Begode Blitz 2400wh: 134V, 20", 79lbs

Cerbera

From the posted video: "The front blue light you cannot change it to a different color."

As much as I am interested in this wheel, the police (in USA) has told me not to use blue lights, because it is considered an impersonation of a police officer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

From the posted video: "The front blue light you cannot change it to a different color."

As much as I am interested in this wheel, the police (in USA) has told me not to use blue lights, because it is considered an impersonation of a police officer.

Turn them off?

???

Profit!

Better yet - buy new leds and put in any color you like..

Edited by Funky

18 minutes ago, Funky said:

Turn them off?

???

Profit!

Better yet - buy new leds and put in any color you like..

Programmable lights would be better. IMO.
I don't think that would be a stretch.
RGB LEDs (red, green, and blue combined), capable of producing a wide spectrum of colors, have been on the market in a practical sense since the 1990's
https://www.energysavinglighting.org/the-history-of-led-lighting/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jayzao said:

Programmable lights would be better. IMO.
I don't think that would be a stretch.
RGB LEDs (red, green, and blue combined), capable of producing a wide spectrum of colors, have been on the market in a practical sense since the 1990's
https://www.energysavinglighting.org/the-history-of-led-lighting/

That's what i meant.. Get some cheap wifi/bluetooth controller and change lights color true phone.. Wheel only gives power.

(Or buy already put together kit. Leds/Controller.) Doh you need to match original wheel lights voltage/wattage. (Or if one is extra knowledgeable in all electric. Install some converter..) 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2

For me this looks like a perfect upgrade from my 'starter' S16 pro as it's only 10lbs more but much faster and yet stable, this will make a great zip around town 'street' wheel and the S16 will still be good for small trails.

4 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

I genuinely tried to provide this for my review, but faced issues. Gps report in DB reported inaccurate data (basically saying gps speed was higher than wheel speed), euc world did not support the Blitz... I'll report back again once EUC world supports the wheel... For every new wheel I'm afraid I'll have the same issue again. 

Appreciate the effort.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

I genuinely tried to provide this for my review, but faced issues. Gps report in DB reported inaccurate data (basically saying gps speed was higher than wheel speed), euc world did not support the Blitz... I'll report back again once EUC world supports the wheel... For every new wheel I'm afraid I'll have the same issue again. 

There's a ton of apps that will show gps speed....why can't you hold a speed and look at the screen (might have to be dark since the blitz screen looks horrible) and a GPS speed app? I feel like that's a pretty basic thing for a reviewer. Just give us those 2 numbers...That and a pull force test using a $20 pull meter described in Raginggrandpa's pull force test thread would be nice for the community

Screenshot_20240808-160042_Google_Play_Store.jpg

Edited by Suzuha
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

You can use EUC world completely without having it connected to a wheel. Just start EUC world, swipe down on the main screen, and you will see GPS speed and both speed and distance will be logged. I have actually once used it as a log for a long trip in a speed boat.

• Like 2

On 8/7/2024 at 11:17 PM, Ronin Ryder said:

Thanks for the review, unfortunately it seems once again that
what I feared is actually real.  The cursed handle.  And the useless display.  
Unfortunately, it really seems that precisely on this point, Begode has ignored
the last 10% of proper developement;  If a display cannot be read (for those who want it,
not me) while riding, then it might as well not be present at all, or hidden
under a cover.  The front handle with display, it can only help you with 3 things
1: Bump your leg / knee into it 2: Make young men childless in the event of a crash
3: Make it difficult to fit at seat and do seated riding.

Please Begode, take it away.... redesign.  Otherwise i cancel my order for this wheel.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

the "wheel" is just a name to EUC World, you can set it to Master or Extreme for example and use custom battery voltage 99-133 ;)

great review, the wheel is really nice and fit the "all round" spot really well 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Robse said:

Thanks for the review, unfortunately it seems once again that
what I feared is actually real.  The cursed handle.  And the useless display.  
Unfortunately, it really seems that precisely on this point, Begode has ignored
the last 10% of proper developement;  If a display cannot be read (for those who want it,
not me) while riding, then it might as well not be present at all, or hidden
under a cover.  The front handle with display, it can only help you with 3 things
1: Bump your leg / knee into it 2: Make young men childless in the event of a crash
3: Make it difficult to fit at seat and do seated riding.

Please Begode, take it away.... redesign.  Otherwise i cancel my order for this wheel.

From my thinking about this racing wheel :

• the front handle is designed for helping racer braking ?!?
  • the display is "outside" the wheel to prevent water infiltration ?!?

Maribel not riding her EX.n any longer :( (master V4 is her main wheel right now)

Just now, InMoOnGoWa75012 said:

From my thinking about this racing wheel :

• the front handle is designed for helping racer braking ?!?
  • the display is "outside" the wheel to prevent water infiltration ?!?

Maribel not riding her EX.n any longer :( (master V4 is her main wheel right now)

Good thought. But if that's true, then they should probably have designed it so that it fits in terms of size for something other than sissy fingers

- and then this damn display for no use. They should make it an option; Dear customer; do you want a bling bling display that can be smashed in a crash, be invisible in sunlight, give you information that you have at hand anyway, cost extra, be a source of water ingress, or do you just want your wheel without this unnecessary gadget?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Suzuha said:

There's a ton of apps that will show gps speed....why can't you hold a speed and look at the screen (might have to be dark since the blitz screen looks horrible) and a GPS speed app? I feel like that's a pretty basic thing for a reviewer. Just give us those 2 numbers...That and a pull force test using a $20 pull meter described in Raginggrandpa's pull force test thread would be nice for the community

Screenshot_20240808-160042_Google_Play_Store.jpg

I guess you are a better reviewer since you know the basics better than me 😉! But before concluding of my lack of reviewer basics ownership, I wanted to clarify that I was looking to post gps vs wheel graphs. Therefore I need euc world or DB. 

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Robse said:

You can use EUC world completely without having it connected to a wheel. Just start EUC world, swipe down on the main screen, and you will see GPS speed and both speed and distance will be logged. I have actually once used it as a log for a long trip in a speed boat.

I'll try this thanks. I wanted to display gps vs wheel graphs. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, InMoOnGoWa75012 said:

@Robse perhaps blitz specification make no sens for engineer :D

I am interested by replacing my old EX.n by this blitz for riding in Paris, not sure about this for the moment (MSP, RS19, EX.n : :wub:)

According to your profile, you already ride an EX30. Are you wanting to replace your EX.n with a lighter, more nimble suspension wheel than your EX30? Or are your trying to replace both your EX.n and EX30 with the Blitz?

Some people say the Master4 rides like a mini-EX30.

It's too early yet to say how the Blitz will be like since we have only seen video first impressions. 

On paper, the Blitz does boast better weather protection, and a smart BMS, I suppose. 

I think the overreaction to the handle and display and the excessive negativity are unwarranted.

Do any EUCs have a truly useful display that can be easily and safely viewed at a glance while riding? The only one that I recall that had one, was the Begode Hero which did not sell well. My S22Pro has a crude but visible display but I never really use it. The speed and battery indicators on all EUCs are inaccurate while riding, so why bother? With big batteries, do we really need to constantly check the battery level? And for speed, the Blitz goes faster than most anyone can handle anyway, so just enjoy the ride and relax. Record the ride in EUCWorld, DarknessBot, or the manufacturer's app so you can amaze yourself about your pric, er, benchmarks later. They will be far more accurate anyway. Eventually we will have HUDs or glasses with real time data displays for the minority wannabe terminators.

As for the handle, we should all take a deep breath and wait for a teardown. If the handle can be removed and possibly replaced with just a 3DP part without structurally or visibly compromising the wheel, problem solved. I suspect most riders won't be intimidated by it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Also, I am wondering if we could use the new AI-enhanced Siri and whatever Android-world is working on to voice-query EUCWorld or DarknessBot for battery level and speed when needed. That would be safer than looking down at some display.

29 minutes ago, litewave said:

I think the overreaction to the handle and display and the excessive negativity are unwarranted.

Do any EUCs have a truly useful display that can be easily and safely viewed at a glance while riding? The only one that I recall that had one, was the Begode Hero which did not sell well. My S22Pro has a crude but visible display but I never really use it. The speed and battery indicators on all EUCs are inaccurate while riding, so why bother? With big batteries, do we really need to constantly check the battery level? And for speed, the Blitz goes faster than most anyone can handle anyway, so just enjoy the ride and relax. Record the ride in EUCWorld, DarknessBot, or the manufacturer's app so you can amaze yourself about your pric, er, benchmarks later. They will be far more accurate anyway. Eventually we will have HUDs or glasses with real time data displays for the minority wannabe terminators.

As for the handle, we should all take a deep breath and wait for a teardown. If the handle can be removed and possibly replaced with just a 3DP part without structurally or visibly compromising the wheel, problem solved. I suspect most riders won't be intimidated by it. 

My humble opinion is that any display that is not positioned so that
you can pick up information from it without taking your eyes off the
essentials, namely the road, is of no use, let alone dangerous to yourself
and others on the road.  I've never figured it out.  Just like I don't
understand how people do fumble around with a phone, texting, reading messages
while driving a car.  It doesn't belong.  The display on my RS is completely ridiculous.  
Sitting halfway on the side and glowing red in the dark... and that's what it is, ridiculous.
I want a HUD display with useful information, presented on the inside of my visor on my helmet.
Now that would be cool!

Take a closer look at Ronin's ride, his legs, near the knees, constantly bumping against
this mindless handle. And you can clearly see that is so small that an ordinary man's
hand can't get all 4 fingers below to grasp.  So what's the point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

According to your profile, you already ride an EX30. Are you wanting to replace your EX.n with a lighter, more nimble suspension wheel than your EX30? Or are your trying to replace both your EX.n and EX30 with the Blitz?

Some people say the Master4 rides like a mini-EX30.

It's too early yet to say how the Blitz will be like since we have only seen video first impressions. 

On paper, the Blitz does boast better weather protection, and a smart BMS, I suppose. 

My EX30 has a knobby tire that is large, huge ... same for C40 motor ... train/truck behavior with nice cruising speed in offroad.

My EX.n feels like a small wheel with its street kenda 340A and small C30. It's an easy street racing wheel and I am looking for an upgrade with same behavior :wub:

• Like 1

On 8/9/2024 at 5:34 AM, InMoOnGoWa75012 said:

My EX30 has a knobby tire that is large, huge ... same for C40 motor ... train/truck behavior with nice cruising speed in offroad.

My EX.n feels like a small wheel with its street kenda 340A and small C30. It's an easy street racing wheel and I am looking for an upgrade with same behavior :wub:

I see. Makes sense.

Why not a Master4 or Lynx?

Edited by techyiam

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

I see. Makes sense.

Why not Master4 or Lynx?

Because never see a master/lynx riding as fast as me in Paris with my EX.n :P
Would like that a blitz or master impressed me in Paris while riding my EX.n ! but never see kind of this super wheel despite there is a lot of Lynx/Patton/Sherman S in Paris !
I am looking for a wheel able to deal with cars very easily, with awesome feelings like EX.n gives :wub:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, InMoOnGoWa75012 said:

Because never see a master/lynx riding as fast as me in Paris with my EX.n :P
Would like that a blitz or master impressed me in Paris while riding my EX.n ! but never see kind of this super wheel despite there is a lot of Lynx/Patton/Sherman S in Paris !
I am looking for a wheel able to deal with cars very easily, with awesome feelings like EX.n gives :wub:

You must be one hell of a speed demon to make Master and Lynx riders eat your dust.

Could it be that your local laws and strict enforcement discourage fast riding? 

Maybe it's the rider and not machine. 

Have you ridden a Master or a Lynx?

Edited by techyiam

5 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

I guess you are a better reviewer since you know the basics better than me 😉! But before concluding of my lack of reviewer basics ownership, I wanted to clarify that I was looking to post gps vs wheel graphs. Therefore I need euc world or DB. 

"I can't give basic numbers that would get us within 1% of the speed over reporting because I was trying to post a graph so instead I left everyone with no idea at all."

Not to mention EMA just explained how to connect an unsupported model to EUC world.

If you're reading this Jason, I would love take his early reviewer spot. I can give pull force test numbers, give accurate GPS top speeds at properly calibrated 20% safety margin, (25% with these hyper wheels due to the insane wind resistance) and give what I think is a much more nuanced account of the pros and cons of the wheel.