MCM4 Brake Lights

8 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

MCM4 has a brakes light???

Yes, the first light mode is 7 or 8 LEDs in the front upper section to indicate battery visible while riding. The back bottom has several LEDs, from what I can tell a low red that gets brighter when you stop. But nobody really shown it well enough...

I actually just re-watched this video, and he give a good description... They are green then turn red.

I'd still like to see it in action...

Been agonizing over what to buy next... So been watching and reading a lot about anything new/upcoming.

I love my Ninebot One E+ but I need more range, more then double. I get 10-12 out of my E+, but do 20-25 miles a day on avg.

I also don't want to go to much higher in weight as I live in NYC and portability/compactness is VERY important. E+ is 31.5lbs. This knocks the ACM out right away at 44lbs, just way too heavy.

So I'm left between the MCM4 & KS16 which is a bit heavy at 37lbs.

4 minutes ago, Pasi said:

I think in back mine are yellow/orange and when brake they turn red. Must check tomorrow, now I am not in driving condition?

A video would be appreciated

How do you like your MCM? Have you ridden any other brands/models enough to comment comparatively?

I have one generic euc too. And I am still a beginner with these. I have tried Ninebot one e+ once. I like this MCM4 much and everyday now I can ride it more (winter just finished here) I feel it comes better. Only thing I dont like is the small gap between shell and tire. So I am sure I can not give You any good comment. My story is in Finally.....

25 minutes ago, StreetMeatNYC said:

I also don't want to go to much higher in weight as I live in NYC and portability/compactness is VERY important.

Then you should go for 14" models - GW MCM, KS14 have in the upper range battery capacity. Going into 16" you will have unavoidable more weight.

12 minutes ago, DS said:

Then you should go for 14" models - GW MCM, KS14 have in the upper range battery capacity. Going into 16" you will have unavoidable more weight.

Yeah, I have a 16 now, and I'm ok with the size, I manage, I just dont want to go bigger/heavier. The KS16 has so many great features though, which may make the extra 7lbs worth it, and i just use my Ninebot when I know I'll need slightly more compact/lighter.

But I'm thinking you are right, the MCM4 is where I am leaning right now. My biggest issue is that it doesn't self stand like the Ninebot does. I cant always lean it against peoples fancy wall paper/paint.

Im basically at the point where Im trying to make sure th MCM4 isnt a bad decision.

Also keep in mind Im 6ft tall 210 with my gear.

5 minutes ago, StreetMeatNYC said:

The KS16 has so many great features though, which may make the extra 7lbs worth it,

Currently, this is the wheel I believe that has most combined features...but it's heavy...but has integrated handle :)

MCM4 remains nice aesthetic relatively light and at the same time long range powerful wheel.

@Pasi Has it caused you any issues? Anything get stuck in it? You get any burning rubber smell? Or is it just annoying that its so small? Whats your PSI?

2 minutes ago, DS said:

Currently, this is the wheel I believe that has most combined features...but it's heavy...but has integrated handle :)

MCM4 remains nice aesthetic relatively light and at the same time long range powerful wheel.

I agree, and though I think the handle is Awesome, I commonly can not roll it inside places. I program high end home automation/control systems, I commonly entry really really nice houses. I'm in NYC and those Park Ave building wont have it... So it must be light enough to carry very often.

I guess I just answered my own question.... If size/weight/range are my main concerns, the MCM seems the go to, next step down in weight is IPS Zero, and I dont want that.... S2 wont be enough range and I dont want KS14

@StreetMeatNYC , not any stuck things, but those big gravel make bad noise when they hit the shell. Now they have cleaned the gravel away and today it is no problem with that. And when I ride on normal dirt road it is not that problem at all.

5 minutes ago, Pasi said:

@StreetMeatNYC , not any stuck things, but those big gravel make bad noise when they hit the shell. Now they have cleaned the gravel away and today it is no problem with that. And when I ride on normal dirt road it is not that problem at all.

This is going to be exclusively for urban daily commute travel. I have a Ninebot One E+ and will eventually get an ACM or equivalent "beast" model at the time I'm buying...

Only way to get range on a lightweight EUC is to carry extra, swappable battery packs. 

You could wait and get the Ninebot A1 / Mark II 320wH with extra battery packs to swap in and out, as the battery compartment opens easily. Or you could just get extra battery packs for your E+, mod the battery compartment cushion for easy access (a few of the NYC group guys do this), and get a Ninebot One backpack.

Either way, the the MCM4 still weighs around the same 30lbs as your E+ regardless, and, adjusting for Gotway stat inflation, MCM4 top speed is probably closer to ~30kph, which is not that much faster than E+ top speed of ~15-16mph (albeit MCM4 will have more torque with the 800W motor)

9 minutes ago, StreetMeatNYC said:

@Jug Nice work on the light...

You love your MCM? It's Reliable? You have comparative experience on other wheels?

I love it really, i did not have single problem with it, i did ordered it with smallest battery pack 130W and that is because i made my own battery pack, so you need to go with big batteries at least 520W if you want to go 25 miles a day! I can just compare it with generic euc (that is my first one) so that comparison would not be fair! :P

15 minutes ago, Jug said:

I love it really, i did not have single problem with it, i did ordered it with smallest battery pack 130W and that is because i made my own battery pack, so you need to go with big batteries at least 520W if you want to go 25 miles a day! I can just compare it with generic euc (that is my first one) so that comparison would not be fair! :P

Do you have any way of measuring speed aside from the app? I'd like to know what you get on Avg/comfortable riding, and what you see as max.

4 minutes ago, StreetMeatNYC said:

Do you have any way of measuring speed aside from the app? I'd like to know what you get on Avg/comfortable riding, and what you see as max.

Sorry, i cannot help you in that field, i am more cruiser than speeder and i did not "yet" go over 20kph (measured with gps and bike computer) and i go everyday to work 15km in both directions and i am more than satisfied with that speed! ;) 

3 minutes ago, Jug said:

Sorry, i cannot help you in that field, i am more cruiser than speeder and i did not "yet" go over 20kph (measured with gps and bike computer) and i go everyday to work 15km in both directions and i am more than satisfied with that speed! ;) 

Cheers to the wise men, they will ride farther !

Archived