Begode Blitz 2400wh: 134V, 20", 79lbs

Cerbera

On 8/12/2024 at 3:22 AM, Chriull said:

Please stop bashing and personal insults! We moderators are not looking forward to have to reread these posts...

Doing my best to promote constructive discussion rather than name call. Some conflicts still arise. Something tells me this year's social climate is making everyone feel somewhat not listened to, or at least not in the way they feel they should. I, at least, have felt that way at times. I've been seeing some hopeful developments, though! Gotta keep the faith.

• Upvote 1

On 8/10/2024 at 3:46 AM, techyiam said:

Why would the Blitz have better power efficiency?

I wouldn't underestimate new motor designs. A new motor might mean a new controller. 

For racing heat is an issue. It's very possible that in the pursuit of cooling the motor they actually create a more efficient wheel that runs longer. That would be cool.

Like formula 1 trickle down type stuff. 

One thing is sure, in a few decades, people will look at our motor designs and laugh. Luckily we have a big industry of electric vehicles all trying to squeeze more out and sooner or later it'll come to us.

I'm excited about motors that don't weigh 15kg. What if they can drop major weight off by redesigning it. That would be cool.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alcatraz said:

I wouldn't underestimate new motor designs. A new motor might mean a new controller. 

For racing heat is an issue. It's very possible that in the pursuit of cooling the motor they actually create a more efficient wheel that runs longer. That would be cool.

Like formula 1 trickle down type stuff. 

One thing is sure, in a few decades, people will look at our motor designs and laugh. Luckily we have a big industry of electric vehicles all trying to squeeze more out and sooner or later it'll come to us.

I'm excited about motors that don't weigh 15kg. What if they can drop major weight off by redesigning it. That would be cool.

If Begode is saying it's a racing wheel they should be talking explaining the improvements they made that makes it a "racing wheel", if the community don't have the information and have to guess that's just poor marketing.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Rawnei said:

If Begode is saying it's a racing wheel they should be talking explaining the improvements they made that makes it a "racing wheel", if the community don't have the information and have to guess that's just poor marketing.

Maybe. Or maybe they don't want to hurt their current sales by hyping it up just yet. 

We're playing the maybe game. :D

Aside from their motives, Leaperkim is the only manufacturer that has made some real progress aren't they? Aren't their motors currently the most efficient? I remember hearing Marty say thay the range is insane dispite the pack being the same. 

1 hour ago, Robse said:

Looks pretty good off-road, would love to see a pull-force test on it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Looks pretty good off-road, would love to see a pull-force test on it.

You said you didn't like the Master. Are you warming up to a Begode wheel again?

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

You said you didn't like the Master. Are you warming up to a Begode wheel again?

Master has shit suspension and all Begode wheels have potential problems with suspension over time due to the open bushings design which require maintenance if you want to keep it working good, but at 36kg and good suspension travel (I don't quite believe the 130mm claim) it's an interesting wheel at least, not that I need another wheel.

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

all Begode wheels have potential problems with suspension over time due to the open bushings design which require maintenance if you want to keep it working good,

All EUCs have potential problems with suspension over time. 

Kingsong need to be cleaned out every so often, and rollers replaced as they wear. Leaperkim shocks need new seals every so often, Inmotion v11/v13 need the sliders replaced as they wear down (v14 probably will have issues with oil leaking as well eventually) and the air shocks replaced because they're cheap parts.

The open bushings design has been the best and most robust suspension design I've seen so far. The linkages and shocks are terrible but it's a easy fix to swap out and you have a system that's last forever 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skampster said:

My Begode Falcons suspension stiffens up when ridden at around 12c and below. It’s rubbish. 

Posted it in the wrong thread?

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

Posted it in the wrong thread?

Nope, just dumping on Begode  

Edited by Skampster
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Eyss said:

All EUCs have potential problems with suspension over time. 

Kingsong need to be cleaned out every so often, and rollers replaced as they wear. Leaperkim shocks need new seals every so often, Inmotion v11/v13 need the sliders replaced as they wear down (v14 probably will have issues with oil leaking as well eventually) and the air shocks replaced because they're cheap parts.

The open bushings design has been the best and most robust suspension design I've seen so far. The linkages and shocks are terrible but it's a easy fix to swap out and you have a system that's last forever 

It's a big difference between open and closed system.

I already owned a Master and I have friends with Begode wheels so I know what a shit system they have, it's prone to dirt ingress and high maintenance if you want to keep it running well, it's amazing they didn't improve that aspect of their wheels.

Edited by Rawnei

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

it's amazing they didn't improve that aspect of their wheels.

What is puzzling is that people are still buying them.

I am thinking maybe I should buy one and see how bad it really is. The Master v4 is priced so well right now.

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

already owned a Master and I have friends with Begode wheels so I know what a shit system they have, it's prone to dirt ingress and high maintenance if you want to keep it running well, it's amazing they didn't improve that aspect of their wheels.

I feel like we've put wheels through enough dust, mud and sea water (red dust in Northern Australia is infamous for killing things). The local leaperkim riders don't do as much trail riding so I can't comment on their robustness, but where the Inmotion/ Kingsongs failed and needed maintenance the begodes have been rock solid. 

If I was building a a custom EUC Frankenstein, I would choose the begode slider system for my suspension. 

3 hours ago, Eyss said:

I feel like we've put wheels through enough dust, mud and sea water (red dust in Northern Australia is infamous for killing things). The local leaperkim riders don't do as much trail riding so I can't comment on their robustness, but where the Inmotion/ Kingsongs failed and needed maintenance the begodes have been rock solid. 

If I was building a a custom EUC Frankenstein, I would choose the begode slider system for my suspension. 

Lots of people don't even know when their suspension system is performing poorly, as long as it has some movement they are happy.

Begode sliders works fine if everything is aligned and no dirt in there but since it's an open system it's just a matter of time before you have to perform maintenance on it if you care about performance at all.

V14 has the same system but at least they put a dust wiper on either ends before the bushings.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Lots of people don't even know when their suspension system is performing poorly, as long as it has some movement they are happy.

Actually, I witnessed a newish rider who prefer a wheel with a super firm suspension than one that is actually compliant. 

And this person was just a basic rider who doesn't do drops, jumps, stairs, etc.

Hard to fathom. 

15 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Actually, I witnessed a newish rider who prefer a wheel with a super firm suspension than one that is actually compliant. 

And this person was just a basic rider who doesn't do drops, jumps, stairs, etc.

Hard to fathom. 

How is it hard to fathom? Sports car enthusiasts don't prefer dune buggy suspensions either. Same with sports motorcycle riders, they don't want a bouncy motocross suspension.

Why would somebody who rides on streets and doesn't do drops and jumps prefer a big soft suspension over a firm suspension?

This goes across all vehicle types and is universal. Any street performance vehicle rider is going to prefer a firmer suspension for better connection to the road and better performance on sharp turns.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Comparison to cars is odd

Ironically, when I first started riding my Sherman S, I tuned the dampening to replicate the rebound of a car, and I mean like a stock Toyota, so soft enough that I couldn't do jumps. Where I live, potholes abound, so good street performance means reasonably soft suspension.

Not sure how I'd like firm suspension on a race track. I tried someone's EX20S at a relatively smooth path, and since they were a different weight than I, their suspension was so firm that I felt I had to put more effort into riding. It was almost like riding a pogo stick meant for someone heavier than I was... but with a wheel!

I thought the Blitz was a low-rider wheel so as to be a better racer, but even though the pedals are slightly lower than the master (if I recall correctly) it's apparently really tall! I wonder how that affects ride feel.