battery indicators are consistent across the IPS brand.  I appreciate knowing the percentages, especially with the green flashing, as it sounds like I need to charge when green flashing at 5 x sec. 

50 minutes ago, ConjurMan said:

Thanks @SlowMo!  It sounds like the battery indicators are consistent across the IPS brand.  I appreciate knowing the percentages, especially with the green flashing, as it sounds like I need to charge when green flashing at 5 x sec. 

Better charge it when the green light is blinking once per second to be safe.

2 hours ago, ConjurMan said:

I know that there is no app for this wheel, but does anyone know if it has speed beeps or tiltback?  If so, at what speeds?  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.  Anyone have any feedback on how IPS deals with speed warnings (if any) or if their wheels have tiltback?

Okay, now I really have a real problem with my wheel.

Today I was riding my wheel, but hit something and had to 'run off'.  When I picked up the wheel, I powered it off and then back on, thinking 'no biggie.'  However, when I got back on, the wheel wasn't responding right.  I took a closer look at the wheel and saw that the wheel is now rubbing against the casing at the top on one side.  As I looked even closer, I can see that the wheel is not longer 'true' and the top of the wheel is no longer equidistant from the casing.  The wheel has a distinct tilt to one side and I can no longer ride it.

Anyone know someone near coastal Virginia that can repair an IPS F400 with what appears to be a bent hub?  I guess I'm hoofing it until I can get this repaired.

I saw the One E + and that is a good price, but I just bought this IPS (used) only a couple of weeks ago.

In looking further at my wheel, I doubt that it is the axle.  More likely it is the frame that is bent as this is sheet metal while the axle is forged steel.

Yes, it has been a real bummer.  :(

I'm going to try.  However, if the metal frame is cracked, I'm not sure that I will be able to repair.  I may have to find a machine shop.

What really pisses me off is that I was getting the hang of riding.  Can't afford to buy another wheel right now, so I'm really hoping that I can fix or repair it..

Well, it's official, no cruising until I can find a replacement for my cracked IPS F400 right pedal shank.

Anyone know where I might be able to purchase a replacement?  I tried to upload a picture, but am getting an error.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Archived