InMotion V14 riders : Share Your Tips, Tricks, Modifications, Upgrades, Hacks, Setups & Feature Requests

Kmil

29 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

In an attempt to measure the v14's pull force i was surprised at its max wattage output. Unfortunately i wasn't able to get the final results because the wheel kept braking loose and spinning on the tar even after partially standing on it. The last attempt it broke the strap i was using. I will try again soon but the wattage output and power of this wheel is impressive. I now have several burn patches on my fairly new driveway....:(

v14-max-amp.jpg

This might be possible is very brief moments but I don't think it is wise to pass this rated 9000w frequently or in longer duration.

It might hold for it once. But the strain could weaken parts so they break under much less load next time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Unventor said:

This might be possible is very brief moments but I don't think it is wise to pass this rated 9000w frequently or in longer duration.

It might hold for it once. But the strain could weaken parts so they break under much less load next time.

The v14 is rated for 9000w with a peak of 12000w according to Inmotions website.The v13 is rated for 10,000w and i and @Forwardnbak have had sustained accelerations over 12,500w . The raptor controller is capable of handling over 1k amps and as you can see the amp draw was only 150 or so. Also Inmotion always plays it safe with their controllers so if the unit isn't cutting out i'm fine with continuing to test it. I'm fairly confident that if it would damage the unit then Inmotions firmware wouldn't allow it. But thank you for the concern.:D Someone has to test it...:lol:

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2024 at 4:20 PM, Unventor said:

The EUC.WORLD app show cell differences so it is maybe easier to see. 

The machine has not reproduced the error again where I could capture and upload the log to Inmotion. 
The folks at erides said Inmotion can send a firmware update once the log is uploaded. (I still may buy a backup EUC for redundancy.) :)
Would you advise using the EUC World app rather than the Inmotion app, or do most experienced riders use both? 

25 minutes ago, Jayzao said:

The machine has not reproduced the error again where I could capture and upload the log to Inmotion. 
The folks at erides said Inmotion can send a firmware update once the log is uploaded. (I still may buy a backup EUC for redundancy.) :)
Would you advise using the EUC World app rather than the Inmotion app, or do most experienced riders use both? 

The diagnostic and black box data upload in the Inmotion app is extremely helpful together with Inmotion checking it out to give you best solution to a problem. This goes for any Inmotion EUC. It is often underrated by most questions I have seen on the years. I do diagnostics and upload this with regular intervals.

Now specifically for the V14 the cell by cell information is very helpful to get an idea of what could be wrong with battery or charging problems. How this is showing in EUC.WORLD is a little different to the Inmotion app. What I like here is the delta value between lowest and highest cell volts in a pack. This gives easier insight to an imbalanced battery pack.

But it only makes sense if one have some understanding of the principles and what to look for. If we were side by side it would be easier to explain "in a simple way".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jayzao said:

Is it possible you shut down the wheel before stopping the app? My v13 will  throw a shut down error if i do that every time.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

amp draw was only 150

Is it battery amps or phase amps? It looks like battery amps

152.7 battery amps x 109.5 Vmin = 16720 Watts

Edited by dimos15
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

your decimal point is in the wrong place

watts.jpg

yes it was supposed to be a decimal comma but you get what i mean

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 11:58 AM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

V-14 50 s with Fox float DPx2 7.875"x2.25" EVOL and @EMA power pads slightly modified for this wheel. I have settled on the shock at 300psi, it's a massive upgrade from the original now with actual small bump compliance as well as progressive compression. Rides like a Cadillac off/on road now. You will need 2 - 15mm OD to 12mm ID bushings and 6- 12mm washers to shim side to side. Suspension is smooth and pads are amazing, big thanks to EMA for being so kind as to share his pad design with the community. Side note, I'm 210lbs riding weight. I won't be doing any massive jumps at that PSI because i prefer it plush as opposed to firm but the shock can handle up to 350 psi. Super easy to adjust and plenty of room as well as being about 2lbs lighter than the original.

20240413-113110.jpg

I'm looking to buy a V14 and trying to figure out the shock and pads.  Do you have more information on it - I was looking at the inmotion 500lb shock kit - how does this compare?  I weigh 165lbs.  I was also looking for those printable pad files but couldn't find them.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, miketunes said:

I was also looking for those printable pad files but couldn't find them. 

The EMA pad files can be found here:https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/tool/euc-ema-flexy-pads

I ended up heightening them by 3/4" and reducing their size by scaling them to 75% to fit the v14 well. If you don't want to go through all that trouble, the v14 stock pads are actually pretty decent. As you can see from my post i went with a Fox shock instead of the fast ace 550# kit Inmotion sells. I did that for several reasons, one being Fox makes a far superior shock and another being i can now adjust how stiff or plush i want it to be by regulating the air pressure. @Unventor has installed the Inmotion 550# kit and I'm sure he would be happy to share his experience with you on that. The original shock is just far to stiff unless you weigh 250#+ and or are planning on doing some massive jumps. If you want the absolute best service in the industry, i would suggest buying it from Jason at Ewheels, he may even be able to install the shock kit for you before shipping if you decide to go that route. His wheels also come with the seat kit.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2024 at 4:23 PM, Kmil said:

After fully charged, V14 showing 100% b4 disconnect 1 of the 4 battery pack connectors, power off and disconnect it, now it shows 75%, and with red warning indicator on V14, and also warning msg in app. Riding OK, maybe useful for those who need weight reduction and don't mind the limitations.  No error codes after power off and connecting back the connector. :)

batt5.jpg

batt4.jpg

batt1.jpg

batt3.jpg

batt2.jpg

Hello Friends

Got same issue, this affects riding milleage battery shows 125.3v at23% that is normal?Screenshot-2024-05-18-20-26-06-568-com-i IMG-20240518-202500.jpgScreenshot-2024-05-18-20-26-24-849-com-i

• Like 1

I've read the big grizzla power pads are better than the compact.  I think going all big may not fit, but what about mix/matching?  Would the front bottom be the most important for jumping - I was thinking ordering that big and the rest compact.  

4 hours ago, Kato_pen92 said:

Hello Friends

Got same issue, this affects riding milleage battery shows 125.3v at23% that is normal?Screenshot-2024-05-18-20-26-06-568-com-i IMG-20240518-202500.jpgScreenshot-2024-05-18-20-26-24-849-com-i

Same thing just popped up today out of nowhere. Batterys look fine, no issues with wiring, charging fine. The wheel is less than a few weeks old. I suspect its a software issue. 

Screenshot_20240519_153820_INMOTION.jpg

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, miketunes said:

@Unventorhow do you like the 550?  Trying to decide if the fox is worth upgrading?  

I'm not the person you quoted but I weigh 162 lb without gear and the 550 lb shock was only marginally softer for me. I was still topping out going off the smallest of curbs. It probably would have helped if I had slowed the rebound and softened the compression settings but I don't like those riding characteristics. It also may just have been a problem with the stanchion as noted here.

I've sold my V14 but I would have liked to try these alternative linkages. Video: https://t.me/houningning/6983?single

5 minutes ago, BlueCrow said:

I'm not the person you quoted but I weigh 162 lb without gear and the 550 lb shock was only marginally softer for me. I was still topping out going off the smallest of curbs. It probably would have helped if I had slowed the rebound and softened the compression settings but I don't like those riding characteristics. It also may just have been a problem with the stanchion as noted here.

I've sold my V14 but I would have liked to try these alternative linkages. Video: https://t.me/houningning/6983?single

That's interesting. So if I did the 90mm option I could buy a bigger fox float?  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, miketunes said:

That's interesting. So if I did the 90mm option I could buy a bigger fox float?  

No idea. However, in the video I believe it's the Begode Extreme 2nd gen shocks, and on the website it's the V14 500 lb shock.

Edited by BlueCrow

9 hours ago, BlueCrow said:

Depending on how you ride, with a spring system you need to have the right spring for the load it has to handle.

I don't do stunt rides so the 500 lbs progressive Inmotion option works fine with my 95kg in gear ride weight.

Another option would have been using an air suspension as you can adjust this with the air pressure. 

Too bad the V14 in it's configuration didn't work out as you wanted. But in general spring/coil is more specific for ride weight.

Although even with a larger shock, the actually vertical wheel travel would be the same right?  So maybe I'll stick with just replacing the shock with the fox float.

19 hours ago, miketunes said:

I've read the big grizzla power pads are better than the compact.  I think going all big may not fit, but what about mix/matching?  Would the front bottom be the most important for jumping - I was thinking ordering that big and the rest compact.  

If anyone else is looking, here is their recommendation: 

"I am currently riding my V14 with Flow - Big, it is great but part of the pads are protruding beyond the velcro surface which is more aesthetics than security concern.

My personal recommendation would be Flow - Mixed size, where you select sizes and colors for each module separately. In this mode, please select all modules in Big size, beside Front- Top which should be in Compact size.

This recommendation is driven by the agile and reactive nature of V14 where you don't need to put much force with your shins to efficiently accelerate your EUC, hence you don't need that Big lever on Front-Top piece."

7 hours ago, miketunes said:

My personal recommendation would be Flow - Mixed size, where you select sizes and colors for each module separately. In this mode, please select all modules in Big size, beside Front- Top which should be in Compact size.

Our friend @Forwardnbak is using flow on his v14 and has just released a video describing his setup if you are interested.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Our friend @Forwardnbak is using flow on his v14 and has just released a video describing his setup if you are interested.

I purchased the Grizzla pads and can't wait for them to arrive.
I noticed it takes them a bit to prep and send from Poland, but I have heard that they are worth the wait.
The V14 stock pads also take a minute to get I hear, although mine arrived before my wheel.

Let's talk about range and the Inmotion V14 Adventure.

I am 215, a very new rider with only 60 miles on my new wheel. Yesterday, I did some battery testing.
Starting at a full charge, I rode around Denver on bike paths and some dirt paths.
Here's where I'm a bit concerned. After an hour and 13.3 miles, I returned home with only 55% battery remaining.
Is this normal for the Inmotion V14 Adventure, or should I be worried about the battery performance?

(The stated range is 70 miles)

Here is my math:

• Battery used: 100% - 55% = 45%
  • Miles per percentage: 13.3 miles / 45% = 0.2956 miles/percentage
  • Total potential miles: 0.2956 miles/percentage * 100% = 29.56 miles

V14-battery-05-20-2024.png