Leaperkim Sherman L 151V 4000wh 20" 102lbs

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

For pavement riding, how are you liking the TNT tire on your Sherman-L over the Shinko 244 tire on your Lynx, from the stability viewpoint at 35+ mph speeds?

I’ll be putting a ton of miles on the SL in just a few days & I’ll have a definitive answer for you. I can tell you that so far, before I even had 2 miles on the odometer, I had it out on the main road and up to 45mph  without even realizing it as I’m so used to the hum of the knobby giving speed awareness. That surprised me but not in a bad way, it was seemingly effortless & buttery smooth. 
The TNT does add more effort/pressure into pulling turns at speed. This is just a preliminary opinion as I don’t have the time on the wheel with various tire PSI adjustments. I’m currently running the Lynx & SL matched at 28psi. With that being said, I also noticed that the street tire would tend to follow grooves and cracks in the road that are inline with the direction of travel more so than the knobby, not so much “follow” but I can feel the slight tendency for it wanting to. Once again with the disclaimer that I’m running the same PSI and I haven’t had enough time yet to experiment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

How do you like the new Beidou pads?  Did you take the toe block off the L?

They’re pretty good so far! Time will tell!

Yes, I took the stock toe blocks off to make way for the BD pads.

The BD heal/toe pad is interesting… It’s thick and fills the void around your ankle. It’s also split adjustable for width between the two which I need to widen on mine about 1/8”-1/4”.

1 hour ago, Standard4130 said:

I took the stock toe blocks off to make way for the BD pads.

Also took them off. Any recommendations for the bolts with small round heads to cover the holes to prevent dirt getting inside the threads?

8 minutes ago, JetSerge said:

Also took them off. Any recommendations for the bolts with small round heads to cover the holes to prevent dirt getting inside the threads?

Yes, either buy shorter cap screws or cut/grind the originals shorter & reinstall.

8 hours ago, Standard4130 said:

IMG_5766.jpeg

Where did you that figure on the front??

17 hours ago, Skampster said:

@Marty Backe hey mate, does the Sherman you received that had the rattle have this rubber part under the handle, I’m hoping that Leaperkim did this to solve the issue. 

My handle has no rubber on the handle

9 hours ago, Standard4130 said:

Amazon, Search for “Handlebar Ornament”

awesome! really appreciate it!

• Upvote 1

So my friends Sherman L dips when breaking and takes a few seconds to go back to level. He has 0% acceleration assist. Should we recalibrate or is there a break assist that we don’t know about that we can adjust? Thanks

8 hours ago, Edboogie said:

So my friends Sherman L dips when breaking and takes a few seconds to go back to level. He has 0% acceleration assist. Should we recalibrate or is there a break assist that we don’t know about that we can adjust? Thanks

If pedals are set to hardest (100%) then give recalibration a go

8 hours ago, Edboogie said:

What % riding mode does he have? Has he ridden a LeaperKim wheel before and familiar with LeaperKim behaviour? Doesn't hurt to try re-calibration.

Apparently mines still 3 weeks away, oh the horror. But it’s all good, I’ve got the Ironman e-rides pedals waiting, PIDZOOM 60 horn, PIDZOOM Tire pressure monitor, ordered a new set of Grizzla flows yesterday so I don’t have to steal my others from my ShermanS (I going to keep it, I love the S) and I’m waiting for Grizzla to finnish the pre-cut Velcro for the L and then they’ll send it with the Jump pads I ordered earlier. So yes, three weeks more is fine by me. 

Edited by Skampster
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has finally arrived in Australia and hopefully will be home next week, just in time as Grizzla have finally got their pre-cut Velcro ready to ship. Nicko time…………

• Like 3

I'm trying to decide between the Sherman L and the Lynx. I primarily commute, but also occasionally do trails and races. I'm 160 lbs. 

Lynx or Sherman better for my use-case?

• Like 1