Begode Blitz 2400wh: 134V, 20", 79lbs

Cerbera

He did mention in a recent video that he was working with Begode on making a wheel to his liking, which is the main factor imo as to why he changed his tune with Begode. But yes, they may be “paying” him but it’s still a Begode. And yes, after the Falcon, never again. But I do like riding the little bugger. 

Edited by Skampster

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2024 at 4:34 PM, Skampster said:

He did mention in a recent video that he was working with Begode on making a wheel to his liking, which is the main factor imo as to why he changed his tune with Begode. But yes, they may be “paying” him but it’s still a Begode. And yes, after the Falcon, never again. But I do like riding the little bugger. 

And he mentioned in comments of a following video that designing a wheel with Begode is no longer happening. He said he was given the wheel by Begode to keep but I wouldn't regard that as "paying". 

He said he had an arrangement with OneRide but after the Lynx video ???

He also said he doesn't ride the Lynx anymore so why not sell it? A devalueing assett taking up space in his apartment. Ditto with the Extreme.

4 hours ago, DavidB said:

given the wheel by Begode to keep but I wouldn't regard that as "paying". 

So if I was given a $6700 (AU) Sherman L by Leaperkim, I’d consider that as a payment. 

4 hours ago, Manoloco said:

You have a position until circumstances require you to take a new one!.... 

Quote: A Danish prime minister who just after an election changed his position and suddenly thought that something he had previously rejected categorically would now suddenly be perfectly fine...

• Haha 2

Wow, wasn't expecting wrong way to like the blitz that much! So the supposed racing wheel is actually a great jumping wheel lol. 

Very curious about the off road version coming up. Maybe little higher pedals, and a torque wound motor? I don't know what else they could do.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Skampster said:

Strong smell of bias that has nothing to do to do with wheel preference…….

He used to be my resource, I now question everything. 

After having owning, riding and maintaining a few wheels for a few years, hindsight tells me my best resource was actually a combination of seeing the wheel in person and riding the wheel on an Intro2speed track. Next best were the thoughts and comments from actually owners.

For my use-case and style of riding, Wrongway"s video reviews have never helped me in my euc purchases. Mind you, many influencers didn't help either.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

After having owning, riding and maintaining a few wheels for a few years, hindsight tells me my best resource was actually a combination of seeing the wheel in person and riding the wheel on an Intro2speed track. Next best were the thoughts and comments from actually owners.

Yeah don't buy wheels based on what any YouTubers say. Wait a few months and wait for real rider reviews. I learnt this the hard way with the v13.

The blitz does seem pretty good though and it's probably my next wheel. The rider reviews so far are pretty good. 

EUC upgrades released his first video of the blitz. Overall looks pretty good but still some poor design decisions. 

It looks like this wheel won't survive a crash as well as a master / ex30 due to a lot of the metals been thinner 

Edited by Eyss

5 hours ago, Eyss said:

EUC upgrades released his first video of the blitz. Overall looks pretty good but still some poor design decisions. 

It looks like this wheel won't survive a crash as well as a master / ex30 due to a lot of the metals been thinner 

Despite what Kevin said, overall, the Blitz build quality seemed to have improved, IMO.

In terms of toughness, given how Wrongway rides his wheels, it won't be long before we will hear about it should it fall apart.  😀

7 hours ago, Flying W said:

Maybe little higher pedals, and a torque wound motor? I don't know what else they could do.

it's just marketing :D

btw from what i see the pedals height is good, you can get almost +3cm removing the travel limiter (WW didn't do it), the same 3cm that you should loose with sag on a properly tuned suspension setup. 

so without the travel limiter you should have the pedals (with you on) at a similar height of the rest position (without rider) with travel limiter, more or less :ph34r:

the pedals can still reach the low limit when using full travel, but that's the trade off of having 130mm :efee6b18f3:

[ i raised the pedals on my Extreme for the same reason ]

Lots of technical mumbo-jumbo in the video.

One thing that caught my eye, the front leds seems loose and prone to dirt ingress, would be a good idea to silicone around them or something similar or gonna end up with dirty leds or worst case shorted not working leds (Like on old Gotway wheels).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Robse said:

You have a position until circumstances require you to take a new one!.... 

Quote: A Danish prime minister who just after an election changed his position and suddenly thought that something he had previously rejected categorically would now suddenly be perfectly fine...

Agree that WW harmed a lot Begode with BMS/Battery issues ;)

However, he convinced me to buy a new T3 and my used EX.n (~18000km) :wub:

14 hours ago, Eyss said:

Yeah don't buy wheels based on what any YouTubers say. Wait a few months and wait for real rider reviews. 

Yep, it's a know fact that youtubers don't ride! #smh

That being said, that review looks biased, it wouldn't be the first time for him, but for having tested this wheel as well, i can say i didn't detect incorrect infos in what he said. That review is quite correct and fair. 

Edited by Ronin
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Lots of technical mumbo-jumbo in the video.

One thing that caught my eye, the front leds seems loose and prone to dirt ingress, would be a good idea to silicone around them or something similar or gonna end up with dirty leds or worst case shorted not working leds (Like on old Gotway wheels).

I rode this wheel under the rain extensively (had no choice, it was raining all the time), one of the front leds would start to blink at some point. That would get fixed by itself once the wheel dried up. 

Edited by Ronin

9 minutes ago, Ronin said:

I rode this wheel under the rain extensively (had no choice, it was raining all the time), one of the front leds would start to blink at some point. That would get fixed by itself once the wheel dried up. 

Yeah they are exposed to the elements, the plastic cover is not sealed it's very visible in the video, so water and dirt can easily accumulate in there, it was the same on older Gotway wheels eventually the leds usually just died.

Silly problem they could easily solve.

30 minutes ago, Ronin said:

i can say i didn't detect incorrect infos in what he said.

What range did you manage to get on the Blitz that you rode?

Edited by techyiam

Kevin from euc upgrades has a nice look on the internals. It's a nice progression from the design of the master and I generally liked what I saw. The only thing that has me skeptical is the way the batteries connect to the suspension rod. It's basically four screws all placed very close to each other and all threaded through a pretty thin piece of metal. I could see this snapping or cracking depending on the impact. 

• Like 2

You are forgetting the Pedal hanger is screwed into the "suspension rod bracket" and the batteries too making it quite a bit stronger and distributing the forces applied.

image.thumb.png.a1310e520dc5766d8daf903d3cc80e3c.png

Or am I misunderstanding something?

23 minutes ago, Poker said:

I am not agreeing nor disagreeing, but the observation made by Kevin is that the pedal hanger seems to be less beefy than what some other wheels use.

For example, on the V12, the adjustable portion of the pedal hanger is a more beefy, solid chunk of aluminum alloy. 

However, Wrongway has been riding his Blitz in the Wrongway style and had not complained about the pedal hanger failing (cracking or fracturing).

3 hours ago, Poker said:

You are forgetting the Pedal hanger is screwed into the "suspension rod bracket" and the batteries too making it quite a bit stronger and distributing the forces applied.

The concern is not with the pedal hanger, it's with that thin metal on the battery pack and the screw hole spacing. Yes, the screws and the pedal hanger distribute force, but they distribute force into four holes that are basically placed right in line next to each other and then placed really close to the edge of the battery pack. It's not a recipe for strength. I would not be worried that a pedal clip or something like that breaking it, I am more concerned that a sideways impact on the battery itself. If they used high quality metal for those cases, they can might get away with it, but given the track record of cheap chineseium, we'll have to hope for the best. I hope my concerns are unwarranted.

image.png.a36b93898c0c35bb99b3772c69746cd9.png