New wheels from InMotion 2024

1 hour ago, Frolic0415 said:

16" wheels are plenty big enough for speed though?

Well, for what kind of speeds?

Also, it is subjective, and tire choice can have a major effect.

Typically, 16" wheels would feel less planted even if it feels stable. Road imperfections can cause them move around more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Frolic0415 said:

16" wheels are plenty big enough for speed though?

For 80kmh+ no, for 25-40kmh yes. That's the thing - everyone has their own speed in mind and their own perfect wheel size..

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 10:32 AM, Funky said:

That's not a new wheel.. It's still the same V8 then, same wheel/tire size, same battery, same axle, same all. They can reduce price on old ones..

It its the same as the old V8S, except no ambient lights and a switch to matte finish, but the old ones with the lights are still listed at $1199, the new one at $699, with discount, $639 to $649. Dealers stuck with old inventory with the lights will probably end up selling at a loss for what they paid for the old ones.

Edited by rcgldr

8 minutes ago, rcgldr said:

Dealers stuck with old inventory with the lights will probably end up selling at a loss for what they paid for the old ones.

It isn't consumer deal to deal with.. Consumer could care less.

8 minutes ago, rcgldr said:

It its the same as the old V8S, except no ambient lights and a switch to matte finish

So the same thing Kingsong did with their wheels.. Added honeycomb pedals and new "power pads". It doesn't make a new wheel.. V8 have had already 3 versions? (Letters)

Duck V8.. Make new wheel altogether. That would be much better options for Consumer, but worse for Manufacturer.. It's easier to "touch up" old models with small things, than making new model.

Edited by Funky

Just now, Funky said:

So the same thing Kingsong did with their wheels.. Added honeycomb pedals and new "power pads".

V8 have had already 3 versions?

Pedals and power pads - the Kingsong 18L | 18XL V2. I'll probably get the 18XL V2, since I can't find 18L V2 at any dealer that ships to USA. S18 switched to hollow motor, but first batch had hall sensor issues. One batch of the newer S18's had spiked pedals, but it's back to grip tape again.

V8 - 4 versions: the original V8 (800 watt motor, 480 wh battery), V8F (1000 watt motor, 518 wh battery), V8EVO (1000 watt motor, 584 wh battery), V8S (1000 watt motor, 728 wh battery). The V8F|EVO|S 1000 watt motor peaks at 2000 watts. As mentioned, V8S-2023 just removes ambient lights and changes finish to matte, and for $650, it is a good beginner EUC. The axle size on V8F|EVO|S was increased about 2 years ago. 

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 12:52 PM, Funky said:

Then where is the actually usable last mileage wheels? Not the Mten4.. S9.. E20 CLOWN wheels.

Sure if it has 10" rim and fat tire same as A2 - then in reality it is 16" and it is usable.. I am last mileage user i need to ride 5km (~2km one way) every day from home to train, from train to job vise versa. But same time i want a good wheel size and performance. Not something that is almost same size as E-scooter wheels. (Mten4..)

I think everyone has notices that most people want 16" or at least 14x2.5". Otherwise bigger is better.

I would love to see A2 performance wheel from Inmotion, but with amazing carry/trolley handle. Even better would be something like 100V Falcon, but less metal build for weight savings.. Also removed suspension.. (I know most people want suspension, but those short last mileage travel we don't really need it.)

Agreed. I'd say the MCM 5 was the last good last mileage wheel, 14x2.5" wheel. I don't know why Begode always terminates their manufacturing of a wheel after the 1st/2nd batch.  InMotion must still be cranking out new V8/V5 series wheels, and same with KingSong and the KS14/KS16S lines.

Whatever InMotion comes out with here this year, one of them will probably nudge Begode into making another batch of MCM5s or some MCM6 would be my guess.

Maybe the Falcon will be awesome, and I'm happy for you that you have your eye on it and it might work out.

I guess the InMotion V8 is the real king of last mile wheels, but I'm happy with my new/used KS16S. 

I guess there's no perfect wheel size/weight/power combination, if we're still complaining and dreaming about it. Falcon just might be it though, and maaaaybe it's wide tire is worth it/practical/necessary for comfort/safety.

V8

Falcon

MCM 5

KS14D/S

KS16S

let's see what InMotion comes up with...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Esash said:

Maybe the Falcon will be awesome, and I'm happy for you that you have your eye on it and it might work out.

Yeah.. I had my eye, before they ducked up the carry/trolley handle. It's unpractical for daily tasks and makes it useless for me. They ducked up that awesome wheel by giving it shet handle. :(

Edited by Funky
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Funky said:

Yeah.. I had my eye, before they ducked up the carry/trolley handle. It's unpractical for daily tasks and makes it useless for me. They ducked up that awesome wheel by giving it shet handle. :(

Luckily your current wheel is close to perfect for your use case.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Esash said:

I guess there's no perfect wheel size/weight/power combination, if we're still complaining and dreaming about it.

You summed up the situation exactly well.

10 hours ago, Esash said:

Luckily your current wheel is close to perfect for your use case.

It is.. Same time i would like to get something lighter.. As i don't need that 1554Wh battery. And i also want sexy new wheel. :D Modern look.. Waterproofness would alone sell in my case. (In fall i ride every 3rd day in heavy rain.)

If only i had a private house or lived on ground floor and didn't need to carry my wheel daily. I could buy Sherman Max or that new Begode Extreme wheel and be happy. They would be perfect for my 280lbs heavy ass. But no - i want a small wheel that can at least go 40kmh and is 20kg heavy..

Edited by Funky

30 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

That Explorer City wheel peaks my interest. Any info on the specs of that?

It's "Explorer".. It want's to Explore - meaning it will have big battery, i bet around 2000Wh and be 18" (They mentioned wheel size in video). Weight wise around 32-37kg.

You can mark my words - something in those lines it will be. More or less same thing as V14 but with 18" wheel.. Maybe Sherman S, V11 type of suspension for city.

Another heavy wheel.. Nothing special. :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Funky said:

It is.. Same time i would like to get something lighter.. As i don't need that 1554Wh battery. And i also want sexy new wheel. :D Modern look.. Waterproofness would alone sell in my case. (In fall i ride every 3rd day in heavy rain.)

If only i had a private house or lived on ground floor and didn't need to carry my wheel daily. I could buy Sherman Max or that new Begode Extreme wheel and be happy. They would be perfect for my 280lbs heavy ass. But no - i want a small wheel that can at least go 40kmh and is 20kg heavy..

KS18L fits the bill quite nicely with smaller battery. Smaller = less comfortable/safe, and probably fatter width...

10 minutes ago, Esash said:

KS18L fits the bill quite nicely with smaller battery. Smaller = less comfortable/safe, and probably fatter width...

Same wheel and not worth the exchange.. My commutes are 5km, i just need to get from A to B. I wanted to buy A2 while ago, but it doesn't have trolley handle and carry handle is bad design.. (Plastic cracks over time)

By small - i mean light. If they can make 20" wheel and be 20kg heavy - i'm all for it. :thumbup: Best bet is 16" diameter wheel. By having 10" rim and fat tire, or 12" rim and skinnier tire. Sure i would love a 14"rim and 18" tire. But at that point it will be another 25kg+ heavy wheel.

Anyways i got money for new wheel. I simply have no wheel to buy.. Hope this year they gonna release something lighter. Otherwise another 1-2 years on 18xl, till i see something decent.

Edited by Funky

12 minutes ago, Funky said:

Same wheel and not worth the exchange.. My commutes are 5km, i just need to get from A to B. I wanted to buy A2 while ago, but it doesn't have trolley handle and carry handle is bad design.. (Plastic cracks over time)

By small - i mean light. If they can make 20" wheel and be 20kg heavy - i'm all for it. :thumbup: Best bet is 16" diameter wheel. By having 10" rim and fat tire, or 12" rim and skinnier tire. Sure i would love a 14"rim and 18" tire. But at that point it will be another 25kg+ heavy wheel.

Anyways i got money for new wheel. I simply have no wheel to buy.. Hope this year they gonna release something lighter. Otherwise another 1-2 years on 18xl, till i see something decent.

Yeah 1300-1600 bucks for a lateral move doesn't make a lot of sense, so KS16XS might not make sense either:

https://www.euco.us/products/king-song-ks-16xs-electric-unicycle?variant=31334124322950&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_term=&utm_campaign=&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=4123803247&hsa_cam=20995041027&hsa_grp=&hsa_ad=&hsa_src=x&hsa_tgt=&hsa_kw=&hsa_mt=&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwoPOwBhAeEiwAJuXRh7bAildWfwSkSshdy9h3muw_Dq2LL04mTG-ziIsTab6HKESpOPL6SBoCN_oQAvD_BwE

The Falcon's trolley and lack of centralized handle design may make it less seamless when transitioning between riding and walking but there may be a silver lining here when carrying it upstairs. I had a 16X and I remember carrying it up long stairs with big steps can be tiring with one hand. Carrying the 16X with both hands on the handle is not ergonomical; you have this weight dangling to the left or right of you that you keep bumping to. But with the Falcon you can cradle it right in front of you with one hand on the front guard and one hand on the kickstand. I think you can get better grip and leverage with both hands to bring the Falcon naturally to your belly/chest area when carrying it upstairs. It may actually feel easier.

4 hours ago, Esash said:

Funny thing - i was choosing between 18xl and 16x in store. I didn't like 16x "boxy" handle. Only reason i went with 18xl was it's rounded handle. I was also looking at ks16s, but i knew i will be riding 35kmh often (it's max speed) and i didn't like the idea of riding close to cut-off speed. So naturally i needed to step up a model, which was 16x/18xl.

2 hours ago, BlueCrow said:

The Falcon's trolley and lack of centralized handle design may make it less seamless when transitioning between riding and walking but there may be a silver lining here when carrying it upstairs. I had a 16X and I remember carrying it up long stairs with big steps can be tiring with one hand. Carrying the 16X with both hands on the handle is not ergonomical; you have this weight dangling to the left or right of you that you keep bumping to. But with the Falcon you can cradle it right in front of you with one hand on the front guard and one hand on the kickstand. I think you can get better grip and leverage with both hands to bring the Falcon naturally to your belly/chest area when carrying it upstairs. It may actually feel easier.

Centered handle is meant for one hand carrying.. Where Falcon if nothing else i bet there will be place for hand at back and front bar. Meaning it is two hand carry wheel. Same as KS-S19 and S16. Or in general ALL NEW WHEELS. Aside of A2 and V11Y.  (I hate using two hands to carry EUC. And having to lift it many times over day. Anything other than centered candle is a deal breaker.) Wheel under 25kg should have one good handle in middle, but carrying my 26.5kg 18xl for 3 years. I'm looking for 20kg wheel for my next purchase, as 20kg wheel should have centered handle as a rule in my book and is much lighter.

No-one gonna sit on last mileage wheels anyways, so they should add amazing handle. And their selling point is portability bay nature. So again good handle comes in mind first. Motor power, battery size, etc should be afterthought. Not the other way around (Like Flacon.)

Big wheels - speed, power, range. (Followed by design, handle, etc..)

Small wheels - portability, handle, compact design. (Followed by speed, power, etc..)

Edited by Funky

The InMotion V8 platform is pretty close to being an ideal form factor for a last mile wheel:

• sturdy, ergonomic carry handle with power button easily accessible by your thumb for seamless transitions between carried walking and riding
  • lift switch built into the bottom of the carry handle
  • easily accessible trolley handle that can be deployed while carrying
  • trolley handle goes through the wheel's centre-of-gravity and axle
  • trolley handle collapses into shell and is protected during a crash
  • pads and pedals are relatively flush to the shell, minimizing leg collisions while walking and carrying.
  • light enough to carry up/down long flights of stairs/escalators, with one hand
  • small enough to hide under a table at a restaurant
  • non-flashy design to blend into an urban environment

A few small improvements and InMotion would have a modern winner:

• performance bump of top speed of 50 kph
  • high-performance cells e.g. Samsung 50S
  • brighter headlight that can be angled to not blind pedestrians and oncoming traffic
  • larger, brighter red tail light
  • 2.75-inch wide tire
  • mutable start-up and shut-down sounds
  • smart BMS
  • PWM tiltback/alarms

The unique feature of the V8 is the sturdy handle. I'd even go as far as saying that it's better than the Kingsong handles which have a bit of play and can have latching issues. The solid handle of the V8 is easy to grip and manipulate the wheel. You can even treat it like a kettlebell and do a waiters carry, convenient for putting it into overhead compartments, high shelves and narrow lockers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

The InMotion V8 platform is pretty close to being an ideal form factor for a last mile wheel:

• sturdy, ergonomic carry handle with power button easily accessible by your thumb for seamless transitions between carried walking and riding
  • pads and pedals are relatively flush to the shell, minimizing leg collisions while walking and carrying.
  • light enough to carry up/down long flights of stairs/escalators, with one hand

• brighter headlight that can be angled to not blind pedestrians and oncoming traffic
  • 2.75-inch wide tire
  • smart BMS
  • PWM tiltback/alarms

The unique feature of the V8 is the sturdy handle. I'd even go as far as saying that it's better than the Kingsong handles which have a bit of play and can have latching issues. The solid handle of the V8 is easy to grip and manipulate the wheel. You can even treat it like a kettlebell and do a waiters carry, convenient for putting it into overhead compartments, high shelves and narrow lockers.

YES! :efefe00999:

On 4/18/2024 at 7:14 PM, Asphalt said:

• 2.75-inch wide tire
  • smart BMS
  • PWM tiltback/alarms

Like you said, Inmotion is very close to this already. Thinking mostly about the V11(y), which I think will be my new wheel, despite the ugly 'new color scheme' (just waiting on some sort of sale^^).

To all you EUC manufacturers out there... Can you please stop with the orange colors. It looks horrific imo (just look at the V11Y, yuck) Why is that suddenly a trend??
Keep em plain black please, and then people can add all their different stickers if they want to customize it.

V11 is significantly larger than the V8 series and it's not a fair comparison.  For me, the biggest detriment of the V8 series is definitely the 2.125" tire size, although I admit that I've been amazed at the durability of the wheel despite this.  A 2.75" tire would be amazing and would reduce the pucker in my posterior every time I hit a bump in the roadway.  It would be fine if that added a bit of bulk and weight to the overall design.  Bring on the V8XL!!

• Upvote 2

V11Y is 30kg wheel....

Where V8 isn't even half of it's weight.

Pretty please GTFOOH!!! With your 30/32kg wheel. :) I would love V8 with modern design and 2.75"/3" tire. Heck space for 3.5" would be even better.

This wheel should be around 20kg, but not over 20kg! (Amazing centered handle, waterproof, slick design, THICK axle, real smart BMS, etc.. etc.. List goes on.)

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 2