InMotion V14 riders : Share Your Tips, Tricks, Modifications, Upgrades, Hacks, Setups & Feature Requests

Kmil

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2024 at 1:32 PM, Duccen said:

Useful info @Kmilbut how does it ride in term of balance and rigidity with only 3 batt packs?

Only tried disconnecting the connector, not trying removing the battery pack, so cant really tell, but it wont be good for balance and rigidity.

Anyway, i think this modular design does provide an easy option for a third party slimmer/lighter battery packs and upgrade etc. :thumbup:

Edited by Kmil

On 4/7/2024 at 5:23 PM, Kmil said:

After fully charged, V14 showing 100% b4 disconnect 1 of the 4 battery pack connectors, power off and disconnect it, now it shows 75%, and with red warning indicator on V14, and also warning msg in app. Riding OK, maybe useful for those who need weight reduction and don't mind the limitations.  No error codes after power off and connecting back the connector. :)

Thank you for doing the experiment to see how the V14 operates with a battery pack disconnected.

Related to that, a while back, @Jason McNeil posted a graph from Inmotion that shows how the top speed may be limited depending on how many batteries are connected:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

V-14 50 s with Fox float DPx2 7.875"x2.25" EVOL and @EMA power pads slightly modified for this wheel. I have settled on the shock at 300psi, it's a massive upgrade from the original now with actual small bump compliance as well as progressive compression. Rides like a Cadillac off/on road now.

Looks like @Punxatawneyjoe has successfully customize it to be a excellent comfort ride machine! Thanks for sharing the setup!!! Mind to share your current tyre pressure?  I notice that even at 26psi, this yuanxin tyre is still very stiff and bouncy, still trying to lowering it and fine tuning for comfort ride . :thumbup:

16 hours ago, Kmil said:

current tyre pressure?  I notice that even at 26psi, this yuanxin tyre is still very stiff and bouncy

I have it at 30 psi, I originally found the ride stiff but after the shock change it seems much better. I don't really want to go lower since i hit a lot of rocks off road at speed so i don't want to dent the rim or pinch the tube. I definitely will be putting a knobby on it though, the original tire is ok on the street but lacks traction off road. With the massive torque the wheel has , the second it slips it just spins out and I've dumped it a few times because of it. She holds up pretty good being dumped though...:D nothing broken............yet.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

With the massive torque the wheel has , the second it slips it just spins out and I've dumped it a few times because of it. She holds up pretty good being dumped though...:D nothing broken............yet.

These spins happened 2 times to me, when the grip is loose especially on loose soil ground, all the sands shoot behind the wheels. I too wonder its the torque or no load free spin kill needs tuning.. remembering in V11, there's a no load spin kill feature, this V14 seems like without one, or activating too slowly.. Ended up I have to long pressed the power button to power it off.:confused1::lol:

1 hour ago, Kmil said:

I too wonder its the torque or no load free spin kill needs tuning.

I feel like it's just the nature of a self balancing device to add max power when it slips in an effort to right itself again. Because this one has a ton of torque, it's amplified some. i wouldn't want the no load free spin kill to kill the motor in this instance because there have been several times the tire gained traction again and i "drifted" a bit but regained traction and went on my way. For me, since this is specifically my "off road" wheel. I will get a more aggressive knobby for it. Your right though, the v11 does have an amazing free spin kill mechanism. You cant get it to free spin even if you try.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I feel like it's just the nature of a self balancing device to add max power when it slips in an effort to right itself again. Because this one has a ton of torque, it's amplified some. i wouldn't want the no load free spin kill to kill the motor in this instance because there have been several times the tire gained traction again and i "drifted" a bit but regained traction and went on my way. For me, since this is specifically my "off road" wheel. I will get a more aggressive knobby for it. Your right though, the v11 does have an amazing free spin kill mechanism. You cant get it to free spin even if you try.

This is why I prefer to have a tire that doesn't have a slick type centerline. If it is slick like pattern then it is much easier push too much torque in the wet. 

It is why I also preferred to ride padless in the past.  

• Upvote 1

On 4/13/2024 at 5:58 PM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

V-14 50 s with Fox float DPx2 7.875"x2.25" EVOL and @EMA power pads slightly modified for this wheel. I have settled on the shock at 300psi, it's a massive upgrade from the original now with actual small bump compliance as well as progressive compression. Rides like a Cadillac off/on road now. You will need 2 - 15mm OD to 12mm ID bushings and 6- 12mm washers to shim side to side. Suspension is smooth and pads are amazing, big thanks to EMA for being so kind as to share his pad design with the community. Side note, I'm 210lbs riding weight. I won't be doing any massive jumps at that PSI because i prefer it plush as opposed to firm but the shock can handle up to 350 psi. Super easy to adjust and plenty of room as well as being about 2lbs lighter than the original.

20240413-113110.jpg

it's a fun wheel, enjoy it :D

• Thanks 1

For anyone wanting a bit more traction off road, might i suggest the Kenda K760 tire in a 80/100-12 size. It's 415# @33PSI Fits the v-14 like a glove with plenty of room around the tire and on top for studs in the winter time so you can ride it on ice.:D Tire change is super easy, it's 1 side cover(2 screws),1 battery(moved not disconnected),1 battery protector(2 screws) and the 8 pedal hanger bolts as well as the 8 motor mount bolts. You will also need to loosen the 3 wire hold down screws and cut and replace 1 motor wire zip tie. Pull the trolley handle up some so you take the spring tension off of it when pulling the pedal hangers. The tire change took me 30 minutes because i was being super careful and methodical. I decided to change the direction of the valve stem since some genius had it in so if i caught a stick going forward it would have ripped it out. At least going this way it has a chance to repel a stick instead of "grabbing" one. Handles well enough on pavement that i didn't take a digger when i tested it doing a figure 8. It's much more traction as you can imagine, i will report back when i get some miles on it.

side-view.jpgfront-clearence.jpgvalve-stem.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The v14 "factory" seat thanks to Jason at ewheels. He said a free one was coming and he came through as always. Fits snug and is comfortable (not that i would be sitting down on this wheel much) their "solution" to covering up the rear light is to give everyone a small "multi-colored strobe light" to stick on the back. It's bright AF and would probably blind anyone behind you. Looks well made and actually engineered (after the fact) and waterproof for what it's worth.

v14-seat.jpgv14-seat-under.jpg

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1