InMotion V14 riders : Share Your Tips, Tricks, Modifications, Upgrades, Hacks, Setups & Feature Requests

Kmil

Hey there Inmotion V14 fans!

Welcome to this InMotion V14 only discussion thread. Here, you can share everything about your V14 : your experiences, knowledge, and passion for this amazing wheel. :thumbup:

Feel free to contribute any tips, tricks, customizations, upgrades, accessories, troubleshooting solutions, feature requests, media content related to the InMotion V14 and of course, don't forget to share your photos and videos of your InMotion V14 in action! No matter if you're a newbie or a seasoned rider, your input is valuable and appreciated.

Let's inspire and learn from each other, creating a vibrant community of like-minded riders who share a love for this incredible powerful machine.

Looking forward to seeing your contributions! Happy riding!

• Like 1

• Kmil changed the title to InMotion V14 riders : Share Your Tips, Tricks, Modifications, Upgrades, Hacks, Setups & Feature Requests
Posted (edited)

Just discovered a handy trick to share with newbies while playing around with my InMotion V14, which might be particularly useful if you already used to the V11, V12 push and ride transition, from park mode to ride mode immediately.

I was thinking why it feels like a downgrade from V11 to V14, I had to pull up and hold the heavy V14 into riding position, then do a slow double-click on button to enable self-balancing ride mode. (not sure about V13, but I was told this is the way to do it while try riding my friend's Extreme.)

It turns out you can actually enable the ride mode directly from the parking position and parking mode!

Just double-click it while it's in parking position and parking mode. Then, whenever you are ready to ride, just push the wheel and ride immediately!

It will stay in this readiness mode until auto-off. :w00t2:

Happy riding!

Edited by Kmil
upd : V12 auto transition from parking to ride mode

Posted (edited)
On 2/18/2024 at 4:16 PM, Unventor said:

Now I have been looking at what things you could fit on a V14. For now I have not found much. But I did find this aftermarket kickstand.

-245959731-2118833857.thumb.jpg.a9881b0835b3b8ac050dd1ac5b26697e.jpg

This aftermarket kickstand matches the V14 well, seems like they are using the same material as the suspension linkages! :wub:

Cant find any seller selling this yet.

Edited by Kmil

21 hours ago, Kmil said:

One of the most comprehensive and popular rider's review of InMotion V14 50s by @Unventor

Ohh that are kind words 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kmil said:

This aftermarket kickstand matches the V14 well, seems like they are using the same material as the suspension linkages! :wub:

Cant find any seller selling this yet.

I found it on AliExpress. You can often choose between a Begode model and the Inmotion V14.

• Thanks 1

Okey so about the handle or trolley. 

I have some feedback very early on when I got my V14 50S model. In short I said the trolly is by no way Inmotion quality and not doing the V14 justice. 

So a short time after I got the info that Inmotion are looking at makine an aftermarket scorpion tail style trolley.

So it is in research to make something useful. I told them as soon it is ready I am first to order it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Unventor said:

Okey so about the handle or trolley. 

I have some feedback very early on when I got my V14 50S model. In short I said the trolly is by no way Inmotion quality and not doing the V14 justice. 

So a short time after I got the info that Inmotion are looking at makine an aftermarket scorpion tail style trolley.

So it is in research to make something useful. I told them as soon it is ready I am first to order it.

Agreed with this one, it need to be upgraded!

I am considering to remove the trolley handle and sliders top caps, and instead, put 2 bicycle seat/steering shafts(together with quill stem risers) into the V14 suspension sliders, with some good fiting bushings between the shafts and sliders. That way, it will v secure and safe to add on the legendary @Marty Backe styled bicycle saddle :thumbup:   ( he inspired me, and I ride V11 seated 99% of the time :D )

And it might be useful for EUC travellers going for longer trip to add on a rear rack carrier and trunk bags too :D

• Like 1

First time jumper, seems like a little backward dip? Normal?? Compared to friend's Extreme landing. Maybe it's technique related :lol::confused1:

On latest firmwares, and yes, it beeps to acknowledge every jumps.

( Jz updated to 2nd firmwares update yesterday, to the latest :

Driver Board: V5.6.60

HMIC Board:  V3.0.40

)

On 3/11/2024 at 9:05 AM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

...My v14 should be here this week and i am looking forward to having the latest and greatest technology as well as one of the safest wheels in terms of waterproofing and technology. Let's look at the Insides of a few new wheels shall we?

veteran-sherman-s.png

comander-pro.png

begode-master.png

kingson-s19.png

ex30.png

v14-inside.png

Now let's all try and guess by these pictures of the electronics inside these wheels which company is "in crisis!!"

For those in the know and for those who is comparing and wan to know more about inmotion V14 and other eucs :thumbup: @Duccen  this thread is for anything related to V14 riders, current or future riders too , don't worry of topic derail train things here :D jz sharing info and helping each others

Due to modular design@Kmildid you or your friends ever try trail riding with the V14 with only two battery packs? I was thinking the weight reduction should be beneficial when going off road.

6 hours ago, Duccen said:

Due to modular design@Kmildid you or your friends ever try trail riding with the V14 with only two battery packs? I was thinking the weight reduction should be beneficial when going off road.

Yet to try it, since i dun have the dummy battery pack cases, but maybe i will try disconnect the rear 2 battery packs connectors first and try if it works ! @Duccen

No luck finding online reviewers doing it yet too. :lol:

Yeah, finding a dummy battery case could be troublesome, that is if you want to run with those rear power pads. However I wonder if they are that important compare to those foot locking thingy in the front when you do technical trail stuffs where one will need when climbing obstacles in the wood. 

Since you are not going very fast in those situations the need for brake leverage at those speed are perhaps not necessary?

However maybe it is possible to 3d print some brackets and bolt them to the upper rear fixation holes for the batteries and fix your pads to these brackets.

19 minutes ago, Duccen said:

Yeah, finding a dummy battery case could be troublesome, that is if you want to run with those rear power pads. However I wonder if they are that important compare to those foot locking thingy in the front when you do technical trail stuffs where one will need when climbing obstacles in the wood. 

Since you are not going very fast in those situations the need for brake leverage at those speed are perhaps not necessary?

However maybe it is possible to 3d print some brackets and bolt them to the upper rear fixation holes for the batteries and fix your pads to these brackets.

The battery casing is kinda part of the structure of the V14. You can see this in the replacing shock video from Inmotion Global YT channel. They are made of metal and part of how the V14 is ridgid. If it could flex I don't think the the tupe the structure gloves on will last long or work as good as it does. 

That will complicate things if you can't get hold of empty cases or fabricate a battery delete plate to connect the top and bottom fixation points, all for the sake of rigidity.

Maybe the weight saving by removing two batteries is not worth the hassle but does anybody know the weight of each battery pack?

Edited by Duccen
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Duccen said:

That will complicate things if you can't get hold of empty cases or fabricate a battery delete plate to connect the top and bottom fixation points, all for the sake of rigidity.

Maybe the weight saving by removing two batteries is not worth the hassle but does anybody know the weight of each battery pack?

I don't think it is worth the hassle as you say. Yes battery is a heavy part but there are so many other parts of metal and I would expect the motor is a big %of the total weight too. And as you remove battery packs capacity then you have lovely range and less power to give power to torque too. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Duccen said:

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I don't think it is worth the hassle as you say. Yes battery is a heavy part but there are so many other parts of metal and I would expect the motor is a big %of the total weight too. And as you remove battery packs capacity then you have lovely range and less power to give power to torque too. 

Regarding the weight saving on battery packs removed, a rough calculation and 50s cell spec as below :

Brand: Samsung
Model: 50S
Size: 21700
Chemistry: INR
Nominal Capacity: 5000mAh
Nominal Voltage: 3.6V
Discharge: 35A Max Continuous
Positive: Flat/Button Top/Tabs (please select)
Protected: NO
Rechargeable: Yes
Dimensions: 21.1mm x 70.4mm
Weight: 65g

V14 battery configuration: 32s4p  ( 32 in Series and 4 in Parallel )

each V14 battery pack consists of 32 pcs of 21700 50s cells.

weight of cells in each pack = 32 x 65g =2.080kg

If we're to remove all cells and internal boards inside the last 2 packs to make them dummy battery packs,

we can save 4kg++ , out of original 39kg, that would be a roughly total 10%+ weight reduction.

Is it worth the hassle? :confused1::)

2 hours ago, Kmil said:

Regarding the weight saving on battery packs removed, a rough calculation and 50s cell spec as below :

Brand: Samsung
Model: 50S
Size: 21700
Chemistry: INR
Nominal Capacity: 5000mAh
Nominal Voltage: 3.6V
Discharge: 35A Max Continuous
Positive: Flat/Button Top/Tabs (please select)
Protected: NO
Rechargeable: Yes
Dimensions: 21.1mm x 70.4mm
Weight: 65g

V14 battery configuration: 32s4p  ( 32 in Series and 4 in Parallel )

each V14 battery pack consists of 32 pcs of 21700 50s cells.

weight of cells in each pack = 32 x 65g =2.080kg

If we're to remove all cells and internal boards inside the last 2 packs to make them dummy battery packs,

we can save 4kg++ , out of original 39kg, that would be a roughly total 10%+ weight reduction.

Is it worth the hassle? :confused1::)

Nope, not if you ask me. Loss of range and safety margin for 3,5 to 4,5 kg. Not really any weight you will feel much.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 9:44 PM, Duccen said:

After fully charged, V14 showing 100% b4 disconnect 1 of the 4 battery pack connectors, power off and disconnect it, now it shows 75%, and with red warning indicator on V14, and also warning msg in app. Riding OK, maybe useful for those who need weight reduction and don't mind the limitations.  No error codes after power off and connecting back the connector. :)

batt5.jpg

batt4.jpg

batt1.jpg

batt3.jpg

batt2.jpg