New wheels from InMotion 2024

I believe that beginner / last mile devices would fall in the Courage Line-up. E20S would go here.

2nd wheel, or bike path city commuter would fall in the Explore Lineup. V11y and V12 Pro are part of this line-up.

Adventure V14 is the only wheel in the Adventure Line-up so far.

Challenger V13 and V13 pro are part of the Challenger Line-up that we know about. 

Inmotion needs a 20" performance suspension wheel. 

I would hope one of remaining wheels: V18, E25, or P6 is it, and it is hard to know which model lineup it would be part of.

Earlier Inmotion has announced their 2024 EUC Line-up.

Edited by techyiam

Any ideas when the announcement for the E25, V18 & P6 may be?

I think the E20S is just a bigger size battery version of the E20? And I heard that the E20 may not be mass produce if the Kickstarter does not reach a certain goal?

26 minutes ago, techyiam said:

image.png.60ae291700c7a0ca49b5ce669d8cbf0

so since the E20 was announced in February and mass production is scheduled for April, does that mean we don't expect announcements until 2 months before the production date? 

i also find it hard to believe the E20 is going to be mass produced in April since the Kickstarter campaign for it has not started yet.

2 hours ago, Tan Ho said:

so since the E20 was announced in February and mass production is scheduled for April, does that mean we don't expect announcements until 2 months before the production date? 

i also find it hard to believe the E20 is going to be mass produced in April since the Kickstarter campaign for it has not started yet.

The new wheel production chart came out at the end of last year / beginning of this year. 

It's anybody's guess now.

I suspect the July timeline is too late in the season for many for this year's riding season.

One would think for those people who would want to buy a new wheel for this season would have done so before July.

Are you looking for a performance wheel, or a smaller wheel?

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

The new wheel production chart came out at the end of last year / beginning of this year. 

It's anybody's guess now.

I suspect the July timeline is too late in the season for many for this year's riding season.

One would think for those people who would want to buy a new wheel for this season would have done so before July.

Are you looking for a performance wheel, or a smaller wheel?

just in the market for a new wheel. i currently have the Patton and selling my A2 cause it cut out on me due to bad hall sensor. thinking the E20 or E20S would be a good option for teaching someone quickly to sort of get a feel of what riding an EUC would be like. i sometimes give EUC lessons, so figured it may be a good option to get some folks over the initial fear. 

16 minutes ago, Tan Ho said:

just in the market for a new wheel. i currently have the Patton and selling my A2 cause it cut out on me due to bad hall sensor. thinking the E20 or E20S would be a good option for teaching someone quickly to sort of get a feel of what riding an EUC would be like. i sometimes give EUC lessons, so figured it may be a good option to get some folks over the initial fear. 

To me, the E20 is mostly an introductory learning tool.

I didn't think it gave a good feeling that is representative of riding an euc.

But the E20 is a lot less intimidating for someone with absolutely no euc experience to hop on and start developing balancing skills to ride an euc.

Perhaps after a certain point, one can continue the learning process on an actual euc with a lot less intimidation and risks.

• Like 1

Courage:

• 1500W motor
  • 800-1000Wh battery
  • 40-50km/h speed
  • 16" or 18" tire
  • Range 50+km
  • Amazing centered carry/trolley handle.
  • Waterproof
  • Real smart BMS
  • Weight 20kg
  • Price 2000$

1500W motor, 800-1000Wh battery, max speed 40-50km/h. (Suspension or not don't care.) wheel size 16" or 18". Amazing centered carry/trolley handle is a must on last mileage wheels! (We don't need to sit down on last mileage wheels!) And overall package weight should be 20kg, nothing more! They can choose wheel tire size, battery size, materials used in wheel making, to meet that weight point. As for range it can be anywhere from 50+km. Small wheels should not have big ranges, their selling point is lightness and size.

Of course along side of being waterproof, having real smart BMS. And all that goodness that most new wheels have. As for price it can be around 2000$.

This can also be Explorer, but when i hear name Explorer - i hear wheel that has a lot of range.. That wants to ride and explore..:D Where Courage the neighborhood wheel should be small and light with not a lot of range.

This wheel would sell like cupcakes for people who ride on sidewalks or bike lanes. Places where riding on streets is forbidden by law.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 4:13 PM, techyiam said:

I believe that beginner / last mile devices would fall in the Courage Line-up. E20S would go here.

2nd wheel, or bike path city commuter would fall in the Explore Lineup. V11y and V12 Pro are part of this line-up.

Adventure V14 is the only wheel in the Adventure Line-up so far.

Challenger V13 and V13 pro are part of the Challenger Line-up that we know about. 

Inmotion needs a 20" performance suspension wheel. 

I would hope one of remaining wheels: V18, E25, or P6 is it, and it is hard to know which model lineup it would be part of.

Earlier Inmotion has announced their 2024 EUC Line-up.

V18 will be a 18" wheel - name is giving it away by itself. That's the "Explorer" right there.

P6 can be something like Kingsong S9 small clown wheel. Or Begode Mten4. Or maybe that's that 20" wheel you want with 6P battery setup..

As for E25.. It can be upgraded more powerful E20. Same time having only one tire instead of 2.. (Why would they make 2 wheels - with 2 wheels.) :D 

I personally want E25, if it's more powerful E20 and has one wheel. Ofc if it isn't heavier than, lets say 22kg.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Funky said:

V18 will be a 18" wheel - name is giving it away by itself. That's the "Explorer" right there.

P6 can be something like Kingsong S9 small clown wheel. Or Begode Mten4. Or maybe that's that 20" wheel you want with 6P battery setup..

As for E25.. It can be upgraded more powerful E20. Same time having only one tire instead of 2.. (Why would they make 2 wheels - with 2 wheels.) :D 

I personally want E25, if it's more powerful E20 and has one wheel. Ofc if it isn't heavier than, lets say 22kg.

For myself, I think it is too early to tell.

In Inmotion's case, V11, V12, V13, V14, the V-series, the number after the V never denoted tire size.

It was the case for Kingsong S18, and S20 though.

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

In Inmotion's case, V11, V12, V13, V14, the V-series, the number after the V never denoted tire size.

Yeah you're right.. Anyways i really! really! want a light and powerful EUC.. Something like i mentioned before.

5 hours ago, Funky said:

Courage:

• 1500W motor
  • 800-1000Wh battery
  • 40-50km/h speed
  • 16" or 18" tire
  • Range 50+km
  • Amazing centered carry/trolley handle.
  • Waterproof
  • Real smart BMS
  • Weight 20kg
  • Price 2000$

1500W motor, 800-1000Wh battery, max speed 40-50km/h. (Suspension or not don't care.) wheel size 16" or 18". Amazing centered carry/trolley handle is a must on last mileage wheels! (We don't need to sit down on last mileage wheels!) And overall package weight should be 20kg, nothing more! They can choose wheel tire size, battery size, materials used in wheel making, to meet that weight point. As for range it can be anywhere from 50+km. Small wheels should not have big ranges, their selling point is lightness and size.

Of course along side of being waterproof, having real smart BMS. And all that goodness that most new wheels have. As for price it can be around 2000$.

This can also be Explorer, but when i hear name Explorer - i hear wheel that has a lot of range.. That wants to ride and explore..:D Where Courage the neighborhood wheel should be small and light with not a lot of range.

This wheel would sell like cupcakes for people who ride on sidewalks or bike lanes. Places where riding on streets is forbidden by law.

Text in image in OP paints a very different picture.

Courage = Neighborhood

Explorer = City

That tells me the Courage will be an MTen4/MTen Mini style wheel, basically a parking lot wheel or literal last mile wheel like the IPS i5 extinct super slim wheel.

And it will probably not directly compete with the V5, which presumably is still selling decently well. So that might eliminate the IPS i5 form factor.

Probably a 10-12 inch MTen 3/4 style wheel, squirrely enough to require more "courage" than the V5.

I suppose it could also be a 14" wheel, max, with the power of a V10F, so that it would blow away the V5 enough to not directly compete.

Either way I'm guessing max price of $1500 bucks, but probably closer to $1000 to compete with the Begide MTen 4 and A2 wheels.

Probably a small battery too, to keep it lighter and cheaper. Otherwise it wouldn't be a "neighborhood" wheel.

In any case it will be a sweet wheel to carry on the bus/train as a literal last mile wheel.

all of this is just my opinion/speculation, of course. I suspect your dream specs listed will be closely matched by the explorer wheel.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

I'm thinking InMotion is indeed using tire size in the names of the 18, 20, and maybe even the 25. 18 and 20 are obviously commonplace tire sizes and it would be creating tons of confusion if they were say 14 inch or 16 inch wheels. Nope.

What really interests me is the possibility of a 25" tire wheel coming next winter.  We know InMotion aimed high with the V13, trying to make it the fastest wheel ever by a good margin at the time.

A 25" tire wheel would be 1" bigger than the Monster Pro, and while the utility of a 25" tire wheel could be debatable, it would CERTAINLY fill an empty niche in the EUC market.

InMotion could quite plausibly be once again taking the V13 design approach, ambitiously building a new wheel that will shatter all previous speed records while also shattering all size records for tire diameter. Like 60-65-70 miles per hour.

I'm sure InMotion has learned a lot from the V13 design success and failures. Such a 25" new wheel could command a price of $5,000+. 4500+W motor at 170-200 volt with 130-140 pound weight and plush, high, built in seat, maybe even with optional handlebars.

2 hours ago, Esash said:

Courage = Neighborhood

Explorer = City

That tells me the Courage will be an MTen4/MTen Mini style wheel, basically a parking lot wheel or literal last mile wheel like the IPS i5 extinct super slim wheel.

And it will probably not directly compete with the V5, which presumably is still selling decently well. So that might eliminate the IPS i5 form factor.

Probably a 10-12 inch MTen 3/4 style wheel, squirrely enough to require more "courage" than the V5.

I suppose it could also be a 14" wheel, max, with the power of a V10F, so that it would blow away the V5 enough to not directly compete.

Either way I'm guessing max price of $1500 bucks, but probably closer to $1000 to compete with the Begide MTen 4 and A2 wheels.

Probably a small battery too, to keep it lighter and cheaper. Otherwise it wouldn't be a "neighborhood" wheel.

In any case it will be a sweet wheel to carry on the bus/train as a literal last mile wheel.

all of this is just my opinion/speculation, of course. I suspect your dream specs listed will be closely matched by the explorer wheel.

Then where is the actually usable last mileage wheels? Not the Mten4.. S9.. E20 CLOWN wheels.

Sure if it has 10" rim and fat tire same as A2 - then in reality it is 16" and it is usable.. I am last mileage user i need to ride 5km (~2km one way) every day from home to train, from train to job vise versa. But same time i want a good wheel size and performance. Not something that is almost same size as E-scooter wheels. (Mten4..)

I think everyone has notices that most people want 16" or at least 14x2.5". Otherwise bigger is better.

I would love to see A2 performance wheel from Inmotion, but with amazing carry/trolley handle. Even better would be something like 100V Falcon, but less metal build for weight savings.. Also removed suspension.. (I know most people want suspension, but those short last mileage travel we don't really need it.)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

V8S-2023 - V8S but with the side LEDs removed and shell is matte not glossy finish, along with a price reduction, $650 to $699.

21 minutes ago, rcgldr said:

V8S-2023 - V8S but with the side LEDs removed and shell is matte not glossy finish, along with a price reduction, $650 to $699.

That's not a new wheel.. It's still the same V8 then, same wheel/tire size, same battery, same axle, same all. They can reduce price on old ones..

Edited by Funky

3 hours ago, Esash said:

Courage = Neighborhood

Explorer = City

i think you may have a really good point about the Courage being equivalent to MTEN4 or MTEN-Mini. Is the Courage going to be the P6? if so, that would make sense and perhaps the P6 is either because it is after the IPS i5 or could mean a 6" hub, which would mean a 10" - 11" tire size?

The Adventure V14 is clearly for off-road torque & suspension. Yes, the Explorer could be more for city exploring on the street and such. Still would be nice to have minimal suspension to go off curbs, potholes, small rocks & bumpy sidewalks. Does not need to have exception suspension, but minimal to reduce the weight. 

other than beginner/introductory wheels or small diameter tire wheels, i don't see much need to build 16" wheels without suspension since there are plenty of 16" non-suspension wheels that fit that niche already.

imo 16"s are kind of that gray area of wheel size nowadays where its not big enough for speed and its not small enough to be practical.

2cells1pack's vlog did hint that the Explorer line should be 18", which done right (25kg or less) is the best size wheel for all-day traversing with or without suspension.

I would definitely be interested in another 10-11" offering in the market as I do still enjoy my mten4.

as the riding season 2024 begins (at least for the northern hemisphere of north america), IMO veteran will still have a hold on the market for high performance eucs.  with begode coming in second and perhaps challenging veteran as 2024 ends.  however,  for 2025, it could turn out to be inmotions year !.  it all depends on how many models with solid quality manufacturing and dependable firmware inmotion presents to the euc community beginning this summer.  inmotion is improving on the shaky start of the V14 and i hope for them, they continue moving forward in a positive manner.

1 hour ago, Tan Ho said:

other than beginner/introductory wheels or small diameter tire wheels, i don't see much need to build 16" wheels without suspension since there are plenty of 16" non-suspension wheels that fit that niche already.

From 2018 year.. Wheels without waterproofing, weak axles, no real smart BMS, small 2" tires..

We want new SHIT also. Why people keep calling smaller size wheel "beginner" or "introductory". Not everyone ride on street and want to go faster than 40km/h.. Like on sidewalks and bike lanes, or last mileage wheels.  For some those smaller wheels will be their one and only. Not ever thinking about buying a 140lbs wheel that has 4000Wh battery. Bicykle and Motorcycle level - we need both.

1 hour ago, slippyfeet said:

2cells1pack's vlog did hint that the Explorer line should be 18", which done right (25kg or less) is the best size wheel for all-day traversing with or without suspension.

Seeing how most "modern" wheel are over 30kg. That new 18" also will be over 30kg and that that points it's another heavy wheel. Same group as S22, Master, Lynx, Patton, etc.. etc.. list goes on from 2020 year and onwards. 

Why can't manufacturers build awesome/powerful wheel around 20kg. Begode had 1500-1800Wh MSP, RS weighting around 25kg. Heck S18 even has suspension and is around 25kg. Make battery smaller. Use those "new" 50S cells to build small, but powerful battery and you have amazing last mileage EUC with 18" wheel around 20kg. 

Edited by Funky

Posted (edited)

I was hoping more news would be 'leaked' by now regarding new wheels, as I literally have about 55 min to decide to get the Inmotion V14 now for 400 EUR off (Sale at Oneride). I know you can ofc ride the V14 on street, but its 'mainly' advertised as a trail wheel.
Ideally Id like a toned down version of the V14 for city riding. 
52 min now... ! :lol:

Edited by JohnnyWheels

9 hours ago, slippyfeet said:

imo 16"s are kind of that gray area of wheel size nowadays where its not big enough for speed and its not small enough to be practical.

16" wheels are plenty big enough for speed though?

• Like 1