What would be your ideal EUC?

On 27.06.2024 at 19:31, Funky said:

Около ~20 кг.

Колесо 16/18". (Обод 12/14".)

Менее ~1000 Втч

Максимальная скорость 45 км/ч (или больше..)

Удивительная ручка для переноски по центру со встроенной кнопкой подъема. Ручка для переноски должна быть прочно закреплена в корпусе EUC, чтобы не было ничего болтающегося, что могло бы сломаться со временем. Также хорошая ручка для тележки.

Водонепроницаемость IP67.

New - well forgotten old:

1kj5eno.jpeg

7 hours ago, Elitcons said:

1kj5eno.jpeg

Huh?

Old needs to be the new - new..

Good old days, when WHEELS where small and looked non threatening. No-one gave the stares, when you where riding on slick looking wheel without any gear.

4 hours ago, Funky said:

Huh?

Old needs to be the new - new..

Good old days, when WHEELS where small and looked non threatening. No-one gave the stares, when you where riding on slick looking wheel without any gear.

I’ve got a few wheels. The two that got used the most are the KS S-18 & S-22 Pro.
The most fun wheel is the S-18. It’s very nimble and fun on the trails. The little twisty trails in the Nine Mile Falls area hard to navigate with bigger wheels. It’s taken an absolute beating! It’s thrown itself off rock hillsides and flipped down perfectly good asphalt. Never any trouble. The only two things I’ve changed are the shock to a spring type and my tire to the Pirelli Angel. I got tired of trying to screw with the air shock. I tried three different tires before I landed on the Pirelli. Two knobby tire's and the Angel. What’s really different with the Pirelli is that it has grit in it. The winters in Spokane leave the roads covered in ice and that tire grips. 
I have a home in Austin where I mostly ride the S-22 Pro. It’s fast enough for me (30-35) works the trails nicely, and the trails around the Austin area are wide open. I used the same Pirelli Angel on it too. I’m not doing huge drops or going 45 MPH or on 80 mile rides. So it does everything I want in a wheel. It’s considerably smoother than the S-18 and that probably has a lot to do with the shock. 

• Like 2

Specs

• $3,000 or less
  • 100v+
  • ~45 mph top speed with +5mph extra headroom before cutout
  • ~50 mi range
  • FastAce suspension with 80-100mm travel
  • progressive springs
  • 18" wheel
  • <80lbs
  • Front + Rear handles (like the Lynx)

Safety Features

• BMS
  • IP6+ rating
  • CE and/or UL certification

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For me, I hope a manageable weight: high range cruiser wheel comes out in the entry/mid segment. (50+ real world miler under 30kg.)

I'll take the "outdated" performance specs of the 2020 Sherman with a weight closer to the 18XL. tubeless tire 2.75*14. no suspension. kickstand is a must.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, slippyfeet said:

For me, I hope a manageable weight: high range cruiser wheel comes out in the entry/mid segment. (50+ real world miler under 30kg.)

I'll take the "outdated" performance specs of the 2020 Sherman with a weight closer to the 18XL. tubeless tire 2.75*14. no suspension. kickstand is a must.

Yep this is exactly what I'm gunning for too.  I'd call that a mid-range cruiser though. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 3:25 AM, macgyvercanada said:

Yep this is exactly what I'm gunning for too.  I'd call that a mid-range cruiser though. 

Lo and behold, wrong way’s newest video gives 2 examples that would fall right in line with what we want. “Sherman junior/mini” or updated “msx”

I’m looking forward to what he has plans for with his own spec-d wheel with Begode as I know he’s very specific with features he’s willing to review 

• Like 1

+

On 7/12/2024 at 5:09 PM, slippyfeet said:

Lo and behold, wrong way’s newest video gives 2 examples that would fall right in line with what we want. “Sherman junior/mini” or updated “msx”

I’m looking forward to what he has plans for with his own spec-d wheel with Begode as I know he’s very specific with features he’s willing to review 

"“Sherman junior/mini” or updated “msx”"

Sounds like he's describing the EX.N. or a new variation of it. That might be because i just ordered one, but it sure does sound like he's talking about an EX.N 2 or something.

@Marty Backe  I just watched a Marty video where he laments the open space inside the EX.N, and how that space could have been used to make the wheel 3200wh instead of 2700.

Such a wheel released as an EX.N 2 (EX.N Max?) would still weigh just under 80 pounds, probably.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Esash said:

+

"“Sherman junior/mini” or updated “msx”"

Sounds like he's describing the EX.N. or a new variation of it. That might be because i just ordered one, but it sure does sound like he's talking about an EX.N 2 or something.

@Marty Backe  I just watched a Marty video where he laments the open space inside the EX.N, and how that space could have been used to make the wheel 3200wh instead of 2700.

Such a wheel released as an EX.N 2 (EX.N Max?) would still weigh just under 80 pounds, probably.

Old Sherman was what 90lbs? Now tell me how junior/mini makes sense at around 80lbs.. :facepalm: It needs to be around 70lbs to make more sense. (And i personally would want it around 50lbs.) :D At that weight it could be called mini..

90vs80 - no big difference. (At least in my mind, because anything over 65lbs counts as heavy ass wheel to me.)

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Old Sherman was what 90lbs? Now tell me how junior/mini makes sense at around 80lbs.. :facepalm: It needs to be around 70lbs to make more sense. (And i personally would want it around 50lbs.) :D At that weight it could be called mini..

90vs80 - no big difference. (At least in my mind, because anything over 65lbs counts as heavy ass wheel to me.)

OG Sherman was 77lbs with 3200Wh
Sherman Max was 88lbs with 3600Wh and HT motor

A Sherman Mini (Shermini) with 1800Wh could get down to around 70lbs.
A Sherman Micro (Shermicro) with 900Wh could get down to around 60lbs.

For reference, the 2019 MSX 100V with 1230Wh weighed 47lbs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

The falcon is under 60lbs with a 900wh battery and suspension. Seems like you could get a lighter Sherman micro then you think or more battery……..🤔

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Funky said:

"Now tell me how junior/mini makes sense at around 80lbs.." 

You want me to tell you how making a wheel 13% lighter and some 6% smaller makes it a junior/mini?

Why don't you tell me how going from 90 lbs down to 50 lbs makes it a mini.

Anything more than 9.5 lbs is totally unacceptable to me, you you better explain yourself... :efefa6edcf:

On 6/30/2024 at 8:39 AM, Elitcons said:

1kj5eno.jpeg

Looks very uncomfortable. And what's up with those handles (if you can call them that)?? I think they've come a long way since then

"For reference, the 2019 MSX 100V with 1230Wh weighed 47lbs."

Maybe a contender for perfect wheel after all.

It makes sense that one or more of the dozens of wheels already produced over the years would have flirted with perfection without us perhaps even realizing it.

dd

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Esash said:

"Now tell me how junior/mini makes sense at around 80lbs.." 

You want me to tell you how making a wheel 13% lighter and some 6% smaller makes it a junior/mini?

Why don't you tell me how going from 90 lbs down to 50 lbs makes it a mini.

Anything more than 9.5 lbs is totally unacceptable to me, you you better explain yourself... :efefa6edcf:

Yes.

Spoiler

And again yes. :) 

2 hours ago, Asphalt said:

And why do we get nowadays wheels that weigh 55lbs and have 900Wh.. I miss old days when wheels where good. Anything under 65lbs long forgotten past.. 

They can take any wheel and simply remake it with updated cells, rims, axles.. I would love 18" 50lbs wheel. That have sub 1000Wh.

Edited by Funky

13 minutes ago, Funky said:

And why do we get nowadays wheels that weigh 55lbs and have 900Wh.. I miss old days when wheels where good. Anything under 65lbs long forgotten past.. 

They can take any wheel and simply remake it with updated cells, rims, axles.. I would love 18" 50lbs wheel. That have sub 1000Wh.

what's your verdict on the ks16xs?

18 minutes ago, Funky said:

Sort of strange that Kingsong is still producing the KS16S, but they have not put out a single sequel or Plus or X or Max or F/S (like V8F/V8S) version of the wheel.  They have a new anniversary version but I think it's just a paint job and maybe some better pedals.

Ideas for upgrades:

Slightly more torquey motor

or

Slightly higher speed motor

Slightly fatter rim or modified to fit fatter tire

Some sort of innovative mini-suspension, or even suspension simulation of some kind, like gel inserts in the pedal hinge that can be replaced every so often for a little extra shock absorption.  

The KS16S still being produced all these years later (like the V8 series) is obviously evidence that these wheels did something that flirted with a version of perfection.

54 minutes ago, Esash said:

what's your verdict on the ks16xs?

Same wheel as 18l. And why would i look at it - when i got 18xl? They four 16xs/x 18l/xl are almost the same. (Aside of Falcon - nothing interest me at all. All good/light wheels have small tire, weak axles. And amazing good wheels are 80lbs monsters. 

41 minutes ago, Esash said:

Sort of strange that Kingsong is still producing the KS16S, but they have not put out a single sequel or Plus or X or Max or F/S (like V8F/V8S) version of the wheel.  They have a new anniversary version but I think it's just a paint job and maybe some better pedals.

Ideas for upgrades:

Slightly more torquey motor

or

Slightly higher speed motor

Slightly fatter rim or modified to fit fatter tire

Some sort of innovative mini-suspension, or even suspension simulation of some kind, like gel inserts in the pedal hinge that can be replaced every so often for a little extra shock absorption.  

The KS16S still being produced all these years later (like the V8 series) is obviously evidence that these wheels did something that flirted with a version of perfection.

See i don't care about speed and torque. Even KS16S is fine for ridding on sidewalks.

Also stronger, thicker axle is a must.. Yes all they did for 2023 version was new pads and pedals.. So lame. My dad owns one. I have ridden it also without problems. I just worry i'm gonna break the axle.

I broke my 18xl "dot" welds by simply doing pendulum. :D  Had to open motor and re-weld.. (I'm heavy if you didn't get that..) I know one of those 80-100lbs wheels would be perfect for me. But daily life, etc.. That weight is deal breaker. Even Falcon with 900Wh is plenty range - i would need to charge it only once a week. Even if i rode 28mph speed non-stop.

I'm simply waiting for light/decent commuter wheel to get released. I don't need super high speed while riding on sidewalks 30-35mph is plenty. Even cars have speed limit in city.. And here i'm going same speeds on EMPTY sidewalks. :D (More around 18mph, or under.) Doh when i gear up and got for fun ride. I often ride my speed alarm beeps - 27mph. Sometimes i wish it was faster, but i know - if i want light enough wheel - it won't have the power. :D And no i don't want to own two wheels.. Not worth it. I maybe once a month go out for "fun" ride. Lightness and waterproof is selling point for me.

At least i have plenty $$$ put aside for that one chosen wheel - IF it ever gets released..

Edited by Funky

Just now, Funky said:

Same wheel as 18l. And why would i look at it - when i got 18xl? They four are almost the same. (Aside of Falcon - nothing interest me at all. All good/light wheels have small tire, weak axles. And amazing good wheels are 80lbs monsters. 

See i don't care about speed and torque. Even KS16S is fine for ridding on sidewalks.

Also stronger, thicker axle is a must.. Yes all they did for 2023 version was new pads and pedals.. So lame. My dad owns one. I have ridden it also without problems. I just worry i'm gonna break the axle.

I broke my 18xl "dot" welds by simply doing pendulum. :D  Had to open motor and re-weld.. (I'm heavy if you didn't get that..) I know one of those 80-100lbs wheels would be perfect for me. But daily life, etc.. That weight is deal breaker. Even Falcon with 900Wh is plenty range - i would need to charge it only once a week. Even if i rode 28mph speed non-stop.

I'm simply waiting for light/decent commuter wheel to get released. I don't need super high speed while riding on sidewalks 30-35mph is plenty. Even cars have speed limit in city.. And here i'm going same speeds on EMPTY sidewalks. :D (More around 18mph, or under.) Doh when i gear up and got for fun ride. I often ride my speed alarm beeps - 27mph. Sometimes i wish it was faster, but i know - if i want light enough wheel - it won't have the power. :D And no i don't want to own two wheels.. Not worth it. I maybe once a month go out for "fun" ride. Lightness and waterproof is selling point for me.

At least i have plenty $$$ put aside for that one chosen wheel - IF it ever gets released..

Look for a deal on a KS16X for backup/next wheel

54 minutes ago, Esash said:

Look for a deal on a KS16X for backup/next wheel

No need for a backup.. My commute is 2-3miles. My backup is old trusty bicycle. Only reason i'm using euc - it's free to carry onboard train.

On topic:

My ideal wheel would be 20", with 500Wh battery. :D Top speed 25mph. (More - better.) Big tire size instead on suspension. No need to worry about breaking, suspension going out of line. Also simpler build. I would be fine, if it was 18", but needs to have enough space for any tire.

2 hours ago, Esash said:

"For reference, the 2019 MSX 100V with 1230Wh weighed 47lbs."

Maybe a contender for perfect wheel after all.

It makes sense that one or more of the dozens of wheels already produced over the years would have flirted with perfection without us perhaps even realizing it.

dd

To be fair, the MSX had a fragile shell, trolley handle that wouldn't close properly, terrible ingress protection, and needed a custom socket wrench to change the tire.

However, it would be interesting if Begode revisited some of their older designs with modern technologies and manufacturing standards.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

To be fair, the MSX had a fragile shell, trolley handle that wouldn't close properly, terrible ingress protection, and needed a custom socket wrench to change the tire.

However, it would be interesting if Begode revisited some of their older designs with modern technologies and manufacturing standards.

I've never ridden the MSX nor the KS16X, but looking at the specs of the KS16X I'm thinking that wheel covers what the MSX brings to the table, plus with excellent quality control that even a 2025 Begode MSX couldn't match.

Kingsong really peaked and was top of the unicycle world with their KS16X and KS18X/L wheels. We just didn't know it perhaps.

2 hours ago, Esash said:

I've never ridden the MSX nor the KS16X, but looking at the specs of the KS16X I'm thinking that wheel covers what the MSX brings to the table, plus with excellent quality control that even a 2025 Begode MSX couldn't match.

Kingsong really peaked and was top of the unicycle world with their KS16X and KS18X/L wheels. We just didn't know it perhaps.

The launch of the KS16X was riddled with cutouts and ingress issues. It's real-world top speed was closer to 45kph rather than the advertised 50kph. That said, its off-the-line acceleration is quite good and the ergonomics were vastly better than anything Gotway ever made.

The 100V MSX had a top speed of 70kph, so it appealed to different riders.

• Like 1